+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thanks for your reply ayanna. I didn't lie anything on my application. I am stressed out because it's been three months that we sent all the documents and immigration has not yet updated and never asked for anything
That’s good then everything is done they don’t need anything so far Otherwise they email you right away

Some guys been waiting more then six months for second stage

Last edited:
Reactions: Lexus2021

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
How much time will it take for first stage approval or rejection ?
It’s all depends on officer
it takes from three months up to 36 months

If you had more than six months your application in process it means your chances are higher

If the officer think your case weak or not strong evidence usually deny people between 3 to 6 months

Last edited:

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Is there anyone still waiting on stage 1 approval. July 27 is going to make 1 year and am worried if i will get refused
I saw member who are wait 18 months then they can’t refuse and I saw awesome members who got answer in 45 days positive

But anybody who waits more than 24 months will get 95%
positive answers

Last edited:

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could be good or bad but they don’t like politicians get involved in immigration cases .
I see that it all depends on officer. Some officers value support letter from MPs as evidence of integration in society. Others get upset about it and consider it as interference within their area of expertise: "I don't get orders from MPs, I am the decision maker here".

Ajakarian17

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
It's normal. I am waiting 2 years. It depends on the officer you received.
It’s all depends on officer
it takes from three months up to 36 months

If you had more than six months your application in process it means your chances are higher

If the officer think your case weak or not strong evidence usually deny people between 3 to 6 months
I saw member who are wait 18 months then they can’t refuse and I saw awesome members who got answer in 45 days positive

But anybody who waits more than 24 months will get 95%
positive answers
It's normal. I am waiting 2 years. It depends on the officer you received.
No ! 2 years timeline its verry long especially now ! Maybe for principal applicants who live abroad or who applied in 2018 or 2019
Many applicants got aip after 3 or 4 months and others rejection after years

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
No ! 2 years timeline its verry long especially now ! Maybe for principal applicants who live abroad or who applied in 2018 or 2019
Many applicants got aip after 3 or 4 months and others rejection after years
the process timeframe is 27 months
But some members got 2,4,6,10 months and even some are still waiting since beginning 2020 it almost 18 months no answer
When it says process time
It’s means your application from start up to get pr
For example someone submitted application January 2020 he got his/her Aip on December 2020 which is 12 months
2 stage takes up to 11 months because background checks or security check
After Pr takes up to 3 months
All process becomes 26 months

sometime the client has three application like H&c/PRRA and rehabilitation or H&c/PRRA inadmissible medical or misrepresentation
H&c/Judicial review or H&c:federal court

those case take longer maybe from 6 months up to 36 months or more

your not the only application applied for H&c
They’re more 10k applicant a year

I hope it makes sense for you
Good luck

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Bless your heart ❤ Exactly what I’m talking about
I guess the only time ,you need to involve MP is when your case is complicated or you are unfairly treated. Involving MP to check your timeline , for me it's abuse of privilege. That's why immigration doesn't take them seriously anymore.
Order a Gcms note ,if you want to know how ur case is going.

Reactions: Ayanna and Katayoon

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
But some members got 2,4,6,10 months and even some are still waiting since beginning 2020 it almost 18 months no answer
For example someone submitted application January 2020 he got his/her Aip on December 2020 which is 12 months

sometime the client has three application like H&c/PRRA and rehabilitation or H&c/PRRA inadmissible medical or misrepresentation

Good luck
I did h&c last year July they received it and submitted prra February of this year

Reactions: Ayanna

Ajakarian17

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021

Good luck
you should never take the processing times of the ircc website as a reference ...
The processing times from what I know for the second stage can be 4 or 5 months maximum unless there is a CSQ, so in this case it can be more than that ...
The majority of applicants in 2020 have received a response, it is sure that there are always unique cases that can take more, because of the officer or the applicant's personal situation.

Normally a PRRA request will not delay the H&C too much because the person risks being deported and it is better to make a decision about hm sooner.

Of course I don't generalize because each situation is different from the other but members must know that now the processing time does not generally exceed 1 year unless there are security problems it can be more than that ...
yes, there are a lot of applications and it was around 20k for 2020 but surely not like before because the borders are closed and most of the immigrants cannot enter, also Ircc has developed the software and systems during last months according to my lawyer.

by the way i got my AIP last week !

Application sent: 2020-11-15
Aor : 2021-01-22
In process : 2021-04-08
Approval in principal : 2021-06-18

Grounds : best interest of the child, hardship and establishment

I tought that i Will take more time because i failed my asylum application before but thanks god!

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
you should never take the processing times of the ircc website as a reference ...
The processing times from what I know for the second stage can be 4 or 5 months maximum unless there is a CSQ, so in this case it can be more than that ...
The majority of applicants in 2020 have received a response, it is sure that there are always unique cases that can take more, because of the officer or the applicant's personal situation.

Normally a PRRA request will not delay the H&C too much because the person risks being deported and it is better to make a decision about hm sooner.

Of course I don't generalize because each situation is different from the other but members must know that now the processing time does not generally exceed 1 year unless there are security problems it can be more than that ...
yes, there are a lot of applications and it was around 20k for 2020 but surely not like before because the borders are closed and most of the immigrants cannot enter, also Ircc has developed the software and systems during last months according to my lawyer.

by the way i got my AIP last week !

Application sent: 2020-11-15
Aor : 2021-01-22
In process : 2021-04-08
Approval in principal : 2021-06-18

Grounds : best interest of the child, hardship and establishment

I tought that i Will take more time because i failed my asylum application before but thanks god!
Congratulations!
As you said every case is different. Hope all 2018 and 2019 applicants get answer soon too.