+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox at Vancouver - Timeline & Experience

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
It shouldn't really matter much but yeah filling everything and getting confirmation right before travel sounds like a good plan.
Yes that is what I am thinking. Since I live in the US want to make sure before crossing the border if I can get the visa stamped via drop box or just avail the AVR.

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Yes that is what I am thinking. Since I live in the US want to make sure before crossing the border if I can get the visa stamped via drop box or just avail the AVR.
Make sure you have Canadian Address on your PR, also remember they ask you if you are travelling from another country to Canada to get stamping done. You might not be eligible for Drop box, just be careful. Drop box is specially for Canadian Citizens or those residing in Canada. You might be ok if you put a Canadian Address in application as your home and mailing address
Just make sure you read all the rules, but it is clear that anyone travelling from outside is not eligible for stamping unless you are Canadian Citizen.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Make sure you have Canadian Address on your PR, also remember they ask you if you are travelling from another country to Canada to get stamping done. You might not be eligible for Drop box, just be careful. Drop box is specially for Canadian Citizens or those residing in Canada. You might be ok if you put a Canadian Address in application as your home and mailing address
Just make sure you read all the rules, but it is clear that anyone travelling from outside is not eligible for stamping unless you are Canadian Citizen.
That is the reason I thought I would submit DS-160 once I enter Canada and answer 'No' to the question that asks if i'm traveling from another country. I read elsewhere I can put the Indian address for permanent address and US address for temporary residence. My buddy checked at Canada post and they said they can accept US DL as long as it matches the name and address provided for drop box.

So my plan is as follows - On DS-160 I shall include Indian and US address. For Drop box include US address, as I can only provide them my original US DL to pick up my passport from Canada Post.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
The PR card itself doesnt have address on it, so I cant use any Canadian address for drop down while picking up my passport from post office. I can use my US DL.

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
The PR card itself doesnt have address on it, so I cant use any Canadian address for drop down while picking up my passport from post office. I can use my US DL.
Why dnt you go to us visa info and put un ur DS 160 number and try to answer questions , system will tell.you if you are eligible for dropbox
Ur ds160 does not have to to be complete just dnt pay fees...let me know i any issues

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Why dnt you go to us visa info and put un ur DS 160 number and try to answer questions , system will tell.you if you are eligible for dropbox
Ur ds160 does not have to to be complete just dnt pay fees...let me know i any issues
OK will do and keep you posted.

NNB18

May 10, 2022
I think they clearly say do not send anything extra, so i would avoid adding paystubs if they have not asked for it
Can we use copy of COPR instead of PR card, as I will be doing dropbox right after activating my PR status?

santaguy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
05/06/2022 - Dropped off docs at Canada post office for Vancouver
06/06/2022 - Delivered.

After that "No status"