+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how can avoid the high cost of delivering a baby in canada

KUSUM86

Dec 11, 2019
At 34-36 weeks if you are flying assume you have checked requirements with the airline such as fit to fly letter from doctor.

As a PR assuming you have met the residency obligation you would have no issues entering the country whether pregnant or not given as a PR you are entitled to enter although if found to not have met the RO you could of course be reported leading to PR being revoked subject to appeal.[/QUOTE]

KUSUM86

Dec 11, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have checked with airlines I am allowed to fly till 36 weeks but m flying before just to avoid any last minute issues.

Regarding my PR, yes I have PR status valid for 3 more years.

Any information on doctors/hospitals accepting new patients in Toronto, Mississauga.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am in similar situation holding PR and returning to Canada when 34-36 weeks pregnant.
I have below questions if anyone can help:
  • I will be 34-36 weeks pregnant while returning to Canada. Will I face any problem at immigration/borders?
  • You mention about credit valley hospital, at which week they accepted you because they mentioned I am going to be too late?
  • Can you give me more information on doctor which you met and the process?
  • Will the newborn get the health coverage immediately in case of any complications.

It will be very helpful if you can help me on the above queries as I really worried about doctors accepting so close to due date. Thanks

Regards,
Kusum
How long have you been out of Canada? You likely don’t qualify for OHIP so will have to put down a pretty large deposit to give birth at an Ontario hospital. Given how late you are arriving you may not have time to find an OB to care for you that you will have to pay for. You will have to call around. You will also have to call Toronto hospitals to see if they can accommodate you and you’ll need to make payment arrangements before delivery. If you do find an OB you will have to make payment arrangements with the hospital associated with the OB. Yes the baby will be covered if you are a PR and if they meet the residency requirements to receive healthcare which will be staying in Canada for the next 6 months minimum,

Babies regularly arrive at 36 weeks so flying even at 34-35 weeks on a long haul flight is a bit crazy in my opinion. Based on your name you are likely coming from West Africa which usually means 2 long flights.