+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Hopeful2211

Jul 27, 2016
Nope not yet... soon will be 3 months. So tired of this waiting. I am in Cuba now with my husband
Otilia, did you get your med results yet? It's 3 months for us and no medical report has been received by IRCC.
My question is for Esar. Have you heard anything after the interview? My husband's interview was on March 13 and a response from Havana Immigration states: Waiting a review by an Immigration officer for a final decision.". My husband has passed the medical but his police check is now expired and they have not requested a new one. I am starting to worry about the outcome. It will be 13 months tomorrow since we applied and the application was transferred to Havana on December 19, 2017.

Hopeful2211

Jul 27, 2016
Mikemac16,

We received letter identical to yours and my husband went for an interview on March 13, 2018. Did not hear back from Havana, so I inquired and the response is awaiting a decision. Have you heard anything after your interview?

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
My question is for Esar. Have you heard anything after the interview? My husband's interview was on March 13 and a response from Havana Immigration states: Waiting a review by an Immigration officer for a final decision.". My husband has passed the medical but his police check is now expired and they have not requested a new one. I am starting to worry about the outcome. It will be 13 months tomorrow since we applied and the application was transferred to Havana on December 19, 2017.
You should probably apply for a new police check before they request it because they will request one before they make their decision. A week after my husband re-did his police check they called him for his visa. In Havana you can get a police check done in a week if you need to.

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
My husband received his visa today. We are so thankful. Has been 11 months for us from start to finish. Hope May is a good month for you guys too. Be patient, don’t stress.. it will happen! Good luck everyone!
Felicidades!!!!!

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
We received an email today, asking to bring his passport and 2 photos, including original police certificate verifed by international authorities, for possible issuance of his visa next week!!!

Hopeful2211

Jul 27, 2016
You should probably apply for a new police check before they request it because they will request one before they make their decision. A week after my husband re-did his police check they called him for his visa. In Havana you can get a police check done in a week if you need to.

Hopeful2211

Jul 27, 2016
Snluvr,

Thank you so much for the tip on the police check, it took 6 weeks last time but we got it from his home town. Did they ask you for a new one or you just went ahead and submitted it?
I am happy for all of you that are already at the final step. I know how difficult and frustrating this process is.

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
Snluvr,

Thank you so much for the tip on the police check, it took 6 weeks last time but we got it from his home town. Did they ask you for a new one or you just went ahead and submitted it?
I am happy for all of you that are already at the final step. I know how difficult and frustrating this process is.
We tried to be proactive and got a police check in Varadero but it took too long. They then asked us for an updated police check so my husband went to Havana and it took 5 days to receive it then he dropped it off at the embassy. A week later the embassy sent an email to come for visa issuance. So better to be proactive and get the police check in before they even ask.

Reactions: Hopeful2211

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
We received an email today, asking to bring his passport and 2 photos, including original police certificate verifed by international authorities, for possible issuance of his visa next week!!!
Yay!! Good news!! When they ask for two photos and passport it’s a good indication he will receive his visa!!

Reactions: Oscarita

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
My hisband police record expired in January, we however, notified embassy about expiry. And he requested new police record in his city. As soon as we received new Poulce record, we submitted it through online, to Havana Embassy, who aknowledged receiving new updated Police record. The only reason, they could be asking for him to bring it in, is because we emailed it. They are wanting original I suppose. And another 2 photos. Photos are on file when he applied, not sure what happened with those. Hoping and keeping fingers crossed, this is the day, they actually issue him visa, so we can book flights, before WestJet goes on strike lol

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
My hisband police record expired in January, we however, notified embassy about expiry. And he requested new police record in his city. As soon as we received new Poulce record, we submitted it through online, to Havana Embassy, who aknowledged receiving new updated Police record. The only reason, they could be asking for him to bring it in, is because we emailed it. They are wanting original I suppose. And another 2 photos. Photos are on file when he applied, not sure what happened with those. Hoping and keeping fingers crossed, this is the day, they actually issue him visa, so we can book flights, before WestJet goes on strike lol
They also asked my husband to bring passport and two visa photos for “possible” visa issuance even though we had submitted photos initially. And he got his visa Friday... so sounds promising for you!! Fingers crossed..

mikemac16

May 19, 2017
Mikemac16,

We received letter identical to yours and my husband went for an interview on March 13, 2018. Did not hear back from Havana, so I inquired and the response is awaiting a decision. Have you heard anything after your interview?
Hello Hopeful,
Sorry, just seeing this now. Actually, we received visa same day as interview and my wife landed in Canada May 3rd. The process seems to be so different for everyone, especially when it's the Havana VO. Really hoping you and others waiting hear something soon.

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
We just received an email today as well for my husband to come for possible visa issuance on the 25th of may. They also asked for him to bring 2 photos and the contract issued by Consultoria Juridica for the services provided concerning the Police Certificate. Not sure what contract they ask for. Is that the receipt from when he did his police record? Also I wonder if we should get the ticket for the next day or wait until the 25th to buy the ticket. I am in Cuba and I can only stay until the 26th so would be good if he can come back to Canada with me and our baby on the 26th.

Hopeful2211

Jul 27, 2016
Hello Hopeful,
Sorry, just seeing this now. Actually, we received visa same day as interview and my wife landed in Canada May 3rd. The process seems to be so different for everyone,especially when it's the Havana VO. Really hoping you and others waiting hear something soon.
Thank you so much for the reply. We are still waiting for a decision, it has been two months since the interview. I know that they are looking into our relationship but not sure exactly what they are looking for. I have been to Cuba 20 times in 2.5 years and we had 500 pages at the interview for a proof of relationship.

Congratulations to you and your wife. Enjoy!

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
We just received an email today as well for my husband to come for possible visa issuance on the 25th of may. They also asked for him to bring 2 photos and the contract issued by Consultoria Juridica for the services provided concerning the Police Certificate. Not sure what contract they ask for. Is that the receipt from when he did his police record? Also I wonder if we should get the ticket for the next day or wait until the 25th to buy the ticket. I am in Cuba and I can only stay until the 26th so would be good if he can come back to Canada with me and our baby on the 26th.
Exciting!!! At least you are in Cuba. why not move your travel date past 26th, and then fly together?!