Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
Does anyone know hoe long it takes to get notification that the medical is passed? I have been waiting for 2 months and no updates on my ecas account...Thanks and good luck to everyone...this long waiting without news is so terrible...
Also what's your timeline???
People from February are getting called mid January for visa pick up!
Did you receive pre arrival yet?

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Hey Osmel,

Usually it takes 2 months. People in the facebook group saw it passed on their cic account it updates there first then ECAS so check there first! If you don't have a cic account the wait till next week to check ecas.
Thank you so much for your answer..I checked my ecas and also my cic account and it does not even say they received my medicals...Anyway, just waiting is all we have haha...Hopefully I will get an update this week...

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Also what's your timeline???
People from February are getting called mid January for visa pick up!
Did you receive pre arrival yet?
My timeline is about 9 months this January from May, 2018. I passed my medical test on last November 9-10...

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
And no pre arrival yet...
Oh okay then you should Medical Passed tomorrow January 10 or 11. I know what you mean i'm at 7 months and so impatient especially because they are taking the full 12 months to give visas :( Did u get any request from them lately I heard if they ask for more proof of relationship usually means they won't give u an interview?

Reactions: Osmel86

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Oh okay then you should Medical Passed tomorrow January 10 or 11. I know what you mean i'm at 7 months and so impatient especially because they are taking the full 12 months to give visas :( Did u get any request from them lately I heard if they ask for more proof of relationship usually means they won't give u an interview?
Oh ok, I am praying for that passed notification this week because I do not even get the notification they received my medical results..And they asked me for more proof of our relationship on Nov. 20...and yes, people say when they ask for more proof..it is a high percent interview will be waved...And did you already pass the medical test?

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
Oh ok, I am praying for that passed notification this week because I do not even get the notification they received my medical results..And they asked me for more proof of our relationship on Nov. 20...and yes, people say when they ask for that it is highly percent interview will be waved...And did you already pass the medical test?
That's great new you should receive medical pass soon and Pre arrival! Let us know if you do

My husband did his medical Dec 14 and 15 so I still have a bit of waiting!

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
That's great new you should receive medical pass soon and Pre arrival! Let us know if you do

My husband did his medical Dec 14 and 15 so I still have a bit of waiting!
Yes for sure, I will et you know..I know how hard it is to be waiting without news...Actually the date the medical test is passed doe not make a big diferrence to get the passed notification I think so I encourage you. I know a guy who only took 2 months and 9 days to get the medical passed notification on their cic account...

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
I sponsored my spouse from Cuba. The whole process took 11 months. He is living here now & all good. Question: he has a child in Cuba with an ex-girlfriend. The child was listed on his application & had medical. the mother of child won't give him full custody so he can sponsor dependent to canada and mothers have all the legal rights in Cuba. But she will let the child visit. We'd like to have his kid visit for a couple of months. Anybody know the process? is it just a letter of invitation? The child has a passport. searched on the website, but no clear answer.

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
I sponsored my spouse from Cuba. The whole process took 11 months. He is living here now & all good. Question: he has a child in Cuba with an ex-girlfriend. The child was listed on his application & had medical. the mother of child won't give him full custody so he can sponsor dependent to canada and mothers have all the legal rights in Cuba. But she will let the child visit. We'd like to have his kid visit for a couple of months. Anybody know the process? is it just a letter of invitation? The child has a passport. searched on the website, but no clear answer.
You will just apply online under TRV I believe you have high chance of approval for the child to come as the mother doesn't want the child to permanetly live in Canada. Just make sure to provide proof a letter from the mother saying she will only allow visits and how long. Proof of income yours and your spouses. and days detailed she will be staying. Are you in the facebook group? There's lots of info there of people getting approved for TRVS and even for their in-laws as well. Good LUCK :)

The group is called Married to a Cuban- Canadian Edition

Reactions: Esar

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
My file got transferred to Havana on January 4 2019. Does anyone know generally how long Havana takes to issue AOR2 and/or Medical Request after file transfer.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
You will just apply online under TRV I believe you have high chance of approval for the child to come as the mother doesn't want the child to permanetly live in Canada. Just make sure to provide proof a letter from the mother saying she will only allow visits and how long. Proof of income yours and your spouses. and days detailed she will be staying. Are you in the facebook group? There's lots of info there of people getting approved for TRVS and even for their in-laws as well. Good LUCK :)

Thanks for the quick answer.

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll check out the group.

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
My file got transferred to Havana on January 4 2019. Does anyone know generally how long Havana takes to issue AOR2 and/or Medical Request after file transfer.
Thanks in advance for any info.
usually it takes 1 month to receive AOR 2 saying your file was received in Havana and right after you receive medical request! When did you submit your app? If you don't receive AOR2 within 2 months I suggest you email HAVANA to follow up