12July - Documents Delivered
21 July - 28 July - No Status
29 July - Application Received
Aug 3rd - Admin Processing
Aug 4th - Issued and shipment notification
Aug 5th - Pick up email

McLaren22

Aug 16, 2022
Is it critical to have same consulate on DS160 and the location one chooses for Dropbox? I have my DS160 filled for Toronto but seeing the processing times, I am thinking to send it to Vancouver

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Aug 16 - Dropped off the passport and other documents at Canada Post as per instructions.
Aug 17 - Canada Post status - delivered.
Aug 23 - CEAC case status changed to "Application Received"

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Hi all, i'm also doing the same thing. Currently living in the US and going to VC to get it stamped. I have entered my US address as both permanent and "place im going to stay in US".

1. Should i redo my DS160 with my indian address or my canadian address as the permanent address Or can i leave it as the US address ?
2. i'm a new resident, so can i use my CoPR as proof of legal status in canada ?

None of the on-call agents are able to confirm this, they keep asking if i have a PR card or not.

Thanks!

Last edited:

canadaprnb21

Oct 22, 2018
@kris72 @ripster85 Thanks guys. I am currently in the US and plan to enter Canada in a couple of weeks and then submit DS-160 to complete drop box procedure. Do you think I better stick to this plan or is there any benefit of me completing everything (submit DS-160, ensure drop box eligibility, print out everything) from the US and the only thing remaining would be to stop by Canada Post after crossing the border?
Hi,
How was your experience? I am planning to do the same thing?

avican

Sep 15, 2022
H1B+H4 Dropbox Vancouver
Sep 01 - Dropped off passports and other documents at Canada Post as per instructions.
Sep 02 - Canada Post status - delivered.
as of today(Sep 15th), the CEAC case status is "No Status", any guesses on how long I will have to wait?

avican

Sep 15, 2022
H1B+H4 Dropbox Vancouver
Sep 01 - Dropped off passports and other documents at Canada Post as per instructions.
Sep 02 - Canada Post status - delivered.
as of today(Sep 15th), the CEAC case status is "No Status", any guesses on how long I will have to wait?
UPDATE: picked up my passport today
20-Sep-2022 CEAC case status Application Received
21-Sep-2022 CEAC case status Approved
22-Sep-2022 CEAC case status Issued
It was ready for pick up at Canada Post today 23-Sep-2022

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

newbie3205

Sep 25, 2022
Hello - Can someone please help with purpose of travel template for CAD visitor visa application for TCN for US visa stamping

chels

Sep 25, 2022
Hi , can you detail the steps that are required for dropbox.
Hi - I'd like to know eligibility for dropbox as well. I've booked appt in Ottawa but not sure if this is a visa interview or drop box. I'm eligible for dropbox in India but Canadian website doesn't seem to explicitly state that