+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Kamichi

Dec 31, 2021
I for one have blue cross insurance provided by my employers but the reality is it doesn’t cover for a lot and also we still have to pay out of pocket. I don’t make enough money to be paying $100’s of dollars for healthcare so unless it’s an emergency I won’t be.In the midst of a pandemic and I wasn’t even allowed to get the free antigen tests! Unbelievable! It’s just exploitation! Heaven forbid if someone gets a life threatening illness IRCC and the government are going to have hell to pay. I just don’t understand! On LinkedIn they are hiring for IRCC but there’s no movement.
I always thought that even if the employer does not provide insurance, you can at least buy it yourself ... but now I don't know what to think. I feel for you and I hope everything will be fine soon

Kamichi

Dec 31, 2021
Not when you are on implied status. You do not get anything at all. Yes, this is the reality here.
What about provincial health insurance like Vancouver's MSP or Ontario's OHIP? I have read that even if you are not permanent resident you can get it with work permit. It is not true?

Kiran Benipal

May 18, 2021
What about provincial health insurance like Vancouver's MSP or Ontario's OHIP? I have read that even if you are not permanent resident you can get it with work permit. It is not true?
MSP is valid till the date of work permit when work permit expires MSP will also expire .And we can’t apply for new one until we don’t have new work permit or other valid status.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
MSP is valid till the date of work permit when work permit expires MSP will also expire .And we can’t apply for new one until we don’t have new work permit or other valid status.
You know what, i have a favoured MSP. When I applied for MSP, they gave me FOUR YEARS expiry! So when my work permit expired, I still have the MSP. I dunno why it happened to me, because with my cousin, she only got 2 years expiry MSP, that’s why she had the hard time when she was in maintained status. My MSP is 2018 to 2022. God’s favour!

Kiran Benipal

May 18, 2021
You know what, i have a favoured MSP. When I applied for MSP, they gave me FOUR YEARS expiry! So when my work permit expired, I still have the MSP. I dunno why it happened to me, because with my cousin, she only got 2 years expiry MSP, that’s why she had the hard time when she was in maintained status. My MSP is 2018 to 2022. God’s favour!
Ohh!!that’s great

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
There’s one single, with 24 months experience, November 2020 inside Canada applicant who got her PR approval today. I think this is what the public policy meant for. She submitted her application even if the HCCP cap was closed. She has 4.5 IELTS result in Speaking, and yet she was approved. I think it makes sense, coz this is under public policy. It means, we still need to complete 24 months of experience to get the PR.

Deep2020

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
There’s one single, with 24 months experience, November 2020 inside Canada applicant who got her PR approval today. I think this is what the public policy meant for. She submitted her application even if the HCCP cap was closed. She has 4.5 IELTS result in Speaking, and yet she was approved. I think it makes sense, coz this is under public policy. It means, we still need to complete 24 months of experience to get the PR.
So under the public policy her IELTS got considered?

cool_boy007

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Quick question . Will they documnets from each employer , like how were they handling caregiver things so far etc .? Or they ask from random files .!??

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Quick question . Will they documnets from each employer , like how were they handling caregiver things so far etc .? Or they ask from random files .!??
They didn’t ask my employer those questions of “how they’re handling the situation without a nanny”, because I’m not their relatives, and I’m currently working for them under the LMIA. I guess, they will just ask that for employer-relatives who NEVER had a nanny before and are waiting for 2 years. I guess, for the ircc, they’re thinking that if you survived for 2 years without a nanny, it means you don’t really need a nanny after all. Just my assumptions, coz ircc is a bit suspicious. Like, I had to send all my important documents (like birth certificate, diploma, etc. because I already filed an exit visa from saudi) via dhl before. So I used my tourist visa to get here, with all of my things except those papers, to avoid being scrutinized. Even spousal sponsorship, you have to send all your love letters just to prove them that your love is real. That’s how suspicious they are.