+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi all,

Applied PGWP extention online. Doing it the same way as first time and added an explanation regarding my passport expiry. Took 3 months to process the application and received the approval today. Thanks all for the info.

Hi I want to apply my Post graduation work permit extension online but when I check the document list it does not have the option to submit the Explanation letter. So how can I submit that. Please help.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi guys, I ran into the same problem as you, my passport expires in July 2019 together with my PGWP (received PGWP only for 1 year and 6 months due to passport expiration after completing 4 year PhD program in Canada).

I am aware that there is possibility to apply for PGWP renewal through paper-based process (due to passport expiration date) but is this online method for extension that some guys are referring legit or not?

In the online application in that automatic eligibility questionnaire on CIC website the only path for applying for the PGWP is to put current status in Canada as a Student. In IMM5710 I will put worker and write letter of explanation.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Hi I want to apply my Post graduation work permit extension online but when I check the document list it does not have the option to submit the Explanation letter. So how can I submit that. Please help.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi!
I had the same problem and I have another problem.
I am trying to apply to extend my PGWP. I filled the form imm5710 but it was an error saying "Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form"
Does anyone know what that means?
Do I have to say I am a worker and the lenght of my permit ?

Thank you
What I understand from your question the answer is :The starting date of your current work permit and for last date is the date when your 3 years work permit will be ended up.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi guys.
Finally my PGWP extension application got approved.
Received:Sept 17
Application status update: Jan 8

Good luck everyone

carmenVP

Jul 31, 2019
Hi I am worried about my work permit extension. I have less than four months period to apply for work permit extension. Is there any way where I can get my Work permit earlier than 4 months. Can I apply Online ? If yes how, please help me.
I tried to fill it online but I think I did some kind of mistake while filling the questionnaire there was a question that what is your current status in CANADA and I chose "Worker" so i think here I have to choose student? Please help me :(

Yes you can. A CIC agent told me.
You have to choose student in the questionary and I put worker in the form

Bajinggirl

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
File Transfer...
16-12-2014
Med's Request
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2014
Interview........
NBI Clearance Requested 17-02-2015
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
As soon as you start the online application (upon entering a reference number after eligibility check), there will appear your list of documents to upload. Oftentimes, last on the list is for "Client Information". It's where you could upload a file that includes your letter of explanation and all other necessary documents to support your application.

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi guys.
Finally my PGWP extension application got approved.
Received:Sept 17
Application status update: Jan 8

Good luck everyone
Hi myindia,

I would like to ask about your PGWP extension. When you submitted your application, did you include your transcript and diploma? or just the extension application form and explanation letter?

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi myindia,

I would like to ask about your PGWP extension. When you submitted your application, did you include your transcript and diploma? or just the extension application form and explanation letter?
You have to include everything as you did in the first time..

sasghar1992

Aug 7, 2018
My pleasure
Hello NoorNoha,

I called up a CIC agent and they said you have to apply online. I told them some folks workaround and do so online so she said yea that's true but paper is the right way. May I know if you applied on paper or online?

I have both the completion of studies letter and original transcript scanned online. I can use that if I did the online application. For the paper application though, I will need to print the completion letter from the computer, I misplaced the original one. Can I use one year old letters or should I get a new one? I also saw no mention of a degree else I would have scanned or photocopied and used it.

I just want to get my post grad work permit extended asap as I need to then apply for a TRV. Your help is much appreciated!

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello NoorNoha,

I called up a CIC agent and they said you have to apply online. I told them some folks workaround and do so online so she said yea that's true but paper is the right way. May I know if you applied on paper or online?

I have both the completion of studies letter and original transcript scanned online. I can use that if I did the online application. For the paper application though, I will need to print the completion letter from the computer, I misplaced the original one. Can I use one year old letters or should I get a new one? I also saw no mention of a degree else I would have scanned or photocopied and used it.

I just want to get my post grad work permit extended asap as I need to then apply for a TRV. Your help is much appreciated!
Hello there,
Yes , I applied Online, I followed the same way as I did when I applied to get PGWP.
I submitted the completion letter which I received in my email with expired data.
Nothing new just the three paystubs .

Please if you still have any question don’t be hesitant ..

Good Luck

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hello there,
Yes , I applied Online, I followed the same way as I did when I applied to get PGWP.
I submitted the completion letter which I received in my email with expired data.
Nothing new just the three paystubs .

Please if you still have any question don’t be hesitant ..

Good Luck
Hi there,

I will be applying for my PGWP extension, I would like to ask, what do you mean about the "three paystub"? is it paystub from your current job?

Thank you