+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
usually it takes 1 month to receive AOR 2 saying your file was received in Havana and right after you receive medical request! When did you submit your app? If you don't receive AOR2 within 2 months I suggest you email HAVANA to follow up
Application received Aug 30
AOR1 Dec 11
SA Dec 24
File transferred Jan 4 2019

Sarahjay

Jan 11, 2019
That's great new you should receive medical pass soon and Pre arrival! Let us know if you do

My husband did his medical Dec 14 and 15 so I still have a bit of waiting!
Hi katz23,

My husband also did his medical Dec 14 and 15 so I was at the hospital when your husband did his too! Luckily I was able to be in Cuba for this experience and it was a mission to say the least. We are in the same boat in terms of timelines!

beac89

Nov 5, 2018
My file got transferred to Havana on January 4 2019. Does anyone know generally how long Havana takes to issue AOR2 and/or Medical Request after file transfer.
Thanks in advance for any info.
So did you get notification that your file was trasferred to Havana before the medical request? My husband did his medical exam at the beginning of December and we still haven't heard the results or if the file has been transferred. As far as I know, it's still in Canada!

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
So did you get notification that your file was trasferred to Havana before the medical request? My husband did his medical exam at the beginning of December and we still haven't heard the results or if the file has been transferred. As far as I know, it's still in Canada!
Yes. I got notification that my file was transferred. I have not received Medical Request yet.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
My file got transferred to Havana on January 4 2019. Does anyone know generally how long Havana takes to issue AOR2 and/or Medical Request after file transfer.
Thanks in advance for any info.
I would say it depends on many factors which we do not know. My file was transferred to Havana on August 3, 2018 and the same day I received the AOR2 also saying they started processing my application. So, on October 23, 2018 was when I received the medical request BUT I know other people who got their file transferred to Havana later than me and got their medical request before me. So, it is just depend on we do not know what but you should be getting your AOR2 this week hopefully. All the best...

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
I would say it depends on many factors which we do not know. My file was transferred to Havana on August 3, 2018 and the same day I received the AOR2 also saying they started processing my application. So, on October 23, 2018 was when I received the medical request BUT I know other people who got their file transferred to Havana later than me and got their medical request before me. So, it is just depend on we do not know what but you should be getting your AOR2 this week hopefully. All the best...
Yup every file is different I got file transfer email on November 26, 2018 and AOR November 29, 2018 and Medical request December 4, 2018 but my file at this point was at almost 6 months so I think depends on how long you been waiting too. But I know this other lady that she got file transfer on August 23, 2018 and she email them October 9, 2018 if file was received and got Medical request and got AOR 2 much later October 18, 2018 So havana is all over the place guys!!!

Reactions: Osmel86

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
Hi katz23,

My husband also did his medical Dec 14 and 15 so I was at the hospital when your husband did his too! Luckily I was able to be in Cuba for this experience and it was a mission to say the least. We are in the same boat in terms of timelines!
Hey Sarah! That's cool that you were in Cuba while your husband did medical. My husband met a few people I'm not sure if he spoke to you guys. He's about 5'9, Curly hair ( I'm not sure if he was wearing hat tho lol) Light colour not as tan, and he has barber tattoos! When did you submit you file June 2018? as well did you hear anything lately extra request or pre arrival?

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
You wouldn't have done medical if they don't have your file unless your applying inland from Canada. If you done medical that means your file is in Havana also AOR2 looks the same as AOR that you first received it says havana's address at the bottom. Check your cic account and see if they started your background check and also you check ecas if file was started in Havana.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
I got medical passed today how long does it take usually for visa pick up ? App recieved March 7th 2018
And when did you do your medical test? I did it on November 9-10, 2018 and still waiting to get it passed..Actually, you should receive pre-arrival letter soon...

lebdor2016

Dec 17, 2018
Visa Office......
Havana
And when did you do your medical test? I did it on November 9-10, 2018 and still waiting to get it passed..Actually, you should receive pre-arrival letter soon...
my husband did it on November 9th and 10th also . It changed to passed medical exam , Yesterday

Reactions: Osmel86

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
my husband did it on November 9th and 10th also . It changed to passed medical exam , Yesterday
Ahhh ok. thanks for your info. I should be getting passed this week hopefully...and did you see it passed at the GCKey account or at the ECAS? I see you also received the pre-arrival letter so visa is coming up!!!! that is so good for you both. I know how hard the long waiting is...And are you a May, 2018 applicant? All the best to you guys..

Last edited:

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
I got my medical passed yesterday updated on my GCKey account and on the ECAS account it says my medical results have been received..Does anyone know what's next? My background check started at the beginning of December and it is still saying Bacground Check is in process...