+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox at Vancouver - Timeline & Experience

prasad2s

Jul 6, 2022
@devregati
I live in the US and have a Canadian PR. We are planning to go to Canada(Vancouver location) to get the US visa stamped on our Indian passports.
Do we qualify for Dropbox or do we need an in person appointment?

prasad2s

Jul 6, 2022
@devregati thank you, I did that and for the question “Are you traveling from the US?”. If I answer yes, then I qualify for Dropbox and if I answer no, then I don’t qualify for Dropbox.
Since my residence is US and I’m traveling to Canada from the US, I’m confused how to answer that question.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
@devregati thank you, I did that and for the question “Are you traveling from the US?”. If I answer yes, then I qualify for Dropbox and if I answer no, then I don’t qualify for Dropbox.
Since my residence is US and I’m traveling to Canada from the US, I’m confused how to answer that question.
You can enter Canada and then answer the question.

Panther2014

Apr 12, 2022
Hi Prasad, I think the question is more along the lines of "Are you travelling from another country" so technically you should answer yes since even though you are a Canadian PR, your place of residence is US and you are indeed travelling from another country to Canada.

Though I have seen people answer No and get their visa stamped successfully via drop box, if they ask for more proof then be ready to provide it. If you go to the settings on the DS-160 page, there is clearly a message which states

"YES, I confirm that I meet all the above statements based on my citizenship or nationality and visa type. I understand that if I misrepresent my qualifications, my visa application will not be processed and I will have to schedule a new visa appointment, which could significantly delay my visa application."

Good luck in whatever decision you make.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hi Prasad, I think the question is more along the lines of "Are you travelling from another country" so technically you should answer yes since even though you are a Canadian PR, your place of residence is US and you are indeed travelling from another country to Canada.

Though I have seen people answer No and get their visa stamped successfully via drop box, if they ask for more proof then be ready to provide it. If you go to the settings on the DS-160 page, there is clearly a message which states

"YES, I confirm that I meet all the above statements based on my citizenship or nationality and visa type. I understand that if I misrepresent my qualifications, my visa application will not be processed and I will have to schedule a new visa appointment, which could significantly delay my visa application."

Good luck in whatever decision you make.
AFAIK the Yes answer is only if you plan to complete submission of DS160 and https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv while still in the US and then cross the border. While talking to customer service on phone the agent suggested you could answer No once you enter Canada to ensure that you do not input incorrect information.

Panther2014

Apr 12, 2022
AFAIK the Yes answer is only if you plan to complete submission of DS160 and https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv while still in the US and then cross the border. While talking to customer service on phone the agent suggested you could answer No once you enter Canada to ensure that you do not input incorrect information.
ok, however isn't the reason you are travelling to Canada is for drop box stamping ? If so, then answer should be Yes. Regarding customer service, I would take them with a pinch of salt since they are not CO. Having said that, your case is an example that by selecting No you can also get drop box done successfully so it is possible but I would still interpret the question and answer Yes.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
ok, however isn't the reason you are travelling to Canada is for drop box stamping ? If so, then answer should be Yes. Regarding customer service, I would take them with a pinch of salt since they are not CO. Having said that, your case is an example that by selecting No you can also get drop box done successfully so it is possible but I would still interpret the question and answer Yes.
The reason could be for drop box stamping along with several other reasons. What if I want to look for property to rent/buy as I intend to relocate to Canada within the next month or two? Or that I am in Canada for some other purpose and while still in Canada I also intend to get my visa renewal. If you were to answer Yes, you will not be eligible for dropbox. I agree and understand that customer service is not CO. I have noticed few other folks that complete all the process while still in the US, cross the border to just hit the first Canada Post and drop off their passport(s). Some are even thinking to mail their passports to their contact in Canada!! That would be an issue to me to be honest as you answered 'No' while still in the US which means you are not yet in Canada. Anyway I completely agree with you that at the end of the day it is upto the person to use better judgement

krohit01

Nov 12, 2019
I see many here talking about dropping documents at various locations, etc, etc. but are you guys able to find appointments...I tried looking for appointments a month back and did not see anything before June 2023!!
For background, I do have a valid PR but currently in US. want to travel to Canada for H1 stamping prior to India travel.

riteshsjoshi017

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
H1B Dropbox Vancouver
20 July - Courier with Documents Dropped of at Canada Post
21 July - Documents Delivered
21 July - 28 July - No Status
29 July - Application Received

No updates after that, how long does it take???

Reactions: mgodara