+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does WES evaluate CA Inter from India?

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
No , not for exam , you need transcripts. Please google 'transcript icai' and you will have all the information. Choose the instructions in Part B of ICAI transcript page
Ya, thats right. Instructions in Part A for online payment and application for Transcripts as well and Part B is manual with DD and regular way. Will check again tomorrow if does not work then Part B. Thanks for help.

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hello @dipantika and everyone,

I just received a BIG YELLOW ENVELOPE from ICAI containing my transcripts. So, this envelope is sealed but it does not have stamp and sign on it. ( As WES mentioned on its website)

Can i send this envelope to WES, because the Hyderabad branch is not putting stamp when I requested them. They were like only, Delhi Branch has power to stamp on the outer envelope.

I hope, I can send the envelope as it is completely sealed.

Please help me out.
Hey you dont have to send the big yellow envelope. I just sent the inside white sealed envelope which is as per WES requirement. I wrote WES address on it n sent it

Reactions: arunk0811

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Do we need to get Attested Mark Sheets and Certificates or Transcripts from ICAI. Thanks

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Yes you either need to get your mark sheets and certificate attested or you need to call for official transcripts from ICAI. One of the two.
Do we need to get Attested Mark Sheets and Certificates or Transcripts from ICAI. Thanks

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Yes you either need to get your mark sheets and certificate attested or you need to call for official transcripts from ICAI. One of the two.
Is there any specific format of cover letter for getting markesheet and certificate attested. I am not getting any format for attestation on ICAI website, only transcript form is available there.

Last edited:

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Is there any specific format of cover letter for getting markesheet and certificate attested. I am not getting any format for attestation on ICAI website, only transcript form is available there.
I think you need to post the copies to Delhi. Alongwith DD. Not sure though. Call ICAI and ask.

Sep 9, 2017
WES will evaluate only both groups of inter CA. I don't know about ATC as I have not come across any candidate who has applied for this with WES. however you could try and give your ATC certificate for evaluation. (you will need a copy of your marksheet and ATC certificate attested and in a sealed envelope by ICAI.)
Hi Marty and others,

This is the first time I am posting on this forum.. Does anyone know how WES evaluates CA PE1 certificate from ICAI, India. I cleared CA PE1 way back in 2004 and then left the course due to personal reasons.i shall be very grateful if someone can respond to this.. And by the way, I also completed Bcom hons from DU in 2005. Thanks guys, thank you for making this such a meaningful platform for all the canada aspirants.

Sep 9, 2017
Hi, all you lovely fellow country men out there!

This is the first time I am posting on this forum.. Does anyone know how WES evaluates CA PE1 certificate from ICAI, India. I cleared CA PE1 way back in 2004 and then left the course due to personal reasons. I shall be very grateful if someone can respond to this.. And by the way, I also completed Bcom hons from DU in 2005. Thanks guys, thank you for making this such a meaningful platform for all the canada aspirants.

arunk0811

Sep 4, 2017
Hi, all you lovely fellow country men out there!

This is the first time I am posting on this forum.. Does anyone know how WES evaluates CA PE1 certificate from ICAI, India. I cleared CA PE1 way back in 2004 and then left the course due to personal reasons. I shall be very grateful if someone can respond to this.. And by the way, I also completed Bcom hons from DU in 2005. Thanks guys, thank you for making this such a meaningful platform for all the canada aspirants.
Well, I reckon PE1 is similar to IPCC, correct me if I am wrong.

Now, if you have cleared both the groups of PE1, it will be considered as a one year diploma by WES and this will have a significant advantage on your overall CRS score.

So, go to ICAIexam website, and create an account of for ordering transcripts. You will get all the necessary instructions from ICAI website.

They would take upto 17 days to send you back the transcripts from the date of the receipt.

Sep 9, 2017

Now, if you have cleared both the groups of PE1, it will be considered as a one year diploma by WES and this will have a significant advantage on your overall CRS score.

So, go to ICAIexam website, and create an account of for ordering transcripts. You will get all the necessary instructions from ICAI website.

They would take upto 17 days to send you back the transcripts from the date of the receipt.
Thank you very much for making time to to respond to me.. CA PE1 is actually equivalent to present day CPT or the erstwhile CA foundation. What do you think now? I have got my ielts score which is band 8.. just desperate to know if I can get the CA PE1 assessed? Thanks!

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017

I tried making payment for transcript thru icaiexam website and wasted 5 days, better do it manually

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
I've received my transcripts for my B.Com and M.Com from college. My college has given it to me in a sealed envelop. Do I've to open it, approach University and get all of them attested?
Which all documents are to be sent to WES?
No the transcripts are to be sent as it is, don't open the sealed envelope.

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
@Marty_ I have the same thing , Indian CA inter plus bachelors 3 years and a diploma from IGNOU , Can i select 2 or more degree , your comtribuition will help . And congrats on receiving PPR . I was following you buddy
Eca counts b. Com and CA(completed) each as grad degree, however I am awaiting my eca report, so you must consider according to that...however cic will go with the wes evaluation of ur degree.

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
I am not showing my articleship experience , its written on the cic site that internship experience is not counted, I am still not sure on this but most probably no, atleast I am not showing.
Somewhere there is was a risk in choosing 1111 as I have seen quite a number of people were rejected because they were not fully qualified CA or ACCA , so I had to choose 1311 , indeed most of my duties in full time work matched that NOC at about 70% . I am seriously not sure how WES will evaluate only group 1 inter, I have sent my grp 1 & 2 marksheet to ICAI for transcript , will be able to tell you when I am done with WES.
You can ask @Marty_ since he got PR and was in the same position like us. Good luck
Since articleship is a part of our CA education, it cannot be counted as work ex.

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
Hi Could you guide me on the procedure on how to get the transcripts for ATC/CA Inter from ICAI, Thanks for your help
You can approach via online application(there is separate site for that by icai) and payment of fees, send a copy of your marksheet (signed) and u will receive ur transcript from them. For more clarification, contact icai for it