+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
Congratulations to you guys Oscarita!! I just booked my husband’s flight too. So exciting. The process is stressful at times but ours took 11 months so within the target timeframe. Stay positive everyone and soon you will be united.
congrats!!! when is arrival date??

May 3, 2018
Um... I am confused, hehehe.

I am sponsoring my spouse, who lives in Cuba. Are you in the same situation or in a different situation? Because the checklist I get is (5533) is 10 pages long (in English).

rougem

May 22, 2018
Um... I am confused, hehehe.

I am sponsoring my spouse, who lives in Cuba. Are you in the same situation or in a different situation? Because the checklist I get is (5533) is 10 pages long (in English).
Hey when did you download that form? I do have a different form. Its actually 8 pages long, almost the same... Wow. Glad you caught that! Nvm what i said about page 4.

May 3, 2018
Hi,
So I saw the notary and since for Cuba we need to provide originals, all marriage, police and birth certificated will already be certified (with stamps/sellos and the signature of an official). And they will be originals anyway, not copies.
As for the photocopy of the carné and the passport, my notary says it doesn't have to be certified. My forms don't ask for a copy of the carné, just all the data on the card (in IMM 008), but my notary says it's better to include a photocopy.

Reactions: Victor Manuel

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
My question is for Esar. Have you heard anything after the interview? My husband's interview was on March 13 and a response from Havana Immigration states: Waiting a review by an Immigration officer for a final decision.". My husband has passed the medical but his police check is now expired and they have not requested a new one. I am starting to worry about the outcome. It will be 13 months tomorrow since we applied and the application was transferred to Havana on December 19, 2017.
Havent heard anythilng yet But you are not alone. There are others in this situation

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
Visa received yesterday, airflight booked!!!! Many many best wishes to all going through process, keep up the supportive spirits! It all comes to an end eventually and you all get to be reunited!
CONGRATS OSCARITA! One question - what airlines can our spouses fly with to Canada?

Reactions: Oscarita

Oscarita

Apr 8, 2018
CONGRATS OSCARITA! One question - what airlines can our spouses fly with to Canada?
Thank you!!
Any airline. However, being it is off season,
Air Canada flies from Varadero, Santa Clara, Havana
WestJet only flies from Varadero
Not sure where your spouse is, or where to Canada is he/she flying.
We booked WestJet

Reactions: Esar

Snluvr

Apr 12, 2018
Just an update; My husband arrived in Canada June 5th after an 11 month process. We booked a Westjet flight from Varadero as they do one way flights (Sunwing doesn’t). Was seamless when we arrived at Toronto airport and went to immigration. He even got his SIN number on arrival which was very convenient. First week has been good..he seems very comfortable and has had a few job offers.. now to study for drivers licence.. good luck everyone!!

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
Just an update; My husband arrived in Canada June 5th after an 11 month process. We booked a Westjet flight from Varadero as they do one way flights (Sunwing doesn’t). Was seamless when we arrived at Toronto airport and went to immigration. He even got his SIN number on arrival which was very convenient. First week has been good..he seems very comfortable and has had a few job offers.. now to study for drivers licence.. good luck everyone!!
Thanks for the update. Congratulations!

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
For anyone who has NOT yet sent in your application .. I just noticed that there a couple of updated forms as of June 2018..

AND the mailing address has changed from Mississauga , to an address in Nova Scotia . New mailing address for both regular mail and courier shipments

Does anyone know why this changed?

Good luck and good vibes to everyone!