Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
"In February 2015, received an email that file was transferred to Hong Kong Visa Office."

Every other mainland applicant I've heard about had their files transferred to HK on March 25. You're sure about February?

"On July 2, 2015 received an email from Hong Kong Visa Office requesting passport.
Sent passport in on July 7, 2015. CIC received passport on July 8, 2015.
Received passport back with COPR letter on July 15, 2015."

Thanks for the timeline suntzubinfa, and congratulations, but can you comment on when e-CAS indicated "Decision Made"? Was the passport sent to the Beijing VAC (Visa Application Centre)?

My wife's passport was sent in a week before yours but has yet to be sent back. I contacted the Beijing VAC by email yesterday and got the following form letter within just an hour or two:

"After tracking, your application is still under processing at the Canadian Embassy. Normally, the processing time of EAPP immigration visa application will be taken [sic] about 4 weeks, but the exactly [sic] processing time is decided solely by the Canadian Embassy."

EAPP generally refers to Electronically APPlied for temporary resident visas, but here I see the term used to preface "immigration visa". I note that the VAC language is not standard CIC language. For example, the VAC (run by VFS Global) refers to the "Canada visa office" in its communications.

What I suspect happened in our case is that having decision made so quickly after going in progress (just two weeks) ironically delayed us because had the passport arrived before decision made, the case would have been closed out with a visa issuance at the same time as decision made. But because the passport was missing, we got a bring forward date (BFD) to 30 days from passport request and if the passport arrives earlier than 30 days, it'll just sit and wait until the bring forward date anyway because the "decision made" took the file off the visa officer's active files list (or something like that). One would think that a clerk could just stick the counterfoil in the passport without having to re-engage the attention of the assigned officer but I suppose the same officer who worked the file has to check the passport's stamps against the applicant's claimed travel history, which in our case was relatively extensive (travel to Korea, Mexico, multiple trips to the US). If that's the case, our BFD is tomorrow so the visa officer should be alerted to pull out her file, notice that the mail room has added the passport to it, and close it out.

tofuboi

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-03-2015 AOR2 16-04-2015
File Transfer...
30-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2014 2nd - 28-08-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-28-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
bukeluke said:
I sent my application in mid-Dec. I still not received anything but the letter about transferred to HKVO from Mississauga office after the sponsorship approved at the beginning of March. It's already 7 months, still nothing heard....
What does ECAS say?

suntzubinfa

Jul 15, 2015
It was towards the end of February that we received the email that my wife files was transferred to the Hong Kong visa office.

Should've been more specific, my wife's passport was sent to CIC-Ottawa because she is already in Canada on a student visa. So they gave you an option to send it to Ottawa instead of the Beijing VAC. We applied outland even though she lives in Canada because the processing times were faster outland.

As for when Decision made on e-CAS, we got the email requesting for passport on July 2, 2015 and I checked e-CAS the same day and it said decision made on July 2, 2015.

I know it's tough waiting but you are almost there! Hopefully the passport will come back soon.

BrianDell said:
"In February 2015, received an email that file was transferred to Hong Kong Visa Office."

Every other mainland applicant I've heard about had their files transferred to HK on March 25. You're sure about February?

"On July 2, 2015 received an email from Hong Kong Visa Office requesting passport.
Sent passport in on July 7, 2015. CIC received passport on July 8, 2015.
Received passport back with COPR letter on July 15, 2015."

Thanks for the timeline suntzubinfa, and congratulations, but can you comment on when e-CAS indicated "Decision Made"? Was the passport sent to the Beijing VAC (Visa Application Centre)?

My wife's passport was sent in a week before yours but has yet to be sent back. I contacted the Beijing VAC by email yesterday and got the following form letter within just an hour or two:

"After tracking, your application is still under processing at the Canadian Embassy. Normally, the processing time of EAPP immigration visa application will be taken [sic] about 4 weeks, but the exactly [sic] processing time is decided solely by the Canadian Embassy."

EAPP generally refers to Electronically APPlied for temporary resident visas, but here I see the term used to preface "immigration visa". I note that the VAC language is not standard CIC language. For example, the VAC (run by VFS Global) refers to the "Canada visa office" in its communications.

