+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Hello, I'm sponsoring my Husband of 5 yrs from Cuba. We sent our application in July. Still waiting of course. But I have a question about the police cert. Did anyone not get it minrex? He got his police certificate - it took 6 weeks but he only paid 55cuc and the lady at the office said Canada doesn't need the extra stamps but now reading through the comments I'm getting concerned. Anyone with experience with this? Maybe we should start another one with the stamps just in case??
You don't need to start a new one, you can just pay the extra 15 cuc with the one you have already obtained to legalize it at MINREX. Mine was legalized just in case. I don't know if it would be accepted without legalization

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Did you write directly on the back of that page or you added an additional page with extra information? Is there any template to do this or can I just write a word document and print it? Thank you very much for your help
on an additional form... for us we basically followed the format on the form, made a table, added the headers and then entered the info in as we would have on the form itself, then we placed it directly behind that page and added a BRIGHT sticky note to bring it to their attention

Reactions: Victor Manuel
May 3, 2018
How did you manage to write all that in there? I only have room to write Revolution Guard Committee/Workers Central Union /University Federation, using 3 of the 5 available spaces, did you use more than one space per organization? I see you ordered the organizations by the date in which you entered them, I'll do the same. Didn't you add FEU, FEEM, OPJM?
Ok, so this is really weird, there seems to be different forms on the government site.... I followed your link and the form is different than the one I filled out. Do you get a Validate button on that one? Because I don't get one using the link you specified, and indeed there is not much space to write things there.

I took all my forms from here.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

Tell me if this helps.

On a side note, my husband failed to mention two of the organizations you referred to. I hope that won't be too much of a problem. I am working on the Quebec papers now. Fun fun fun =P

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Ok, so this is really weird, there seems to be different forms on the government site.... I followed your link and the form is different than the one I filled out. Do you get a Validate button on that one? Because I don't get one using the link you specified, and indeed there is not much space to write things there.

I took all my forms from here.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

Tell me if this helps.

On a side note, my husband failed to mention two of the organizations you referred to. I hope that won't be too much of a problem. I am working on the Quebec papers now. Fun fun fun =P
I see! Thank you very much!!! We are filling different forms mine is imm5669e while yours is imm5289. So good to know that it is not necessary to include all these insignificant mandatory organizations!

May 3, 2018
I see! Thank you very much!!! We are filling different forms mine is imm5669e while yours is imm5289. So good to know that it is not necessary to include all these insignificant mandatory organizations!
Hi,
We can't paste screenshots here, so it's harder to explain. On the link I provided before ie. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms
You have to click on Step 3. Fill out the forms., and then you will see a list of forms. This is where I got my imm5669 (imm5289 is not a form, just a guide).

You also didn't tell me if you get a Validate button on the 5669 you are using?

I think it is important to include all political and student organizations. Better safe than sorry, I say!

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
My wife received email notifying that interview is scheduled for April 18. they requested additional documents to prove that relationship is genuine and still ongoing.

"You are required to bring the following documents to the interview:

At the interview, you should submit recent evidence to prove that your spousal relationship with your sponsor is genuine and still ongoing. Such evidence may include:

i. Correspondence between you and your sponsor such as: letters with their original post-marked envelopes, printouts of e-mail messages, chat records, faxes, etc. We kindly ask to please submit the following documents: ETECSA phone calls and text messages summary, (Please, note that the completed call record from ETECSA, must be submitted and not only the international phone calls); recent text messages and emails (IMO and NAUTA) (whatever has not been submitted yet).

ii. Telephone bills indicating calls between you and your sponsor (whichever has not been submitted yet). DO NOT submit phone cards, unless accompanied by an itemized statement from the phone-card company.

iii. Photographs of you and your sponsor together, (whichever has not been submitted yet). The photographs must be printed. DO NOT bring photographs in electronic devices such as CD's or USB memories.

iv. Sponsor`s entries and exits records – please note that this document could be requested at immigration offices in Cuba.

v. Evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor (whatever has not been submitted yet).

Any other evidence that you would like the immigration officer to consider and that might be useful to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship with your sponsor."
Hi, can you share detail experience of your wife's interview.I have interview next month and they requested same documents.

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Hi,
We can't paste screenshots here, so it's harder to explain. On the link I provided before ie. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms
You have to click on Step 3. Fill out the forms., and then you will see a list of forms. This is where I got my imm5669 (imm5289 is not a form, just a guide).

You also didn't tell me if you get a Validate button on the 5669 you are using?

I think it is important to include all political and student organizations. Better safe than sorry, I say!
I have just downloaded the document in the link you sent me. Even though it has the same name 5669 it is not like the one I have to fill and no it doesn't have a validate button. You can find the form I have to fill here, is the 3rd document in the list : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-atlantic-high-skilled-program.html.

May 3, 2018
Um... are you applying under the Atlantic High Skilled Program?

Because the form you are referring to dates from December of 2012, whereas the one I am referring to dates from February of 2018.

I am not sure I understand your past message well, but "your form" doesn't have a validate button, and "mine" does... on my end anyway.

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Um... are you applying under the Atlantic High Skilled Program?

Because the form you are referring to dates from December of 2012, whereas the one I am referring to dates from February of 2018.

I am not sure I understand your past message well, but "your form" doesn't have a validate button, and "mine" does... on my end anyway.
I'm applying under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot project and there under the High Skilled option and I'm using the documents they put in there (the old versions). I wish I could use the version you used but I don't want to do it because it is not included in the version of the forms I must fill.

Victor Manuel

May 8, 2018
Does anybody know if it would be useful to obtain a Cuban Driver's License before moving to Canada? Will it be recognized? Could I drive with that for a few months? I'm moving to New Brunswick. Thanks for your help!!!

May 3, 2018
For anyone who's been through the process, could you let me know when you received the medical request? I see many people get it early, even before AOR2, but I would like to know how it is for the Havana office.

I got my AOR2 two weeks ago.
I'm also sponsoring from Quebec, and I'm not sure if the additional steps we have to take may slow things down.

Cancuba

Jul 17, 2018
Cuba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nova scotia
You don't need to start a new one, you can just pay the extra 15 cuc with the one you have already obtained to legalize it at MINREX. Mine was legalized just in case. I don't know if it would be accepted without legalization
we cant do it with the one we have as it's already in immigration and they expire within 6months

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
For anyone who's been through the process, could you let me know when you received the medical request? I see many people get it early, even before AOR2, but I would like to know how it is for the Havana office.

I got my AOR2 two weeks ago.
I'm also sponsoring from Quebec, and I'm not sure if the additional steps we have to take may slow things down.
It usually takes after a month to get medical request as per other peoples timelines. are you on facebook? theres is a facegroup for ppl married to cubans lots of info!!!! you and I have the same timelines file received June 6, 2018

May 3, 2018
It usually takes after a month to get medical request as per other peoples timelines. are you on facebook? theres is a facegroup for ppl married to cubans lots of info!!!! you and I have the same timelines file received June 6, 2018
Hi!
You are saying it takes a month to get the medical request... a month after what, after AOR1?
Are you from Quebec as well?
What's the name of the Facebook group?

Thanks!

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
Hi!
You are saying it takes a month to get the medical request... a month after what, after AOR1?
Are you from Quebec as well?
What's the name of the Facebook group?

Thanks!
Yup 1 month from AOR 2 but every case is different. The facebook group name is Married to a Cuban-Canadian Edition Whats your facebook name ill add u?