+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

lebdor2016

Dec 17, 2018
Visa Office......
Havana
Ahhh ok. thanks for your info. I should be getting passed this week hopefully...and did you see it passed at the GCKey account or at the ECAS? I see you also received the pre-arrival letter so visa is coming up!!!! that is so good for you both. I know how hard the long waiting is...And are you a May, 2018 applicant? All the best to you guys..
My app is from March 7th 2018 . I got the visa pick up email yesterday!! I am sure yours will be soon as well

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
My app is from March 7th 2018 . I got the visa pick up email yesterday!! I am sure yours will be soon as well
Oh wow!!! Congrats!!! Yes, I am praying to get it next week hopefully..My app is from May, 2018 but visa pick-up should be coming soon...All the best for you both and thanks for answering...

beac89

Nov 5, 2018
Hi everyone. Just got an email from IRCC stating that my application has been transferred to the visa office in Mexico?! Anyone have any information about this or a similar experience? I'm not sure what to think of this...if it's an error or if it's because Havana is too busy? Do you suggest I try to contact IRCC to inquire?
Thanks

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Hi everyone. Just got an email from IRCC stating that my application has been transferred to the visa office in Mexico?! Anyone have any information about this or a similar experience? I'm not sure what to think of this...if it's an error or if it's because Havana is too busy? Do you suggest I try to contact IRCC to inquire?
Thanks
I am a May Applicant and can tell you that Havana VO is pretty busy so maybe that's why they transferred your files to Mexico...Hopefully, some members here with more experience on this case can share what they think or know about it and your doubts can also be doubts of others for the future so thanks for sharing..Good Luck..

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Just hearing today that the staff at the Havana embassy has been reduced from 16 to 8, as another person has suffered the effects of the acoustic attack. I can't imagine what it must be like going to work there - probably absolute terror. I wouldn't be surprised if all applications get diverted at this point to either Peru or Mexico.

Reactions: Osmel86

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Just hearing today that the staff at the Havana embassy has been reduced from 16 to 8, as another person has suffered the effects of the acoustic attack. I can't imagine what it must be like going to work there - probably absolute terror. I wouldn't be surprised if all applications get diverted at this point to either Peru or Mexico.
My God! it shoud be so hard for them to work with less staff and so many applications...

Sarahjay

Jan 11, 2019
Hey Sarah! That's cool that you were in Cuba while your husband did medical. My husband met a few people I'm not sure if he spoke to you guys. He's about 5'9, Curly hair ( I'm not sure if he was wearing hat tho lol) Light colour not as tan, and he has barber tattoos! When did you submit you file June 2018? as well did you hear anything lately extra request or pre arrival?
Hey Katz, yes I think I remember him! I also submitted June 2018...haven’t heard anything back since the medical. Have you heard anything?

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Has anyone been hearing anything out of Havana recently? I received the SA weeks ago, and since then, nothing. I would assume that our application would be en route to Havana (or Mexico - if Havana couldn't handle the volume). Did others wait more than a month to hear something after the SA? Thanks!

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
Has anyone been hearing anything out of Havana recently? I received the SA weeks ago, and since then, nothing. I would assume that our application would be en route to Havana (or Mexico - if Havana couldn't handle the volume). Did others wait more than a month to hear something after the SA? Thanks!
my wait was 2 months before hearing anything, after getting the SA e-mail

SA e-mail - Nov 27
File transfer to Havana - Dec 4
AOR2 - Jan 23

(initially submitted application July 31 2018)

Reactions: laleona

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
my wait was 2 months before hearing anything, after getting the SA e-mail

SA e-mail - Nov 27
File transfer to Havana - Dec 4
AOR2 - Jan 23

(initially submitted application July 31 2018)
Sounds like I am going to have to settle in for a wait. The frustrating thing for me is that there is absolutely nothing updated in ECAS or GCKey - even though we received the SA via email. So I don't even know if the file has been transferred yet.
Good to know about your timeline - thanks!

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
Sounds like I am going to have to settle in for a wait. The frustrating thing for me is that there is absolutely nothing updated in ECAS or GCKey - even though we received the SA via email. So I don't even know if the file has been transferred yet.
Good to know about your timeline - thanks!
you will generally get an e-mail stating that your file is being transferred

In my case, it took almost exactly 2 MONTHS to physically arrive in Havana

Are you apart of the Facebook group? lots of support and helpful info there (Married to a Cuban - Canadian Edition)

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018

Are you apart of the Facebook group? lots of support and helpful info there (Married to a Cuban - Canadian Edition)

Also - when did you first apply?

For me, it took 4 months to hear ANYTHING after submitting our app, but has moved pretty ok since

Other people got AOR very quickly, but it slowed down after that

there is no explanation lol

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018

When I called yesterday it was still in Mississauga. Yes - I am in that group!

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Also - when did you first apply?

For me, it took 4 months to hear ANYTHING after submitting our app, but has moved pretty ok since

Other people got AOR very quickly, but it slowed down after that

there is no explanation lol
We applied on October 12th. The frustrating thing is that our GC Key says absolutely nothing - only that the file is received and it is in progress. The SA came via email but not a sign of that in ecas or the GC Key. But yes, I imagine it will be quite a long time yet!

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
We applied on October 12th. The frustrating thing is that our GC Key says absolutely nothing - only that the file is received and it is in progress. The SA came via email but not a sign of that in ecas or the GC Key. But yes, I imagine it will be quite a long time yet!
so I assume you have been able to link your GCKEY?

honestly, dont seem too worried about that lol - my ECAS only had 1 line updated, a few days after getting the SA email

My husband's ECAS never updated until January, after Havana had received the file (and keep in mind, we applied in July lol)

And again, his GCKEY only ever updated AFTER the file arrived to Havana..

The fact that you've gotten the SA email is a great sign! but yes, the waiting is unbearable.. I am about 7 months into the process right now.. and its torture o_O