Home support worker PR application

rn_ontario0007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Nothing yet.
Aor received on Oct 22.
Linked to online account.
Didn't heard anything from there yet
Hi #stan! Ur AOr has been sent for a year, did you receive any correspondence from the IRCC? And did you apply inside canada? Thank you for answering.

Parrii

Aug 28, 2019
Hello Everyone, just came across your discussion on this form... it seemed that it may help me im my immigration to Canada.
I was wondering if you may help me in providing the information. Thank you in advance.

rn_ontario0007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hello Everyone, just came across your discussion on this form... it seemed that it may help me im my immigration to Canada.
I was wondering if you may help me in providing the information. Thank you in advance.
I wish you luck in ur application..

#stan

Dec 4, 2017
Hi #stan! Ur AOr has been sent for a year, did you receive any correspondence from the IRCC? And did you apply inside canada? Thank you for answering.
1st one got refused,. reason- group home and supported living work experience is not calculated as noc 4412.

rn_ontario0007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Yeah I work as a dsw at group home.

Refusal letter say.work must be taken at the clients residents or our house.
Which is strange
#stan, Yeah! It’s strange and unfair! May I just ask when did you got the correspondence from them, regarding the refusal..?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Hi yadav! May I ask if you received any correspondence from IRCC? Ur application has been sent more than 12 months. And did you apply inside canada? Thank you
hey buddy no we havent had any response so far and even the MP' office is unable to get an update. The last time they tried IRCC said they cant give them any update and they will simply contact if anything is needed. im unsure how long it will take from here, its been 15 months already. I guess we will only hear something next year now.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi Danifola! May I just ask if you received any updates from the IRCC?
Instead of applying for another Study Permit when you are not actually going to study, I guess you should have applied for a bridge open work permit, with explanation in your cover letter that you are waiting for processing of your PR under the HSW stream. I'm sure they would approve. While PGWP cannot be extended or renewed, if you have a job and you have submitted a PR application in process, my sense tells me they would grant you a BOWP to continue working in Canada pending processing of PR. It's a problem in itself if you apply for study permit and do not actually study.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hello,
I applied under the new interim pathway, have a dependant ( 6 year old son). He’s not in Canada, but I am in Canada, sent my application on sept 6th. Have all requirements, plus one year work experience under home support worker. celpip all 8. Attached original police report from my country, and my education in Canada. All sons documentation completed including consent letter from his dad.
However at the time my PGWP was expiring, so had no choice but to apply for a study permit to continue to remain in Canada and go back to school.
Application Received at Edmonton office.
On oct 23rd my application was sent back, date on letter oct 17th. Stating I filled too much form ( filled a schedule 19, just needed schedule 18 form).
Removed the form that was not needed, sent back my application on oct 28th.
Received oct 31st in Edmonton. With new attached study permit.
Still waiting on AOR, it’s been 6 weeks, should I be worried.
Instead of applying for another Study Permit when you are not actually going to study, I guess you should have applied for a bridge open work permit, with explanation in your cover letter that you are waiting for processing of your PR under the HSW stream. I'm sure they would approve. While PGWP cannot be extended or renewed, if you have a job and you have submitted a PR application in process, my sense tells me they would grant you a BOWP to continue working in Canada pending processing of PR. It's a problem in itself if you apply for study permit and do not actually study.

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
I hope I get my AOR soon. I submitted my application and CPC-edmonton received it january 17. Still no updates from them. My post graduate work permit is expiring at the end of the month. Would that mean I could still continue working under implied status?
Yes

Reactions: Saku123

Sweet jesus

Star Member
May 21, 2020
I hope I get my AOR soon. I submitted my application and CPC-edmonton received it january 17. Still no updates from them. My post graduate work permit is expiring at the end of the month. Would that mean I could still continue working under implied status?
Have you received AOR?

Angelsian

Dec 14, 2020
We submitted the application on June 4, 2020 and we haven't heard anything.

I have an existing employer-specific work permit with a different employer and it will expire on March 2021.

What should I do?