+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Ayanna, is it risky if MP office help make enquiry on status of applications?
Many people say MP helped them a lot because they can find out more details about your status (there is a special phone line for MPs) and also write you a letter of support. Unfortunately, did not help much in our case. My partner's 2nd HC was still refused despite a beautiful support letter from MP who is also a federal minister. The Montreal immigration officer dismissed all his references and wrote "because they are new to Canada". MP and federal minister new to Canada?! Hmmmm

And the info provided to MP was also incorrect - they told her file was in process while it had been already rejected 6 months prior to that.

I would say GCMS notes is the only reliable method to see what is going on there.

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Stage 1 - Approval in principle
Stage 2 - submit medicals, police certificates and documents demonstrating how you support yourself financially (sometimes they ask for this in Stage 1)

If approved: Certificate of permanent residence by email and PR card by mail.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @Katayoon .
But how credible is the call centre information? Also, what is the special phone line of MPs
Only MPs have the number. That's why it is for MPs only :)
Call center agents differ in experience substantially. Some of them provide accurate info, others provide completely innacurate info. It's a hit or miss.

Reactions: RaiSaab108

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Hey Guys,
My wife got express entry invitation then just 5 min before we submit everything and pay all the fees… I got AIP!!
So we did the medical exam a month ago for the EE. H&C is asking about this now, do you think about it’s an issue that we did it before they asked? One month earlier, I know about it’s valid for a year.
It’s a strange situation.
Thank you ;)

Ajakarian17

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Hey Guys,
My wife got express entry invitation then just 5 min before we submit everything and pay all the fees… I got AIP!!
So we did the medical exam a month ago for the EE. H&C is asking about this now, do you think about it’s an issue that we did it before they asked? One month earlier, I know about it’s valid for a year.
It’s a strange situation.
Thank you ;)
as long as your medical result is valid it is not necessary to do a medical visit for second time according to my information.