+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
@Ayanna whats the difference between Appealing H&C and Reconsideration?
If you're asking for a reconsideration, you're not appealing. It's sort of a new claim, a reopened claim, whatever you want to call it. ... You file that appeal, but then you need to get evidence.

Reconsideration is like when you ask the officer to consider your case again due to weak or lack of evidence
And appeal is like going to the federal judge as me the judge would decision. If only you get there . Sometimes they might just denied it

Triplemog

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
If you're asking for a reconsideration, you're not appealing. It's sort of a new claim, a reopened claim, whatever you want to call it. ... You file that appeal, but then you need to get evidence.

Reconsideration is like when you ask the officer to consider your case again due to weak or lack of evidence
And appeal is like going to the federal judge as me the judge would decision. If only you get there . Sometimes they might just denied it
Oh i see. i went to federal judge and i knew it won’t go through but luckily i was wrong...

Reactions: Ayanna

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
This is not a great recommendation.They’d milk you dry! This is a very expensive firm.If you need a good lawyer in Toronto,go to legal aid clinic on Dundas.They’d give you a list of lawyers that have actually won really complex H& C cases.
That is true very expensive firm i cannot argue on that one at all.. in my time canada paid for them so i did not need to spend a dime.. i would use your recommendation of using legal aid clinic cheers :)

Reactions: Growing pains

Saraaaa

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Sorry but Im looking for a very professional lawyer, otherwise I already have my lawyer and I paid him a lot. Any way thank you guys

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
It doesn’t matter who is your lawyer
The important things
how long you been in Canada ?
Do you have family ties in Canada?
How are u supporting yourself in Canada ? Are u paying taxes ? or are you doing voluntary work helping others ?

Being a visitor and applying for H&c doesn’t qualify people for any status . you have to have strong grounds or be a skilled worker . These are few examples of acceptable cases

I hope the help you

PositiveLIife08

Nov 11, 2020
Im not just a visitor. I cant go back to my country. I would be die
you can apply for H&C even if you are visitor but what @Ayanna want to say say is that you should have good humanitarian circumstances to apply and not just some articles about the situation in the country of origin and 2 or 3 letters from friends in Canada said that you are a good person.
you must have more things to join in your file and also pay attention to details.
don't give up !