+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hey,

I applied online to extend my PGWP, and I got approved without any issues! You are pretty much following the same procedure as when you were applying for your initial PGWP. Choose "Student" and not "Worker", then you will get through the checklist.

Hi I have the same situation and I want to apply it online. But I want to ask you that I have Completion letter and Official trancript but they both are a year old. So can I use them or I have to request to the University to issue new ones? Please reply asap.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi rcpp,

Can you please share the letter of explanation you uploaded on the CIC site?

This would be a great help.

Also, do we need to scan all the stamps from old passport? or just the first and last page of old Passport?

Any update would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please share the Letter of Explanation.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi all,

So I spoke with a CIC agent today, she said that the application must be a paper application submitted by mail to the office in Vegreville, Alberta. although, you guys mentioned that you submitted an online application and it worked. I would like to know if anyone who applied online has the same situation as mine.

So I am currently on working full-time and my PGWP was issued for a year only not 3 years due to the expiry date of my passport and it expires this coming August.

I am very hesitant to submit an online application as my status is not a student anymore. So I am not sure if I still can answer the question in the same manner I did last year when I graduated.

Can someone advice if it is safe to apply online or not ? What would happen if you get rejected because you're not supposed to submit an online application ?

Thanks,

Hi please help me how can I apply PGWP extension online?

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi!
I had the same problem and I have another problem.
I am trying to apply to extend my PGWP. I filled the form imm5710 but it was an error saying "Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form"
Does anyone know what that means?
Do I have to say I am a worker and the lenght of my permit ?

Thank you
Hi

You have to fill it with the current expiry date and fill as a student

Good luck

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi ,

--------------------------------------------------
To : Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada July 01, 2019
RE: Application for Post Graduation Work Permit Extension.

Subject : Regarding extension of Post Graduate Student Work Permit

Dear Officer ,

My name is “Your Full Name” and I am currently on Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) “UXXXXXXXXX”, which expires on January 01 2015. I am an Indian national and my passport id is XXXXXXXX.

I completed two years post secondary diploma in “Course Name” from “Institution Name” on January 01, 2015. My study permit id was “FXXXXXXXXX”. At the time when I applied for Post Graduate Work Permit in January 2015 my passport only had one year left to expiry date. I was granted PGWP for 11 months ending on 01 January 2015.

My Indian passport has been reissued for 10 years, new passport number is XXXXXXX and it expires in 01/01/2025.

I request you to consider my application for extension of my Post Graduation Work Permit for the remaining period taking into account duration of my two years post graduation diploma program.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely,

Your Full Name

Street Address,

City Postal Code

Province, Canada

Cell: XXXXXXXXXX

Good luck

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi I have the same situation and I want to apply it online. But I want to ask you that I have Completion letter and Official trancript but they both are a year old. So can I use them or I have to request to the University to issue new ones? Please reply asap.
Hi,
Yes use them again with old date , don't request a new one , Just fill your application as a student , I mean as you filled before .

Good luck

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi ,

--------------------------------------------------
To : Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada July 01, 2019
RE: Application for Post Graduation Work Permit Extension.

Subject : Regarding extension of Post Graduate Student Work Permit

Dear Officer ,

My name is “Your Full Name” and I am currently on Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) “UXXXXXXXXX”, which expires on January 01 2015. I am an Indian national and my passport id is XXXXXXXX.

I completed two years post secondary diploma in “Course Name” from “Institution Name” on January 01, 2015. My study permit id was “FXXXXXXXXX”. At the time when I applied for Post Graduate Work Permit in January 2015 my passport only had one year left to expiry date. I was granted PGWP for 11 months ending on 01 January 2015.

My Indian passport has been reissued for 10 years, new passport number is XXXXXXX and it expires in 01/01/2025.

I request you to consider my application for extension of my Post Graduation Work Permit for the remaining period taking into account duration of my two years post graduation diploma program.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely,

Your Full Name

Street Address,

City Postal Code

Province, Canada

Cell: XXXXXXXXXX

Good luck

thanks

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hey rccp,
Can you please verify if you selected your current status as student when you we going to check the eligibility. Any updats is apprecaited.
Thanks.

Hi at the end of questionnaire where we have to upload the documents, does not have any option to upload the Explanation letter. Please help.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019

Hi I want to apply my Post graduation work permit extension online but when I check the document list it does not have the option to submit the Explanation letter. So how can I submit that. Please help.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi please help me how can I apply PGWP extension online?

Hi I want to apply my Post graduation work permit extension online but when I check the document list it does not have the option to submit the Explanation letter. So how can I submit that. Please help.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi,
Yes use them again with old date , don't request a new one , Just fill your application as a student , I mean as you filled before .

Good luck

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi,

I was able to link my application today.

application received :Oct 24
Linked: Jan 29
awaiting the final decision.

Hope others receive good news soon as well.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hello guys,

I had a question similar to all of yours for my sister. She graduated last year in Sept 2018; got a post grad work permit till Feb 2020 because that is when the passport is expiring. The program was a 2 year diploma with co-op; assuming this should have got at least 2 years or three years work permit. Anyways, we are getting her passport extended by the end of August this year. She will also be travelling and out of country between Jan 17th and March 8th 2020. This means I need to get her post grad permit extended sooner because if it takes 4 months, I can only apply for TRV after that.

Based on this situation, as soon as we have the new passport, do you think going to the border will work or recommended so early before the current post grad work permit expires? If this is not a good option, should I simply apply online like the original application for the post grad work permit with an explanation letter?

This is rather pressing. Appreciate you guys helping as always!

Cheers!
Hi I want to apply my Post graduation work permit online but when I check the document list it does not have the option to submit the Explanation letter. So how can I submit that. Please help.