+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home support worker PR application

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
We submitted the application on June 4, 2020 and we haven't heard anything.

I have an existing employer-specific work permit with a different employer and it will expire on March 2021.

What should I do?
You cannot work for the new employer. When your current permit expires you have to stop working. There are delays currently. Takes about 7 months for AOR. Delays because of pandemic

Angelsian

Dec 14, 2020
Thank you for your response. But No, I don't think I need to stop working. I can still work as an implied status with my current employer. It also shows in the ircc website

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Thank you for your response. But No, I don't think I need to stop working. I can still work as an implied status with my current employer. It also shows in the ircc website
Yes you're correct. My bad im sleepy. Keep working, same employer and same restrictions from old permit.

Reactions: Angelsian

Ktojam

Oct 17, 2020
17 months n no update, with the coming holidays its least expected to have any update.
Wow. I am so sorry to hear that. I never imagined it would take this long. I submitted documents from outside canada for the HSW Pilot on November 17th. The wait it already unbearable. I hope you get a response soon.

Jan 14, 2021
Yes you're correct. My bad im sleepy. Keep working, same employer and same restrictions from old permit.
You may consider renewing your work permit with an LMIA with current employer or ask new employer to do LMIA to give you protection while you wait for the HSWP application to process. I understand that you have implied status, however you have extra protection just in case something happens with that application if you have a valid LMIA and work permit.

rn_ontario0007

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hello folks,

I would like to share my timeline.
In God’s grace, I received my open work permit today valid for a year. Yesterday, I also got a correspondence from them asking for some documents to be submitted within 30days such as ImM 5669.

I received my aor in Feb of 2020.

Let’s keep praying for one another!

Ktojam

Oct 17, 2020
Hello folks,

In God’s grace, I received my open work permit today valid for a year. Yesterday, I also got a correspondence from them asking for some documents to be submitted within 30days such as ImM 5669.

Thats great news! Congrats. Was your job offer still available to you? Or dis u find another one during that time?

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hello folks,

Awesome news! Congratulations!! Thats the same form they asked me for last July. I applied in January 2020 so i guess i have to wait until they complete 2019.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Congrats, happy to hear Atleast u got ur permit after a long wait.
Hello folks,

Reactions: rn_ontario0007