+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox at Vancouver - Timeline & Experience

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Takes about a 7-10 days for it to update. Hang tight...
It's very random now. Seen cases where it gets updated in 2 weeks as Application Received but no updates after that. Others where it remains in No status for a month and moves along in a week through all statuses.

mihirshelar

Jan 15, 2019
Hello All,

I am currently a Canadian PR holder planning a visit to avail dropbox for me and my wife at Vancouver, if i understand correctly, i need to do the following steps:

1. Complete DS 160 form
2. Do i need to book appointment at consulate for the dropbox?
3. When and where do i ship my documents for stamping?

santaguy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hello All,

I am currently a Canadian PR holder planning a visit to avail dropbox for me and my wife at Vancouver, if i understand correctly, i need to do the following steps:

1. Complete DS 160 form
2. Do i need to book appointment at consulate for the dropbox?
3. When and where do i ship my documents for stamping?
No, you don't need to book an appointment for a dropbox if you are eligible. Once you are eligible for a dropbox appointment, it will show u detailed instructions with courier info and a return reference id for Canada post.

riteshsjoshi017

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hi,

I am in Canada on WP. I had previous H1b for 6 years and then got picked up in the lottery. I want to check if I can qualify for IWP.

mihirshelar

Jan 15, 2019
No, you don't need to book an appointment for a dropbox if you are eligible. Once you are eligible for a dropbox appointment, it will show u detailed instructions with courier info and a return reference id for Canada post.

Me and my wife have a canadian PR and plan to complete the DS160 while we are residing in Vancouver, i believe that makes us eligible for dropbox? Do i get the dropbox steps post completion of DS160? Do i need to fill out any other subsequent forms?

riteshsjoshi017

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
It will be helpful if someone can share experience like how to mail the documents and how to collect. Do we need to go to the below center to drop and collect the documents.
VAN BENTALL CENTRE PO – 595 BURRARD ST, VANCOUVER, BC V7X 1A0, CA

mihirshelar

Jan 15, 2019
So i have filled out my DS160 form, what should be the next step?How can i confirm drop box eligibility ? Any other steps before mailing the documents to the vancouver embassy?