11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Hello All,

Been ages since i have stopped by since my hubby got his visa. We're now playing the waiting game again as we wait for a response on a visitor visa for my mother in law. We submitted the request on March 24th 2018, website indicated 11 days for processing, it's now April 20th and no updates. Has anyone here submitted a visitor visa request for a loved in Cuba recently and if so any response from immigration canada?

wishing all of you best of luck with your applications.

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Must be really difficult with the baby and dealing with this stress on top of new baby stress...don't worry..he will be here soon. Has he had his interview?
No not yet... Still waiting. He got a call like a month a go and they told him that they will call him when they receive his medical results. But nothing yet... He also made friends with someone when he did his medical and that person is still waiting for his medical results as well. Did your husband went for the interview? Any news yet?

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
No not yet... Still waiting. He got a call like a month a go and they told him that they will call him when they receive his medical results. But nothing yet... He also made friends with someone when he did his medical and that person is still waiting for his medical results as well. Did your husband went for the interview? Any news yet?
My husband had his medical and interview within 10 days of each other and therefore there were no medical results available at the interview. Only recent correspondence since then was a request for an updated police check. Hoping that's the only thing they are waiting for then he can get his visa...cross fingers...can't wait.

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
any other progress happening in Havana with visas?
Not for us. Still waiting for the medical. Last time I check in the CIC it still says the same. Medical not received and background still in progress. I don't understand why it's taking so long for the medical. From what I saw others they got their results in maximum 2 months. Its been almost 2.5 months now for us and it looks like it will take even longer as some of the people who applied before us still didn't receive theirs medical results yet neither.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
My husband had his medical and interview within 10 days of each other and therefore there were no medical results available at the interview. Only recent correspondence since then was a request for an updated police check. Hoping that's the only thing they are waiting for then he can get his visa...cross fingers...can't wait.
this is a good sign! when my husband had his interview, they asked for police check when finished. once police check was provided he was granted his visa a few weeks later. they will not ask for more documents after an interview (that you have to pay for) if the visa was denied.

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
this is a good sign! when my husband had his interview, they asked for police check when finished. once police check was provided he was granted his visa a few weeks later. they will not ask for more documents after an interview (that you have to pay for) if the visa was denied.
Thank you... I hope so..we are almost at the 11 month mark in the process...would be delighted to get his visa in May around my birthday.. Happy Birthday to me...

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Well I am going to Cuba. Tomorrow is our one year anniversary and is time for my husband to meet his daughter for the first time. We will be waiting there for his interview. :)

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
Not for us. Still waiting for the medical. Last time I check in the CIC it still says the same. Medical not received and background still in progress. I don't understand why it's taking so long for the medical. From what I saw others they got their results in maximum 2 months. Its been almost 2.5 months now for us and it looks like it will take even longer as some of the people who applied before us still didn't receive theirs medical results yet neither.
Hi. My husband had his medical in the first week of February. CIC says the same thing for us. It's 2 months & 3 weeks since medical. he went to embassy on april 16 the same day of the news about the embassy sending the embassy families home. There was a sign up on the bulletin board that from April 23 the embassy was suspending interviews for administrative purposes whatever than means. He went again today for news. The sign is not up there today. We are very upset with the news. It is very distressing to wait for so much time. Don't understand.

0so10

Oct 31, 2017
We finally received visa pickup email 18 days after interview. Good news is that the embassy is still working. Our process from start to the day he will pick up visa was less than 10 months. For all those waiting, the day will come:)

Reactions: Esar

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
We finally received visa pickup email 18 days after interview. Good news is that the embassy is still working. Our process from start to the day he will pick up visa was less than 10 months. For all those waiting, the day will come:)
Congratulations!! I’m hoping for that email very soon...

Reactions: Esar

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Hope everyone is doing well. Hubby is settling in here in canada :)

Don't lose hope! We were at a point of frustration when we got the email same day that the medical results came in.

The embassy is only sending home family of those working there. So not as drastic as the US embassy which has suspended all services for non-US citizens. Canadian embassy should be operating as per usual.

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
Hope everyone is doing well. Hubby is settling in here in canada :)

Don't lose hope! We were at a point of frustration when we got the email same day that the medical results came in.

The embassy is only sending home family of those working there. So not as drastic as the US embassy which has suspended all services for non-US citizens. Canadian embassy should be operating as per usual.
We are very frustrated. My husband did his medical in the first week of february. In the IRCC website it says medical not received. so i called them. they said they don't receive the medical ever. It's 3 months now. Honestly, how long does it take a person to read a bunch of medical test results. takes my doctor a few seconds and then to give an opinion. there's nothing physically or mentally wrong with my husband, he's in perfect health. question is: where is his med report?