+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Great God

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
yes, Personal support worker = Home support worker = NOC 4412
Hmm. That's where the problem lies. If your job title and the basis for being employed bears home support worker, this might have not occurred. At this point you might need an experienced consultant to push the case further.

Kamichi

Dec 31, 2021
Hello! There were a few forms needed: generic application form, sched a background declaration, additional family info, additional dependents. I will have to check as it has been more than a year. I remember paying $150 for adding the newborn.

I filled out the forms and submitted via webform. Also you need a copy of newborn's birth cert, passport, letter of explanation
In other words, you filled out all the forms from scratch, where there were questions about children or dependents?
Many thanks for answer)

jkb84

Jan 17, 2020
Hi I check it by calling on the automated phone system by entering the file number
Hi , I have almost similar situation. They asked for update form in May 2020 and my I submitted it in one week. My immigration lawyer says it is submitted but whenever I listen to the status using phone, it says we need additional information and an email will be sent to you with details of requirements. It’s been 8 months since I am listening to the same msg whenever I called.

jkb84

Jan 17, 2020
Hello everyone. I am a representative of a friend who has applied under the home childcare provider program. She is outside of Canada (married) and is a January 2020 applicant. She just received the GCMS notes and we were surprised to see that under the Eligibility Criteria/Education it says NOT MET. She has a bachelor’s degree in Preschool education (four years). The education was assessed by WES and they provided the Canadian equivalency (Bachelor’s degree – four years). The WES report has a note that the names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ. This is because she changed her last name when she married. We did provide a marriage certificate to IRCC, but I am wondering if this is something to do with that note. Has anyone had this problem? How did you solve it?

Based on the criteria in the program, she requires “Canadian one-year post-secondary (or higher) educational credential” which she meets.

So far she has received a biometrics request and in September 2021 updated forms which were provided right away. I am not sure if I should call IRCC to ask about what is in the GCMS notes, or just wait and hope for the best.

If anyone can provide any direction it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I had my GCMS notes too and stating the same as you said. My academic documents have another last name and immigration documents have different. Similarly I have submitted my marriage certificate and everything. I am still waiting for my progress. I got only AoR nothing else yet.

elaiza_elaiza2002

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Single and outside Applicant
Application received September 2019 when applicant was still in Saudi Arabia
February 2020 - documents requested for Birth Certificate of the kids and explanation letter as to why I am hiring child care provider
March 2020 - Medicals / Biometrics done
Pandemic due to Covid - no updates not until November 2021 - medical updates- passed
and Request to pay rights of permanent residence fee
December 21, 2021- request for renewed passport copy
December 24, 2021 - renewed passport copy sent by fax as instructed
December 24, 2021 - approval letter received
Hi Gjs40, did you already receive Visa Stamping on your passport?

Thank you

elaiza_elaiza2002

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hello All,

Just giving you an update about my call with IRCC. They said the accessed my file on Dec 1 and but didn't make any changes. My employer's local MP let us know that the criminality check for the work permit is passed but just waiting for the eligibility of work permit. Once that passes, I will have my work permit. I just hope it doesn't take too long. I have been waiting for the eligibility pass since the start of COVID....

Home Child Care Provider Pilot Timeline(Applied Outside Canada from Philippines, Single Applicant):

Application received: Sept 20th 2019
AOR: Oct 29th 2019
NOA Request: Feb 3rd 2020
Biometrics Request: Feb 28th 2020
Medical Request: Feb 28th 2020
Biometrics Completed: March 11th 2020
Multiple Covid Delays: March - Aug 2020
Medical Completed: August 20th 2020
Medical Passed(GCKey) : August 31st 2020
Updated Passport Request: June 2nd 2021
Updated Forms Request(IMM5669 & IMM5406): July 25th 2021
Updated Forms Request(IMM5983e): August 9th 2021
New Offer of Employment(IMM5983e) sent (To match min wage for 2022): November 14th, 2021
IRCC Received Offer(IMM5983e): November 19th, 2021
Hi mv1017, any updates on your application after contacting your MP? Any updates as of today Jan 2022?

Also when i checked your previous posts, your Officer is M.I./L.

I have observed from different post that this officer is the one who is actively reviewing & giving application approval & refusal...

Last edited:

roye

Jan 13, 2021
I truly believe this. I have been on maintained status for 1 year. No healthcare during a pandemic and no end in sight. If we areunable to be inland and not be able to access essential healthcare maybe they should holt charging us taxes.Its so unfair. I don’t think they realize the detrimental impact it’s having on applicants…human Rights apply to us too.
I feel you LBT15, no benefits at all for 16 months, not to mention, not even benefit for my 13 month old canadian baby, gave birth at home without health insurance, all natural birth without any pain meds. How horrifying, this pathway is dooming us to our very ends. They could have just literally killed us than them trying to pretend that everything is okay and it is like very easy for them to say ~Hey, you are caregiver? You are not our priority, wait until you die!~. This is like a legal way of exploiting caregivers for their economic gain. I can't believe this is happening to us in a first world country. I have never been this helpless and depressed in our developing country. How bizarre.

Last edited:

Kamichi

Dec 31, 2021
I feel you LBT15, no benefits at all for 16 months, not to mention, not even benefit for my 13 month old canadian baby, gave birth at home without health insurance, all natural birth without any pain meds. How horrifying, this pathway is dooming us to our very ends. They could have just literally killed us than them trying to pretend that everything is okay and it is like very easy for them to say ~Hey, you are caregiver? You are not our priority, wait until you die!~. This is like a legal way of exploiting caregivers for their economic gain. I can't believe this is happening to us in a first world country. I have never been this helpless and depressed in our developing country. How bizarre.
How so? Don't caregivers have health insurance? Can they get it on their own? And you told that even your canadian baby doesn't have any benefits. Is it because you are not a permanent resident? After reading your post I am shocked...

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
This is just heartbreaking… And I thought I’m all alone feeling left out being on maintained status since July 2020… it is so frustrating… this is actually really a cilotion of Human Rights…

Reactions: roye and LBT15

LBT15

Jan 17, 2022
How so? Don't caregivers have health insurance? Can they get it on their own? And you told that even your canadian baby doesn't have any benefits. Is it because you are not a permanent resident? After reading your post I am shocked...
I for one have blue cross insurance provided by my employers but the reality is it doesn’t cover for a lot and also we still have to pay out of pocket. I don’t make enough money to be paying $100’s of dollars for healthcare so unless it’s an emergency I won’t be.In the midst of a pandemic and I wasn’t even allowed to get the free antigen tests! Unbelievable! It’s just exploitation! Heaven forbid if someone gets a life threatening illness IRCC and the government are going to have hell to pay. I just don’t understand! On LinkedIn they are hiring for IRCC but there’s no movement.

Reactions: roye

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Hello! There were a few forms needed: generic application form, sched a background declaration, additional family info, additional dependents. I will have to check as it has been more than a year. I remember paying $150 for adding the newborn.

I filled out the forms and submitted via webform. Also you need a copy of newborn's birth cert, passport, letter of explanation
Not when you are on implied status. You do not get anything at all. Yes, this is the reality here.

intuitive

Jun 11, 2020
Do you know any consultant
Hi Ron I can feel your situation please hire a reputable rcic don’t waste time to listen non professional advise. If you from ph or India you can look for your country rcic. I think in your application have something wrong or misinterpretation it’s called.