+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is true very expensive firm i cannot argue on that one at all.. in my time canada paid for them so i did not need to spend a dime.. i would use your recommendation of using legal aid clinic cheers :)

You have to qualify for legal aid and types of cases they now accept are pretty specific and can’t take all cases due to budget issues. Not sure whether applying for H&C as a visitor would actually be accepted but no harm trying.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It doesn’t matter who is your lawyer
The important things
how long you been in Canada ?
Do you have family ties in Canada?
How are u supporting yourself in Canada ? Are u paying taxes ? or are you doing voluntary work helping others ?

Being a visitor and applying for H&c doesn’t qualify people for any status . you have to have strong grounds or be a skilled worker . These are few examples of acceptable cases

I hope the help you
Being a skilled worker has nothing to do with being approved for H&C. If you are a skilled worker you should be applying for economic immigration programs. For H&C cases not being a burden on the tax
payers is important but it doesn’t necessarily have to be skilled work. Applying for H&C based on being a skilled worker would be encouraging anyone who hasn’t qualified for economic immigration program to arrive in Canada and apply for H&C.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Countries like no fly zone are exempt from deportation. I am not aware of how much long would it take for the immigration to deport someone like that situation . I heard few cases like that those who are are assigned for deportation are still here it’s been more than a decade that they are not been deported .
People can end up in limbo without status but also not being able to be deported.

Mhy0811

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
It doesn’t matter who is your lawyer
The important things
how long you been in Canada ?
Do you have family ties in Canada?
How are u supporting yourself in Canada ? Are u paying taxes ? or are you doing voluntary work helping others ?

Being a visitor and applying for H&c doesn’t qualify people for any status . you have to have strong grounds or be a skilled worker . These are few examples of acceptable cases

I hope the help you
How about me Ms @Ayana you think i have a strong case.
1. 7 years in Canada
2.work and study here in Canada
3.one born son in Canada and 1 back home he is 13 years old and only meet him twice in 10 years working abroad
4. Volunteer in Hope Mission way back 2015 and currently volunteering in our community and hospital and teaching sunday school in Church
5. My parents and siblings passed away only my first born living in back home.

Reactions: AnonyKaty

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As per my knowledge they can deport anyone who don't have right to stay in canada but if you hire a good laywer he or she can help you to stay here and restore your temporary status
Not necessarily. If people have a good chance of being approved soon and they haven’t been without status for an extended period of time deportations can often be put on hold. It is incredibly dependent on the situation.

Reactions: Melno48

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. 7 years in Canada
3.one born son in Canada and 1 back home he is 13 years old and only meet him twice in 10 years working abroad
4. Volunteer in Hope Mission way back 2015 and currently volunteering in our community and hospital and teaching sunday school in Church
What was your status for the 7 years. Are you financially independent? Have you received/receiving social assistance? Would add that if you don’t have a WP teaching Sunday school would be considered illegal work.

Mhy0811

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
What was your status for the 7 years. Are you financially independent? Have you received/receiving social assistance? Would add that if you don’t have a WP teaching Sunday school would be considered illegal work.
Yes i am financially dependent work for 2 years and study for 2 years applied for open work permit but refused. Teaching sunday school in the church is volunteering.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
WTH !
you think that a visitor cannot apply for a PRRA and have a work permit? you are the best lawyer bro !
If you read what I said that in this situation PPRA process would not lead to a WP. In this case the person does not already have a WP and applied for H&C after arriving as a visitor. If you already have a WP and you go through PPRA you can apply for a WP extension and depending on the situation it will or not be granted. Before criticizing me perhaps read what I said first.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes i am financially dependent work for 2 years and study for 2 years applied for open work permit but refused. Teaching sunday school in the church is volunteering.
Any volunteer work that could be paid work is considered illegal work if you don’t have a WP. There are people who are paid to teach Sunday school. Perhaps not in your church but in general there are people paid to teach Sunday school so if you don’t have a WP it would be considered illegal work.

That only equals 4 years. What have you been doing for the other 3 years?

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
1. 7 years in Canada
It sounds like a strong case. But I think that the child abroad might complicate things because they could wonder why not move back to be with your son.

Be extensive with your proof. Include an explanation of your story, photos of your time in Canada, letters from the communities with which you volunteered, any evidence that can help bolster.

Good luck!

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
1. 7 years in Canada
Hi Mhy
Yeah seem like you have solid case
Very strong H&c ground
Base on the information soon you have positive result be patient

Last edited:

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
It sounds like a strong case. But I think that the child abroad might complicate things because they could wonder why not move back to be with your son.

Be extensive with your proof. Include an explanation of your story, photos of your time in Canada, letters from the communities with which you volunteered, any evidence that can help bolster.

Good luck!
Hi @AnonyKaty do you have an indea about TRP applications ?

Reactions: AnonyKaty