Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
koala18 said:
We are actually just 8 months as a couple before getting married, do you think the VO would see it as too fast?
Hmm, well that depends really.. if you see that as a red flag, then you should address it in your documents like provide an explanation why you decided to get marry after a few months, provide strong proof for those months when you were a couple to show that your relationship developed quickly like photos with families, his and your integration in each other's families, activities and lives..

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
pelipeli said:
On relationship essay, I posted an answer in one of the threads for this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-detail-should-our-spouse-sponsorship-applcation-be-t97849.0.html;msg1321308#msg1321308

let me just repeat it here:
hi, for us we did an essay type. for my hubby's (applicant) essay, he more or less talked about what we enjoy doing together, our plans and dreams, how he thinks we are meant to be... for my essay (sponsor) i basically summarized our rel'p from start to present from my point of view. it may seem like it is the same as the "dev't of relationship" but for that section it dealt with facts like activities we did, trips, ocasions, etc. . For my essay it was more subjective.. i divided it into sections like meetin him for the first time (how i saw him that time), dating phase (why and how i fell in love with him) , getting engaged, why i feel he was the one for me, rel'p issues we had (me converting to his religion), married life ( things we enjoy doing) i also talked about my first meeting with his parents, our dreams and plans for the future, i even wrote there the number of kids we want and their names ! lol ..in short it was a more personal view on the development of relationship.. i read much on the Canlii website (appeal cases) and I have come to know from there that VO's do really look into and give weight to how well you and your spouse know each other's personal details, attitudes, daily routine, future plans, etc. in assessing the genuineness of your relationship , so it really helps that you talk about those stuff .

Client id- if you are the applicant, you do not have this yet. Leave it blank, coz u will be getting this I think upon sponsor approval.
National Identity doc- Leave this blank, we don't have one in the Phils.
Thank you very much! :)

tentenoid

Mar 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/05/12
AOR Received.
12/07/12
File Transfer...
19/07/12
Passport Req..
16/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
21/11/12
Hi guys. Thanks for all the info s for the application. My wife(sponsor) and I want to start our application. She's in Toronto right now and I'm in Dubai. We've decided to process it in Manila(processing time 9 months) instead of Abu Dhabi(processing time 25 months). Should I quit my job here and go back in the Philippines to arrange all required docs(NBI, medical certificates etc.)? Thanks! :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
rhenanjay said:
i want to quote this, are u saying that the form which asks for additional family members, i shouldn't include anyone in my usual family? my wife is from canada, she is my sponsor, and we are newly wed.. we don't have any child yet. does this mean that i am the only one in this application?
Yes, you are the only one being sponsored. For most of the forms, it is just you (and any children you may have had before). Your parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are not included as part of your application to immigrate. However, on one form, the "Additional Family Information Form, IMM5406", CIC does want details of your (the applicant's) parents, spouse, children, and siblings. (There is another form that also asks for your parents' names, which should also be filled in.)

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
Yes, you are the only one being sponsored. For most of the forms, it is just you (and any children you may have had before). Your parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are not included as part of your application to immigrate. However, on one form, the "Additional Family Information Form, IMM5406", CIC does want details of your (the applicant's) parents, spouse, children, and siblings. (There is another form that also asks for your parents' names, which should also be filled in.)
TYVM

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
has anyone here included their bank statement as a proof that u are financially stable to sponsor ur spouse?

KangaRuthie

Mar 15, 2012
Darling, you are a life saver!!!!

Thank-you so much for taking the time to do this *big hug*!!!!

My partner is about to sponsor me (I'm Australian), but I'm going to have to be the one responsible for all the paperwork (I am the female lol!).
I was dreading the thought of doing it all for fear of missing parts and our application being thrown out...you are a lifesaver darling and can't thank you enough for your help :D

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
KangaRuthie said:
Darling, you are a life saver!!!!

Thank-you so much for taking the time to do this *big hug*!!!!

My partner is about to sponsor me (I'm Australian), but I'm going to have to be the one responsible for all the paperwork (I am the female lol!).
I was dreading the thought of doing it all for fear of missing parts and our application being thrown out...you are a lifesaver darling and can't thank you enough for your help :D
thanks for the nice compliments.. you really made me smile :) good luck in your application! glad to lend a helping hand :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
rhenanjay said:
has anyone here included their bank statement as a proof that u are financially stable to sponsor ur spouse?
Yes, this is fine.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
pelipeli said:
What do you mean, coz documents should be originals and nothing is "needed" to be photocopied and notarized... I'm referring to documents like NBI, Birth, Marriage certificate, AOR.. , not to proof of relationship documents...
actually depends on VO....most VO don't encourage to send originals especially for imp documents like birth certificate; plus if the document is neither in English/French the original is useless :-\....just notarized translations with a photocopy of the original....the only originals r the police certificates and the medical exam :) funny i know some VO's which emphasize that the relationship documents have to be originals LOL

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
rhenanjay said:
yes but just because i'm outside Canada (i=the sponsor) so wanted to show we do have some basic income for the time when we move there

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
For Q9 of IMM5490, can I just use the timeline I have prepared for both sponsor and sponsored person? Or is it necessary to write a short essay outlining the development of our relationship?

Thanks,
FS

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Write a separate answer. They especially want to know how it was you fell in love, and how you knew the person was the one.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Okay.

I'm confused as to where I should put the photos because we have so many. We've gone on so many trips over the years...but for Q9 of IMM5490, it says to include photos. So does that mean they want photos of all our travels together?? Or should I reference the VO to our "Proof of Relationship" folder?

How long should the answer to Q9 be? Should I start from the beginning and work my way to the present?

I'm doing this with my wife, of course, as this is her form, but still, it isn't easy for us...we've been together for so long...you'd think it would be a walk in the park, but actually it's quite challenging!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
FS

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Fencesitter said:
Okay.

I'm confused as to where I should put the photos because we have so many. We've gone on so many trips over the years...but for Q9 of IMM5490, it says to include photos. So does that mean they want photos of all our travels together?? Or should I reference the VO to our "Proof of Relationship" folder?

How long should the answer to Q9 be? Should I start from the beginning and work my way to the present?

I'm doing this with my wife, of course, as this is her form, but still, it isn't easy for us...we've been together for so long...you'd think it would be a walk in the park, but actually it's quite challenging!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
FS
for the development of relationship, talk about how you felt when you met, your first date, how you fell in love, how you went from boyfriend girlfriend to more serious, to engaged. what made that happen? is it the travels together? maybe you got a pet together, or moved in together, or met each other's families and spent holidays with them... then attach pictures of those events. yes you can reference it to the proof of relationship, but it depends also if doing that will make things easier , or more confusing and harder for the VO to look for the pictures. I suggest, make the VO's life easier by just attaching those photos to the form, and if you want to repeat those photos in proof of relationship, then you can.

What I did was exactly that, I talked about travels, family gatherings, movie and dinner dates, our dog, and attached photos pertaining to those. Then in proof of relationship, I formatted the photos like a timeline, from the very first photo we have together up to the latest we have before we sent in the application. so some of the photos attached for "development of relationshio" may have been repeated coz they are essential and important events in the "timeline" of our relationship. Hope this helps :D