Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
Yup slow like molasses!
I also sent mine to mississauga. They received it July 25th. They confirmed to me that they would process out of mississauga (thank goodness)... it has been 15 weeks today. When I called this week, the guy told me they are really behind but that no news is good news at this point because it means they are most likely not missing anything. I know of someone who got her AOR and approval of sponsorship end of October. It was 16 weeks for her from time of receipt. Sooooo I am really hoping to get mine by next week!
Hang in there and keep us posted!!! The important thing is the process is started (or at least that's what people keep telling me) I have also probably eaten my weight in Halloween chocolate this week from stress alone
Yup Lalynzy I called more then 5 times and they keep saying they are still reviewing my application apparently that officer just needs to open what I was missing and send my file to Havana. This waiting is driving me insane. ALSO it doesnt help mississauga is main focus right now is inland apps and ours is outland so they put it under last priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
Good Morning!
How long after SA was your file transferred to Havana??? I just received that email yesterday after waiting almost 4 months! My timeline is as follow:

Application Submitted: June 6, 2018 Mississauga Office!
AOR1 July 18, 2018
Sept 26, 2018 missing documents on the application
Received missing documents Oct 10, 2018
Nov 13, 2018 SA approval

Reactions: MrsGarciaRodriguez

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
Good Morning!
How long after SA was your file transferred to Havana??? I just received that email yesterday after waiting almost 4 months! My timeline is as follow:

AOR1 July 18, 2018
Nov 13, 2018 SA approval
FINALLY!.. I think at one point, the answer would have been- they'll send it to Havana anytime soon!

But since the recent changes / backlog with CIC.. who knows!

Hopefully, it is already en route to Havana (or will be shortly).. and then hopefully you'll get the Medical Request

btw - I know I have posted this not long ago lol.. but i AM STILL YET TO RECEIVE AOR1 o_O lol..

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
FINALLY!.. I think at one point, the answer would have been- they'll send it to Havana anytime soon!

But since the recent changes / backlog with CIC.. who knows!

Hopefully, it is already en route to Havana (or will be shortly).. and then hopefully you'll get the Medical Request

btw - I know I have posted this not long ago lol.. but i AM STILL YET TO RECEIVE AOR1 o_O lol..
OMG when did ur app was received? and to where? Hopefully u hear something soon! a lot of people are still waiting for AOR!!

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
OMG when did ur app was received? and to where? Hopefully u hear something soon! a lot of people are still waiting for AOR!!
it was received by CPC-Sydney on July 31st.. i have called, and they basically said to wait, wait and wait some more lol

Just an FYI - there is a Facebook group for Canadian/Cuban marriages, if you are interested in joining.. there is a lot of helpful info!! it's called Married to a Cuban - Canadian Edition.

There is a member on there, her app was received July 16th, and she JUST got her AOR1 a few days ago..

It seems like the Caribbean / South American applicants generally have a longer wait time!

Cancuba

Jul 17, 2018
Cuba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nova scotia
it was received by CPC-Sydney on July 31st.. i have called, and they basically said to wait, wait and wait some more lol

Just an FYI - there is a Facebook group for Canadian/Cuban marriages, if you are interested in joining.. there is a lot of helpful info!! it's called Married to a Cuban - Canadian Edition.

There is a member on there, her app was received July 16th, and she JUST got her AOR1 a few days ago..

It seems like the Caribbean / South American applicants generally have a longer wait time!
Hey everyone, Just thought I would update. We received Notice that there wanted more information on Nov. 7th. Problem is they want a police certificate from Mexico which we have no way of providing. Nov. 8th I received AOR1. Nov. 12th we replied with a note that we can not provide the certificate they want. We will see what happens from here.

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018

Hey! I'm already in the group but Thanks :D
I know CIC is moving way too slow now a days Did you try and see if you could get a temporary file number? you might be able to check on ecas? Apparently after AOR is received is moving quickly :D

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
Hey! I'm already in the group but Thanks :D
I know CIC is moving way too slow now a days Did you try and see if you could get a temporary file number? you might be able to check on ecas? Apparently after AOR is received is moving quickly :D
I was able to speak to a CIC agent on Oct 26th. I was basically told that she could see our names in the system, but that our file had not been started yet - therefore NO temp file number even.. The only good thing she said, is that there were no notes of missing documents, or no note about the app being returned.

She told me to only call back IF I hadnt heard anything by the first week of December

So I am obviously still trying to be patient, but yes its incredibly frustrating!!!

I almost 4 MONTHS waiting to get AOR1

But yes, here is HOPING that it moves a lot quicker after AOR is received.. o_O

Lalalynzy

Aug 14, 2018
I was able to speak to a CIC agent on Oct 26th. I was basically told that she could see our names in the system, but that our file had not been started yet - therefore NO temp file number even.. The only good thing she said, is that there were no notes of missing documents, or no note about the app being returned.

She told me to only call back IF I hadnt heard anything by the first week of December

So I am obviously still trying to be patient, but yes its incredibly frustrating!!!

I almost 4 MONTHS waiting to get AOR1

But yes, here is HOPING that it moves a lot quicker after AOR is received.. o_O
You should see it this week! I finally got mine on Thursday (November 15th) and and my file was received July 25th... hang in there!!! Here's hoping that it will speed up in Havana!!

Cancuba

Jul 17, 2018
Cuba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Good Morning!

AOR1 July 18, 2018
Nov 13, 2018 SA approval
Mine was just transferred to Havana today! Now what?

Manny Alva

Dec 6, 2018
didn't use ESTI - too expensive. Used a company in Toronto for translation & certification. those were accepted, was quick & efficient. done online.
Hi Victor:
May you send me the address of a certified translators Spanish into English, in Ottawa,
Saludos,
MV

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
I checked my cic account this morning and the medical has now changed to pass... also ecas has that ever important 3rd line!!!
Havana had said last week that is all they are waiting on so I am hopeful that it wont be to much longer before that call comes!!
Hello do you know how long it took to get the pass notification on your ecas account? I made my medical 2 motnhs ago and no updates since then...

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Does anyone know hoe long it takes to get notification that the medical is passed? I have been waiting for 2 months and no updates on my ecas account...Thanks and good luck to everyone...this long waiting without news is so terrible...

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
Does anyone know hoe long it takes to get notification that the medical is passed? I have been waiting for 2 months and no updates on my ecas account...Thanks and good luck to everyone...this long waiting without news is so terrible...
Hey Osmel,

Usually it takes 2 months. People in the facebook group saw it passed on their cic account it updates there first then ECAS so check there first! If you don't have a cic account the wait till next week to check ecas.

Reactions: Osmel86