+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
Hello Hopeful,
Sorry, just seeing this now. Actually, we received visa same day as interview and my wife landed in Canada May 3rd. The process seems to be so different for everyone, especially when it's the Havana VO. Really hoping you and others waiting hear something soon.
Felicidades!!! Ours is tomorrow. Hoping h
we will receive visa tomorrow. This is so nerve wracking, and exciting at the same time. Hoping we unite in 1-2 weeks

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
My visa for Cuba is only valid for one month so I would have to extend it at the Cuban immigration. Hopefully everything goes well at the embassy for your husband. :)
Exciting!!! At least you are in Cuba. why not move your travel date past 26th, and then fly together?!

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
My Husband went. They messaged me from Embassy, over confusion of Police Certificate. He provided them original, with 2 photos. But they wanted Polcie Cintract and receipt of same, which we had no idea what it was. They refused to issue visa, and he was told to submit it using webform, or they are unable to process his case. We did same. Now again waiting to be called back. Heartbroken and in disbelief. This coyld have been forwarded to them upon his 3 hour return to home.

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
Unsure how long it will take now, for them to call him back.
Oh that really sucks! Hopefully they will call him back next Friday or sooner now that they have the contract and receipt. At least it’s an administrative issue that just needed to be rectified prior to visa issuance..

rougem

May 22, 2018
Hi, I'm new to the forum and this whole sponsorship process... and I think have a really stupid question lol. Could some here please help?? I would greatly appreciate it!

I am about to send in the application to sponsor my wife, but, I cannot find any clear answers regarding certified copies and certified translations... I am hearing that the certified translations are enough??? And I am hoping this because of the below....

For my wife, I have with me in Canada: her birth cert., criminal rec. check, ID Card (regular enlarged photocopy), and Passport (regular enlarged photocopy)... Do certified copies need to be made for all of these docs? I do not even have the originals for the ID nor Passport. That means do I have to wait on my wife to legalize/notarize the passport and ID card in Cuba, then get her to send them to me here, then translate them to English????? Everything I have on me now is translated by a lawyer, and the package includes: the affidavit of the translation, translated copy, and a photocopy of the translation (everything bearing a notary stamp, which makes the originals look notarized lol).

I am hoping my translated packages are enough. I would like to send this in tomorrow as her criminal rec., check is short dated (2 months left).

Everyone's advice is very appreciated, and god bless you for any direct accurate answers lol. THANK YOU!

Reactions: Victor Manuel

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
Hi yes all has to be certified translation, accepted by Immigration with affidavit of translating company that is approved by immigration. Your wife needs sworn affidavit of certified true copy of her passport and her id card. Then you have to translate it here, before submitting to Immigration as package

rougem

May 22, 2018
Hi yes all has to be certified translation, accepted by Immigration with affidavit of translating company that is approved by immigration. Your wife needs sworn affidavit of certified true copy of her passport and her id card. Then you have to translate it here, before submitting to Immigration as package
Hi and Thanks!

Why do people keep saying photocopies are enough??? It really threw me off.

But thank you for your reply again

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
Hi and Thanks!

Why do people keep saying photocopies are enough??? It really threw me off.

But thank you for your reply again
Just think from Canada requirements and what is needed here, when requested, for documents. It is no different. You may send uncertified copies, but that will drag out your application and process, trying to do it correctly. May as well do it now before sending it in. And good luck to you and your wife

rougem

May 22, 2018
Just think from Canada requirements and what is needed here, when requested, for documents. It is no different. You may send uncertified copies, but that will drag out your application and process, trying to do it correctly. May as well do it now before sending it in. And good luck to you and your wife
Thanks for the wishes, insight, and sharing your experience. It helps a lot of people like me and my wife.

rougem

May 22, 2018
Hope everything is well! I have another stupid question regarding the passport and carnet true photocopies.

Do they need to have a MINREX stamp on them and be legalized in Havana?

My wife said she can get the sworn affidavit of a certified true copy and send it to me as soon as she has it. But, if they needed to be legalized and get a MINREX stamp on them it could take 30-50 days...... I HIGHLY doubt I need to legalize them. I am sure the sworn affidavit bearing the notary's/lawyers name and contact with two 5dollar sellos is enough.

But can anyone please confirm???? THANK YOU!

Reactions: Victor Manuel

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
My husband got his police check renewal in one week in Havana. In his hometown it was 6-8 weeks to wait. You need to have the contract, the receipt and the police check. Minrex stamp is indeed necessary..