+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

May 3, 2018
The police report is 65 CUC, but then you have to buy a 25 CUC stamp to put on it, so that 90 CUC in all... that's what it costs my husband this Spring.

Victor, you don't need to legalize the passport photocopy.... You don't actually even need to include a photocopy of the national ID card (unless that changed with the forms that were updated in June), but it is recommended you include it anyway (I did).

Last edited:

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Victor, you don't need to legalize the passport photocopy.... You don't actually even need to include a photocopy of the national ID card (unless that changed with the forms that were updated in June), but it is recommended you include it anyway (I did).
Thank you very much for this useful information. the kind of program I'm applying to says in Document Checklist (imm5457e) http://www.mediafire.com/file/ahqduf1ix39gg88/Untitled.png/file : National ID (if applicable) so I did it anyway. Following your advice I won't legalize anything with MINREX. Avery photocopy has already been certified by a Cuban notary and I will proceed to translating them at ESTI

Do you think I could apply for permanent residence being in Cuba and then go to Canada on temporary working visa and receive the reply there?

Hafo

Jan 15, 2018
Hi Esar... I am almost sure that police report is 65CUC... !!! 70 Days after medical and still nothing... this waiting is crazy!!! please let me know if you get any news from them, that way I have and idea when I can

Hi Hafo... !!! 70 Days after medical and still nothing... this waiting is crazy!!! please let me know if you get any news from them, that way I have and idea when to expect my...!!! BEST wishes!
We are exactly 90 days today and nothing

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
The police report is 65 CUC, but then you have to buy a 25 CUC stamp to put on it, so that 90 CUC in all... that's what it costs my husband this Spring.

Yeah, it was more than the 65 cucu

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Does anyone know if it is necessary to legalize at MINREX the copy of the passport and national ID card for permanent residence application?
Hi Victor...if your passport is more than 2 years old, you do need to get a prorroga.
"Your Cuban passport has a validity of six (6) years, but a prorroga must be obtained every two years in order to keep it valid until the expiration date."

You will need to do this for the rest of your life - if you want to return to Cuba. And Cuba doesn't make it cheap if you are applying out of the country

Reactions: Victor Manuel

Hafo

Jan 15, 2018
Hafo, did you get it today? We waited 90 days exactly. stay strong. i know it's unbearable/stressful.
Esar, thnx but nothing from them as ye
Hafo, did you get it today? We waited 90 days exactly. stay strong. i know it's unbearable/stressful.
Esar, thnx but nothing from them as yet. Was it 90 days from the

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
Hafo. keep me posted. we're getting absolutly nothing beyond medical checkup. like there's no one even working there. Anybody seeing any progress?

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Hi Victor...if your passport is more than 2 years old, you do need to get a prorroga.
"Your Cuban passport has a validity of six (6) years, but a prorroga must be obtained every two years in order to keep it valid until the expiration date."

You will need to do this for the rest of your life - if you want to return to Cuba. And Cuba doesn't make it cheap if you are applying out of the country
Yes!!! Thank you very much for this info!

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
I would like to know about Identity and Civil Status Documents such as birth and marriage certificates. I have been requested to send certified copies with translation. The problem is that it is forbidden for Cuban notaries to certify copies of birth, marriage and educational (for instance university degrees) documents. Did you send the originals? Did they return the originals to you after your permanent residence was given?

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
I would like to know about Identity and Civil Status Documents such as birth and marriage certificates. I have been requested to send certified copies with translation. The problem is that it is forbidden for Cuban notaries to certify copies of birth, marriage and educational (for instance university degrees) documents. Did you send the originals? Did they return the originals to you after your permanent residence was given?
Sent certified,translated copies.All accepted.