What I suspect happened in our case is that having decision made so quickly after going in progress (just two weeks) ironically delayed us because had the passport arrived before decision made, the case would have been closed out with a visa issuance at the same time as decision made. But because the passport was missing, we got a bring forward date (BFD) to 30 days from passport request and if the passport arrives earlier than 30 days, it'll just sit and wait until the bring forward date anyway because the "decision made" took the file off the visa officer's active files list (or something like that). One would think that a clerk could just stick the counterfoil in the passport without having to re-engage the attention of the assigned officer but I suppose the same officer who worked the file has to check the passport's stamps against the applicant's claimed travel history, which in our case was relatively extensive (travel to Korea, Mexico, multiple trips to the US). If that's the case, our BFD is tomorrow so the visa officer should be alerted to pull out her file, notice that the mail room has added the passport to it, and close it out.

smile1212

Oct 28, 2014
I finally can find my application status on the CIC link. It is still 'application received'. Guess I just need to wait and be patient.

I have another question. How much time will you be given to land once you receive the COPR letter? I heard usually the landing visa is expired in 3 months time. Is it?
Thanks.

suntzubinfa

Jul 15, 2015
smile1212 said:
I finally can find my application status on the CIC link. It is still 'application received'. Guess I just need to wait and be patient.

I have another question. How much time will you be given to land once you receive the COPR letter? I heard usually the landing visa is expired in 3 months time. Is it?
Thanks.
My wife's landing visa had a validity of 11 months. This matched the expiry of her medical exam. So I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

sartha

Jul 20, 2015
Hi there, I have the following rough timeline regarding my wife's application (HK Office):

Application received by CIC on 12 November, 2014
Medical Results status update on 12 February, 2015 (Approved)
Sponsorship decision reached on 12 February, 2015 (Approved)
Received email from CIC requesting Police certificate some time in May (don't remember date)
Police Certificate sent by Police on 14 April, 2015
Application started processing on 26 June, 2015
Outstanding Request for Police Certificate on 6 July, 2015 (Must be within 30 days)

>.> We contacted the Police unit that dealt with my wife and they confirmed 14 April as the date the file was sent to the CIC office. So we sent CIC a letter and email telling them they should already have it, and even provided the tracking number the Police gave us.

We haven't heard anything as of yet, any ideas if patience is the best course of action right now?

Jun 23, 2015
sartha said:
Hi there, I have the following rough timeline regarding my wife's application (HK Office):

Application received by CIC on 12 November, 2014
Medical Results status update on 12 February, 2015 (Approved)
Sponsorship decision reached on 12 February, 2015 (Approved)
Received email from CIC requesting Police certificate some time in May (don't remember date)
Police Certificate sent by Police on 14 April, 2015
Application started processing on 26 June, 2015
Outstanding Request for Police Certificate on 6 July, 2015 (Must be within 30 days)

>.> We contacted the Police unit that dealt with my wife and they confirmed 14 April as the date the file was sent to the CIC office. So we sent CIC a letter and email telling them they should already have it, and even provided the tracking number the Police gave us.

We haven't heard anything as of yet, any ideas if patience is the best course of action right now?

After finished the Police certificate, the staff told me I should visit CIC website and upload the RECEIPT to CIC.

bambooc

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2015 AOR, 04-03-2015 AOR 2
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Interview........
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
demanding
VISA ISSUED...
demanding
LANDED..........
ASAP
bukeluke said:
I sent my application in mid-Dec. I still not received anything but the letter about transferred to HKVO from Mississauga office after the sponsorship approved at the beginning of March. It's already 7 months, still nothing heard....
Buddy, I am a month earlier and no update from CIC since AOR 2.

LN9714

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
(AOR1)13-02-2015; (AOR2)13-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-11-2015
katherineli2015 said:
After finished the Police certificate, the staff told me I should visit CIC website and upload the RECEIPT to CIC.
I did my police certificate on April 2015, should I upload the receipt to CIC now?
Will CIC update on on-line service when they received a policy certificate?

jessiewil

Mar 9, 2015
bambooc said:
Buddy, I am a month earlier and no update from CIC since AOR 2.
My case was received mid-November 2014 too and nothing's happened since AOR2.
The whole process seems even slower this month. I haven't heard any news about IP or interview in the past 2-3 weeks. :(

BrianDell

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
1 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
6 Jan 2015<br>IP 3 June 2015
Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
I've learned that after it indicates "decision made" on e-CAS, for mainlanders Hong Kong is done with the file and from that point on it's Beijing's affair. Ask Hong Kong what's going on like I did and they may respond same day to say go ask Beijing.

