+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
Yeah ... especially when medical was Jan 5th and then mid-February find out machine wasn’t working and need to redo. So the medical clock timeline restarted... but hey what can you do. Patiently waiting and hoping for visa this month.. would be best bday gift ever. I think things will happen for all of us in the same timeline this month...fingers crossed...good luck to everyone!

May 3, 2018
Hi everyone!

I have been following this thread for quite some time, but this is my first time posting..

My husband and I are preparing to send in our Sponsor Application and I have a question.. ( I apologize if this has already been answered throughout this feed!)

Do I need to provide his ORIGINAL Cuban Passport? or are photocopies ok?

Also, what about his CARNET? photocopy ok?

I am finding conflicting information, but I think Cuba has country specific requirements about ORIGINAL documents.

What have you guys done in terms of this?

Thank you , and good luck to everyone who is going through the process! :)

Jen
Hello Mrs. Garcia,

I was wondering about this too when preparing my sponsorship application... It seemed to me surprising that the government would actually ask for the passport itself.

I emailed my notary and he said that yes, you need to provide originals for Cuba for all documents, but that the passport is not considered a document, and a photocopy is fine.

BUT I also called CIC and the representative said that I needed the original passport! I think though he may just have looked up the requirements on the website just like all of us do, so I tend to believe he is mistaken.

However, I would very much like to have a confirmation regarding the passport for PA (we need to provide the original passport or a photocopy is fine?)

I don't know about the carné (and this makes me realize I have to finish the application very soon as I am going to see my husband in 10 days and want to have everything ready for his signature).

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
Got an email today for a visa issuance date for next week for my husband. The day after my birthday. I couldn’t think of a better birthday present. Good luck to everyone I think May will be a good month for all of us on the same time line...

Reactions: Oscarita and Esar

Ap789

Feb 12, 2016
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2016
LANDED..........
November 21 2016
Hello Mrs. Garcia,

I was wondering about this too when preparing my sponsorship application... It seemed to me surprising that the government would actually ask for the passport itself.

I emailed my notary and he said that yes, you need to provide originals for Cuba for all documents, but that the passport is not considered a document, and a photocopy is fine.

BUT I also called CIC and the representative said that I needed the original passport! I think though he may just have looked up the requirements on the website just like all of us do, so I tend to believe he is mistaken.

However, I would very much like to have a confirmation regarding the passport for PA (we need to provide the original passport or a photocopy is fine?)

I don't know about the carné (and this makes me realize I have to finish the application very soon as I am going to see my husband in 10 days and want to have everything ready for his signature).

You just need a photocopy of the passport for
The application . He will be required to bring his ornginal passport to the interview or visa issuance . Do not send the oringal passport with application

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
Got an email today for a visa issuance date for next week for my husband. The day after my birthday. I couldn’t think of a better birthday present. Good luck to everyone I think May will be a good month for all of us on the same time line...
WoooHooo felicidades!!!

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
I have a question. For the interview do we need to pay something? If so how do we make the payment?
Interview has no fees. Has anyone else heard back from embassy? It has been a week since medical was updated to passed but we did not hear nothing back from embassy yet.

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Interview has no fees. Has anyone else heard back from embassy? It has been a week since medical was updated to passed but we did not hear nothing back from embassy yet.
Thank you. Nope nothing yet. Still waiting. Same like us the medical showed passed for a while but no news from the embassy yet

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
My husband received his visa today. We are so thankful. Has been 11 months for us from start to finish. Hope May is a good month for you guys too. Be patient, don’t stress.. it will happen! Good luck everyone!