+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

torres1992

Aug 12, 2019
I have received my work permit approval letter on November 16th, I have applied via paper process but it will take less than 3 months to get an approved letter from them.

Timeframe
Applied(Document received by IRCC): September 3rd
Approval Email Received: November 16th

Hi Piyush5767,

Congrats on your work permit extension application.

Would you mind share what type of work permit extension you applying for? and where you sent your applicaiton to?

1. Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o Work permits/Same employer, Station 202
9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

OR

2.Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
c/o Work permits/New employer, Station 555
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

varma85

Jul 12, 2017
Hello, my sister got her PGWP after finishing a 2 year graduate program and the document is valid for 6 months as her passport was expiring. She is in the process of applying for extension and has the following question:
In her current status in the application form, should she be mentioning student (study permit already expired) or worker (as she has a PGWP that is valid until Feb 2020)?
Thank you!

ShuaiWang

Nov 11, 2018
Hi,

Anybody knows what the status I will be after the old PGWP expired but before getting new PGWP approved?

Thanks very much.

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hi Piyush5767,

Congrats on your work permit extension application.

Would you mind share what type of work permit extension you applying for? and where you sent your applicaiton to?

1. Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

OR

2.Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
c/o Work permits/New employer, Station 555
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3
I have applied to renew PGWP and I have sent the documents to Station 202, confirm it again with CIC agent.

Jas1994

Jan 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

Last week, I got approval for open work permit extension. Below is some information, hope it helps.

I applied via mail as directed by a CIC agent. My application took ~112 days to process. I got an email from CIC after 112 days, nothing before that. I tried to link my application before but it didn't work since I didn't have application number.

It's best to send only those documents that are mentioned in the checklist, do not send additional documents, may confuse the officer.

Below is the list of documents I sent:
1. Letter (formal below)
2. imm5710 with barcode- Application to change conditions, extent my stay or remain in Canada as a worker.
NOTE: for question 3 in this for, open permit applicants need to check - apply for a work permit with the same employer. (you will still get an open work permit, so nothing to worry!)
3. Old Passport - all pages scanned (including all visas)
4. New Passort
5. Fee receipt ($255)

Letter Format:

To,

Case Processing Centre in Edmonton

Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

xxxx xx, 2019

Subject: Extension of Post Graduate Work Permit

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is xxxx xxx xxxx and I am currently on Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) xxxxxxx (work permit number), which expires on xxxxxx xxx, 2019. I am xxxx national and my passport number is xxxxxx.

I completed two years post secondary diploma in xxxxx from xxxxx College in (month and year). My study permit ID was “xxxxxx”. At the time when I applied for Post Graduate Work Permit, in (month and year), my passport only had xxx months left to expiry date. I was granted PGWP for xxxx months ending on xxxxxx, 2019.

My xxxx (your nationality) passport has been reissued for xxxx years, new passport number is xxxx and it expires in xxxxxx (month date and year).

I request you to consider my application for extension of my Post Graduation Work Permit for the remaining period taking into account duration of my two years post graduation diploma program.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

ABC DEF

I sent the documents by FedEx and they deliver within a day or 2.

Send the documents to:

CASE PROCESSING CENTRE IN EDMONTON

IMMIGRATION REFUGEES AND CITIZENSHIP CANADA

C/O WORK PERMITS/SAME EMPLOYER, STATION 202

9700 JASPER AVENUE NW, SUITE 55

EDMONTON, AB T5J 4C3

NOTE: It's Station 202 (make sure this is well noted on your package).

Let me know if you have any questions,
what did you write your status in 5710 form student or worker?
We have to send on 555 or 202

Rajbir_kaur

Oct 12, 2019
I got approval on 15 jan, i got work permit extension but when i saw my status. There is error, they mentioned my wrong travel number. there is little bit mistake like the first number is U but they Put I, the rest number is right, only this mistake i found but i did not get my hard copy yet.

Jas1994

Jan 16, 2020
I got approval on 15 jan, i got work permit extension but when i saw my status. There is error, they mentioned my wrong travel number. there is little bit mistake like the first number is U but they Put I, the rest number is right, only this mistake i found but i did not get my hard copy yet.
what did you write your status in 5710 form student or worker?
We have to send on 555 or 202

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I applied for the extension of my Post Graduation Work Permit, due to my passport renewal. How do I know they received my application? is there a way I can link the application to the CIC online portal? Finally, I payed the biometrics fee, as it says that from December 3, 2019 every process requires biometrics. Was that ok to do?

Regards

hamzapervaiz

Nov 17, 2019
Just received approval for my work permit extension (PGWP). Applied paper based
Documents arrived: 21st Oct
Profile linked: 15th Dec
Approved Email: 24th Jan
Took about 3 months.

Reactions: Shaysharma