+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

Bajinggirl

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2014
Interview........
NBI Clearance Requested 17-02-2015
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Hello NoorNoha,

I called up a CIC agent and they said you have to apply online. I told them some folks workaround and do so online so she said yea that's true but paper is the right way. May I know if you applied on paper or online?

I have both the completion of studies letter and original transcript scanned online. I can use that if I did the online application. For the paper application though, I will need to print the completion letter from the computer, I misplaced the original one. Can I use one year old letters or should I get a new one? I also saw no mention of a degree else I would have scanned or photocopied and used it.

I just want to get my post grad work permit extended asap as I need to then apply for a TRV. Your help is much appreciated!
Caution.. I applied online but early this week withdrew my application because a friend of my friend got his pgwp extension application (online) rejected after three months of waiting for a decision, saying he should apply thru 'mail'. While others got lucky and received approval of pgwp extension thru online application, we can not be certain it will apply to everyone. So just be a little cautious. Make sure you have plenty or enough time left of your pgwp validity before you apply for an online extension. Better be on longer implied status than deal with 'out of status' later.

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Caution.. I applied online but early this week withdrew my application because a friend of my friend got his pgwp extension application (online) rejected after three months of waiting for a decision, saying he should apply thru 'mail'. While others got lucky and received approval of pgwp extension thru online application, we can not be certain it will apply to everyone. So just be a little cautious. Make sure you have plenty or enough time left of your pgwp validity before you apply for an online extension. Better be on longer implied status than deal with 'out of status' later.
Hi,

My visa is expiring this coming October, I will submit a paper base application 2 weeks before it expires so I will have longer time to be implied status, at the same time, while on implied status, I will wait for provincial nomination for international student or get an ITA.

sasghar1992

Aug 7, 2018
Hello there,
Yes , I applied Online, I followed the same way as I did when I applied to get PGWP.
I submitted the completion letter which I received in my email with expired data.
Nothing new just the three paystubs .

Please if you still have any question don’t be hesitant ..

Good Luck

Hello Noor,

The most recent post about the rejection is a bit concerning. Can you share your timelines, when did you apply and when did you receive an approval? I just read on the link below that pgwp extensions if passports expires are to be paper applications. It also says 'we'll tell you if you need to extend it to get the full validity.' What does this mean? Did you have some comment on your first pgwp? Mine just says open work permit. I am guessing this was recently added to the website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/about.html

It's so confusing all this! Your help and insight is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Navpreet0817

May 29, 2019
I applied it on paper on May 13th and I was able to link on 24th July, I am still waiting for the approval. I called CIC , I was told to apply it on paper strictly.

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello Noor,

The most recent post about the rejection is a bit concerning. Can you share your timelines, when did you apply and when did you receive an approval? I just read on the link below that pgwp extensions if passports expires are to be paper applications. It also says 'we'll tell you if you need to extend it to get the full validity.' What does this mean? Did you have some comment on your first pgwp? Mine just says open work permit. I am guessing this was recently added to the website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/about.html

It's so confusing all this! Your help and insight is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi
sorry for late reply ,
I applied on Mar 18,2019 to extend my PGWP online I got approved on May 23,2019 .

Please ket me know if you still need help

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
can you please send me your letter of explanation
  1. Hi

-----------------------------------------------------
    To : Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada July 01, 2019
    RE: Application for Post Graduation Work Permit Extension.

Subject : Regarding extension of Post Graduate Student Work Permit

Dear Officer ,

My name is “Your Full Name” and I am currently on Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) “UXXXXXXXXX”, which expires on January 01 2015. I am an Indian national and my passport id is XXXXXXXX.

I completed two years post secondary diploma in “Course Name” from “Institution Name” on January 01, 2015. My study permit id was “FXXXXXXXXX”. At the time when I applied for Post Graduate Work Permit in January 2015 my passport only had one year left to expiry date. I was granted PGWP for 11 months ending on 01 January 2015.

My Indian passport has been reissued for 10 years, new passport number is XXXXXXX and it expires in 01/01/2025.

I request you to consider my application for extension of my Post Graduation Work Permit for the remaining period taking into account duration of my two years post graduation diploma program.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely,

Your Full Name

Street Address,

City Postal Code

Province, Canada

Cell: XXXXXXXXXX

----------------------------------------------------------
    Change the dates,write your name and all the information should you add ..

Please let me know if you still need some help

Good luck

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I need advice, By mistake, I have not submitted a checklist form (Imm5583e) with my paperwork application to extend PGWP on the new passport. I know this is only a checklist form, which shows the number of documents we have attached whereas, I have included a letter to tell them the number of docus I have included in my paper application.

What you think, do I have to send that form again or wait for their response to come?

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I need advice, By mistake, I have not submitted a checklist form (Imm5583e) with my paperwork application to extend PGWP on the new passport. I know this is only a checklist form, which shows the number of documents we have attached whereas, I have included a letter to tell them the number of docus I have included in my paper application.

What you think, do I have to send that form again or wait for their response to come?

Anyone? do they return back my application or consider it and also in the paper-based application do I get an application number on my email?

Navpreet0817

May 29, 2019
Is there anyone who applied for work permit on paper in May and got it approved. I have applied my work permit sue to passport expiry on 13th May and was able link my application , but still no response. The processing time is 115 days, which has already passed. Is there anyone who got it approved?

ndanu

May 2, 2019
Is there anyone who applied for work permit on paper in May and got it approved. I have applied my work permit sue to passport expiry on 13th May and was able link my application , but still no response. The processing time is 115 days, which has already passed. Is there anyone who got it approved?