+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

ramiGarcia

Jun 21, 2018
New to the Forum.... very informative!!!!
My family application was received on November 20, 2017 on Canada immigration offices.
February 13, 2018 has been forwarded to the visa office in Havana for further processing.
On march 19 was received on habana offices...
I know that is some time to wait for a response after medical examinations, my family has done them on may 4, 2018.
But on may 16 we get an email with a welcome and pleased to inform as that we are eligible for pre-arrival services to Canada...
anybody has and idea how far my family is to get and email for interview...? has any body had experienced same situation? if... how long it took to be contacted by them after this email?
Also I have try to link my family application online but unfortunately I was not able to do so... it keep saying application not found. I see people can check the status even if medical has been approve... is there other way to check the status of application? Best Wishes to every one...

Hafo

Jan 15, 2018
Hi my medical is over 70 days. I know some people gets there's 50 days. This wait is so long. Lol

ozmaynes

Jun 30, 2018
I wanted to know once my cuban husband receive his visa is it possible for him to travel through Cancun Mexico on route to Vancouver? is that possible or does he have to fly directly to a Canadian port?
Just an update; My husband arrived in Canada June 5th after an 11 month process. We booked a Westjet flight from Varadero as they do one way flights (Sunwing doesn’t). Was seamless when we arrived at Toronto airport and went to immigration. He even got his SIN number on arrival which was very convenient. First week has been good..he seems very comfortable and has had a few job offers.. now to study for drivers licence.. good luck everyone!!

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
Has anybody come across a program or app for iphone/mac that can download and print (1000s of text messages)? for proof of communications. printing each individually would take for ever.

Hafo

Jan 15, 2018
Hafo, how's it going? Still waiting? yes it's unbearable waiting so long for our spouses to be with us. We're still waiting for answers.progress.
Hi Escar, still waiting its almost 90 days since we did the medical

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Dear Cuban brothers and sisters,

I applied for a temporary visa on June 28th under an immigration program called Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project (I would gladly explain everything I know about this program to anyone who asks). I had already received a job offer in Canada and an endorsement letter from the Canadian Province New Brunswick so at the Canadian embassy in Havana they gave me a W-1 kind of visa. My wife who applied as my dependent for an open work permit also received this kind of visa.

I would like to ask you for advice!

Even though I have a temporary working visa I had to commit to apply for a permanent residence with 90 days of applying for the temporary working visa. I was thinking on applying for permanent residence once we were in Canada but there are some documents that I still have to legalize (MINREX) and translate (ESTI) and this takes a lot of time!

The requirements if I apply for permanent residence in Canada are slightly different than if I apply from Cuba. So, I'm afraid that if I wait for these documents to be processed in Cuba and I later go to Canada I might not have enough time in Canada to complete what I would have to do there (and I don't have to do from Cuba) to apply for permanent residence. My question is:

Would it be OK to apply for permanent residence from Cuba and then move to Canada under our temporary work Visa and await the permanent residence response there?

ramiGarcia

Jun 21, 2018
I think the report of police is 85 cucs
Hi Esar... I am almost sure that police report is 65CUC... !!! 70 Days after medical and still nothing... this waiting is crazy!!! please let me know if you get any news from them, that way I have and idea when I can
Hi Escar, still waiting its almost 90 days since we did the medical
Hi Hafo... !!! 70 Days after medical and still nothing... this waiting is crazy!!! please let me know if you get any news from them, that way I have and idea when to expect my...!!! BEST wishes!

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Does anyone know if it is necessary to legalize at MINREX the copy of the passport and national ID card for permanent residence application?