This makes it even more of a mystery to me why Beijing has to "process" for weeks when Hong Kong's already made a decision since if the (Hong Kong) visa officer who made the decision is no longer available that shouldn't matter. I doubt that they transfer the file yet again to Beijing after "decision made" but they do transfer responsibility such that if Beijing doesn't have the file, then all Beijing does is put the the visa counterfoil in the passport and issue the confirmation of permanent residence. Ought to be very straightforward, and since Chinese citizens can still apply for tourist visas throughout the summer, it can't be the case that Beijing stops processing passports for weeks on end.

Mumof3

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2015 (AOR1) 3-3-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Yes up-front
Med's Done....
07-07-2014 (first) 04-08-2015 (second)
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
31-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-9-2015
LANDED..........
28-10-2015........PR card in hands Mar. 11, 2016
jessiewil said:
My case was received mid-November 2014 too and nothing's happened since AOR2.
The whole process seems even slower this month. I haven't heard any news about IP or interview in the past 2-3 weeks. :(
Hi All,

My status is application received.
I moved to BC with my family already mid of July 2015. I emailed HKVO July 07th before leaving HK with questions of changing my home address, what to tell Canada custom when entering YVR and my up-front expires in July, should I re do in HK before
leavingHK.

I got their email replied 3 wks after they re saying my application in progress, I should show my PR application to custom officer at Airport and wait for their further information. They didn't answer my upfront question.

My husband ordered GCMS notes beginning ofJune, it show my application transferred to HKVO since March 03th with updated my police on May 4th (2 weeks after I ordered in HK) without further moves. It surprised me!
About my upfront the GCMS extended till March 2016.

I arrived BC with my HK passport everything goes well, the only thing I am not able to apply SIN number and health card. All peoples are helpful from airport, container mover, hydro company, cell phone company incl. border service goods to follow officer! Others services like utilities, driving license and family grant and child benefits that runs well. Weather , living area and Air are perfect, I am willing to wait my PR here not going back HK. :p

Jun 23, 2015
Mumof3 said:
Hi All,

I moved to BC with my family already mid of July 2015. I emailed HKVO July 07th before leaving HK with questions of changing my home address, what to tell Canada custom when entering YVR and my up-front expires in July, should I re do in HK before
leavingHK.

I got their email replied 3 wks after they re saying my application in progress, I should show my PR application to custom officer at Airport and wait for their further information. They didn't answer my upfront question.

My husband ordered GCMS notes beginning ofJune, it show my application transferred to HKVO since March 03th with updated my police on May 4th (2 weeks after I ordered in HK) without further moves. It surprised me!

I arrived BC with my HK passport everything goes well, the only thing I am not able to apply SIN number and health card. All peoples are helpful from airport, container mover, hydro company, cell phone company incl. border service goods to follow officer! Others services like utilities, driving license and family grant and child benefits that runs well. Weather , living area and Air are perfect, I am willing to wait my PR here not going back HK. :p
Did u bought one way air-ticket go go to Canada ?

Mumof3

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2015 (AOR1) 3-3-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Yes up-front
Med's Done....
07-07-2014 (first) 04-08-2015 (second)
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
31-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-9-2015
LANDED..........
28-10-2015........PR card in hands Mar. 11, 2016
Katherineli,

I got one way ticket. No one ask how long I am going to stay.
I used the same declaration form with my family as Canadian returning to Canada.

Mumof3

LN9714

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
(AOR1)13-02-2015; (AOR2)13-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-11-2015
Mumof3 said:
Hi All,

leavingHK.

Hi Mumof3,

Thanks for your update. I also arrived Canada as a visitor with my HK passport, I will stay in Canada for 3 months, but now I am thinking should I stay longer and wait for my PR :)

I have a question, will you prepare a B4 form when your PR/CORP is ready?