+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnant while landing in canada as international student

Sashelle

Apr 17, 2018
Have you applied fo a school yet? Normally a medical exam requires an x-ray which most doctors recommend you avoid until after the birth. Given your due date there will be serious concerns that you are not a genuine student. How do plan on studying with a newborn? Given you are so late in your pregnancy you will likely hav to give birth in a hospital because midwives are in short supply and are booked at the beginning of a pregnancy. A birth would cost approximately 10k. Usually a little less but much more if you have a c-section. Your plan doesn't seem realistic whether you are a genuine student or not.
Yes i applied and I have been accepted. My mother has no issue helping out for the first few months until my husband and I get settled. He will be applying for a work permit as well so taking care of a newborn wouldnt be a problem. What I want to know is how i can prove I'm a genuine student.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yes i applied and I have been accepted. My mother has no issue helping out for the first few months until my husband and I get settled. He will be applying for a work permit as well so taking care of a newborn wouldnt be a problem. What I want to know is how i can prove I'm a genuine student.
So one thing missing given you are travelling in July for an approx August 1 delivery assume you are coming in via a land border and not flying ? Also no idea about your mothers status in the country but just be aware if classified as a visitor 'helping out' can loosely be defined as work, not an issue for a spouse.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What country are you a citizen of? Are you from a visa exempt country? Does your husband have a valid trv for Canada? Will you have proof of enough savings to prove that you can pay for the cost of a birth when you cross the border? If you need to do a medical exam what are you going to do about the x-ray? What type of program have you applied to and what is your educational/work background? What are your ielts scores? Daycare for a newborn can be as much as $2000/month in some cities. Maybe even more for under 6 months. t is less in some other cities but it will be quite expensive. Most women take maternity leave partially because childcare would be too expensive. Just wanted to warn you.

Last edited:

Sashelle

Apr 17, 2018
What country are you a citizen of? Are you from a visa exempt country? Does your husband have a valid trv for Canada? Will you have proof of enough savings to prove that you can pay for the cost of a birth when you cross the border? If you need to do a medical exam what are you going to do about the x-ray? What type of program have you applied to and what is your educational/work background? What are your ielts scores? Daycare for a newborn can be as much as $2000/month in some cities. Maybe even more for under 6 months. t is less in some other cities but it will be quite expensive. Most women take maternity leave partially because childcare would be too expensive. Just wanted to warn you.
I am a jamaican. Yes my husband has a valid trv.
From the government of Canada website i see that i dont need any. I applied to child and youth care worker (bachelors degree)
English is my main language

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also wanted to mention that your husband isn't guaranteed a work permit. You may want to consider applying for it with your student visa. It will answer some questions about who will support you while you study with a newborn and if he doesn't get a work permit you may decide to adjust your plans.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think a big factor will be your savings. Not sure what city you are planning on living in but you will have to show a lot more savings with a young family accompanying you plus a birth. Your previous education and marks will obviously factor into the decision as well. It would have to make sense why you would uproot your family so close to the birth and choose to study with a young baby. Also you need to decide whether you will decide to do an x-ray if you have to do a medical because most women will postpone until after birth. Nobody can really tell you for sure until you apply.

jasamy

May 10, 2018
Hi

I dont know if anyone is going through this right now but i am currently 25 weeks pregnant and I am due to give birth aug 1. Classes begin sept 4th and I would love to have my baby in canada.
Would they turn me back at the port if i am to arrive in July? Or will i be denied a study permit? I have suffienct funds to cover the cost of birth center and midwife
i am 21 weeks pregnant and an internatioanal student here in canada.

Delight85

Aug 22, 2018
Hi,
I am a bit tense ,please need a clarification.
I got admission at SAIT on April.have applied for my study permits. Two days ago I was called for my medical examination. My fear now is,am just 7 weeks pregnant. I have already done the medical examination. Please will this little pregnancy made the immigration refuse me of the visa?
N/B :I have my first Orientation on 27th of this August and the main class will commence on the 4th of September. Please advice me. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am a bit tense ,please need a clarification.
I got admission at SAIT on April.have applied for my study permits. Two days ago I was called for my medical examination. My fear now is,am just 7 weeks pregnant. I have already done the medical examination. Please will this little pregnancy made the immigration refuse me of the visa?
N/B :I have my first Orientation on 27th of this August and the main class will commence on the 4th of September. Please advice me. Thanks
No - this doesn't necessarily mean your visa will be refused. You may still be approved.

Have you thought about what you will do once you're in Canada? If you take an unscheduled break from your studies to have your baby, then you won't qualify for a post graduate work permit. It may make sense to postpone your studies until after you have the baby.

Delight85

Aug 22, 2018
Thanks for your response and encouragement. Actually I have not thought of that...(what I will be doing while in Canada).Secondly by the grace of God , my EDD will fall in during our break.And my mother will come in assisting when I put to birth though I have a sister and her family residing there. My question now is, is there anything I can be doing to assist myself while schooling? By God's grace I don't usually have issues during pregnancy and child birth.I really want to start school at this fall and don't wish to withdraw for any reason. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response and encouragement. Actually I have not thought of that...(what I will be doing while in Canada).Secondly by the grace of God , my EDD will fall in during our break.And my mother will come in assisting when I put to birth though I have a sister and her family residing there. My question now is, is there anything I can be doing to assist myself while schooling? By God's grace I don't usually have issues during pregnancy and child birth.I really want to start school at this fall and don't wish to withdraw for any reason. Thanks
I'm not sure what you mean by "assist myself while schooling". Can you explain this in more detail? What do you mean by this?

Does your mother already have an approved TRV?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure what EDD is but babies don't always show up when you want to. You could end up up bed rest or other problems. No guarantees your mother could get a TRV if she doesn't have one already and you will like have to pay for childcare which is incredibly expensive and can be hard to find. It is also getting very Lae in the year. Some schools give away spots if you have not received your visa at a certain time and offer another start date. Have you applied for your whole family?

Last edited:

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
hey guys... i am planning to come to canada on study permit for may 2019 intake... i m married to south african citizen in india...
now my query is that is there anyway that i can bring my wife along with me to canada??? note that she is 2 months pregnant....