+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
I did h&c last year July they received it and submitted prra February of this year
If applicant have a small case or just basic case usually the officer make decision pass to minister for exemption he/she will sign on it really fast and sometime applicant have A lot of evidence on file and the officer read and put his recommendation then they will pass it to Minister
Minister take their sweet little time then they will answer you

No answer is better as long as no refusal just be patient soon you will get positive answer

Those people get approved they saying like my lawyer is the best lol
But in reality he/she deserve it and he/she was eligible he/she got it
Lawyer got his money and his happy
happy endings lol

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
If applicant have a small case or just basic case usually the officer make decision pass to minister for exemption he/she will sign on it really fast and sometime applicant have A lot of evidence on file and the officer read and put his recommendation then they will pass it to Minister

No answer is better as long as no refusal just be patient soon you will get positive answer

happy endings lol
Ok thank you for your encouraging words

Reactions: Ayanna

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

happy endings lol
Just a warning though that some officers do not bother closing the case and just send rejection directly to CBSA for them to contact you and give you decision in person at the removal interview. So just because you see "in process" and no response does not always mean that there is still hope. Happenned to my partner. Montreal officer rejected his file last summer and never sent him any letter, did not close the case - was showing in process. She forwarded decision to CBSA directly and only closed the case 8 months after she refused it. Luckily, we saw rejection in GCMS notes and CBSA was also closed (all deportations on hold). This gave is a few months to prepare a new application and get ready. Otherwise he would have been deprorted long time ago.

my strong recommendation to everyone is to track your file closely, don't rely 100% on your lawyers or ECAS.

Last edited:

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Just a warning though that some officers do not bother closing the case and just send rejection directly to CBSA for them to contact you and give you decision in person at the removal interview. So just because you see "in process" and no response does not always mean that there is still hope. Happenned to my partner. Montreal officer rejected his file last summer and never sent him any letter, never closed the case - was showing in process. She forwarded decision to CBSA directly and only closed the case 8 months after she refused it. Luckily, we saw rejection in GCMS notes and CBSA was also closed (all deportations on hold). This gave is a few months to prepare a new application and get ready. Otherwise he would have been deprorted long time ago.

my strong recommendation to everyone is to track your file closely, don't rely 100% on your lawyers or ECAS.
That officer must be wicked

Reactions: Ayanna and Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That officer must be wicked
Yes we were almost wondering if it was a coincidence or she did it on purpose so that he cannot appeal - as you know, you must have a decision letter at hand to appeal , you cannot appeal with GCMS notes. So because of all this, he could not appeal and he could not file a new
Application either (you cannot have two applications in process - one must be closed first).

Yinkus

Jul 29, 2016
it was 10 days from AIP for my partner (also Niagara)

May 18th, 2021 - AIP and request for police certificate, right of PR fee and financial docs
May 21st, 2021 - all requested documents provided to BRO
May 27th, 2021 - medicals requested for him and all non-accompanying kids abroad
Hi,
Please l need Clarification. I got my AIP 10 days ago. My husband is the principal applicant and was asked to provide police certificate, right of PR fees and financial document. but the letter did not mention that spouse should provide financial. Please did you and your spouse provide proof that you were working and pay stub? Or just the principal applicant. Thanks

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Hi,
Please l need Clarification. I got my AIP 10 days ago. My husband is the principal applicant and was asked to provide police certificate, right of PR fees and financial document. but the letter did not mention that spouse should provide financial. Please did you and your spouse provide proof that you were working and pay stub? Or just the principal applicant. Thanks
Both of you should provide proof that you’re working. But if you re not working, no problem. Just make sure you re no more on welfare

Reactions: Yinkus

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi,
As long one of you guys working that’s fine
Example I was working but my husband wasn’t
We had a joint account that’s all
We got no issues

Last edited:

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Hi,
Congratulations! Can you share your timeline please?

Reactions: Ayanna
Jun 27, 2021
Longtime lurker here but I've read every last post on this thread. My grounds were establishment here and hardship back home. Aip was recieved on Feb 9. They asked for proof of financial support for the second stage. My medicals were recieved on the March 12 and I heard nothing until now.
My timeline is as follows:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 22, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 19, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on December 22, 2020.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on February 14, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you a letter on June 25, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. You entered Canada at the HM Niagara Falls office on June 25, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.

Ajakarian17

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Longtime lurker here but I've read every last post on this thread. My grounds were establishment here and hardship back home. Aip was recieved on Feb 9. They asked for proof of financial support for the second stage. My medicals were recieved on the March 12 and I heard nothing until now.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 19, 2020.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on February 14, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you a letter on June 25, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. You entered Canada at the HM Niagara Falls office on June 25, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.
Congratulations!
I didnt receive any update about my medical check.
Can you share your situation with members ? Like if you apolied for asylum evidences and arguments in your file do tu have s child in your case etc...

Reactions: RaiSaab108

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Hi our situation is unique because I am Canadian citizen so I did not have to provide anything and they did not ask. He has misrepresentation ban so I cannot sponsor him and HC is the only way for him to stay.

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
Congratulations to you and your family

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Hello,
I’m in similar situation. I got my AIP on June 10th asking about medical, police records, financial & a couple forms.

I sent everything on June 14th, then I got the letter of the medical on 19th.

My doubt is about I sent the medical before the medical instructions on 19th because it was mentioned in the AIP letter.

My lawyer has sent an email about this without answer yet!! I’m worried about this!! Anyone in similar situation???? I’m not sure if I may do the medical exam again as I called the clinic and they cannot link it to the H&C UCI.

We received your application for permanent residence on November 10, 2020.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 10, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 19, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on March 26, 2021.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on June 19, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Thank you ;)

Reactions: Fayamufi

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hello,
I’m in similar situation. I got my AIP on June 10th asking about medical, police records, financial & a couple forms.

I sent everything on June 14th, then I got the letter of the medical on 19th.

My doubt is about I sent the medical before the medical instructions on 19th because it was mentioned in the AIP letter.

My lawyer has sent an email about this without answer yet!! I’m worried about this!! Anyone in similar situation???? I’m not sure if I may do the medical exam again as I called the clinic and they cannot link it to the H&C UCI.

We received your application for permanent residence on November 10, 2020.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 10, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 19, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on March 26, 2021.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on June 19, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Thank you ;)
TheRe are two reasons one they haven’t received your medical on the system or they are looking for more tests
sometimes takes like a week they receive actual medical
you should call the call center or make your attorney to email them what’s going on