+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Mhy0811

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Any volunteer work that could be paid work is considered illegal work if you don’t have a WP. There are people who are paid to teach Sunday school. Perhaps not in your church but in general there are people paid to teach Sunday school so if you don’t have a WP it would be considered illegal work.

That only equals 4 years. What have you been doing for the other 3 years?
All volunteer in the church is not a paid work is just simply assisting kids during preaching and telling them some bible stories juts 30 mins of your time on sunday

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
What have you been doing for the past 3 years and how are you supporting yourself?
I prefer not to approach this kind of information to the public.
but i just want to know if they can deport me any time if i will not have iIplicit status and my TRP application still in process....
there is no solution to stop deportation exept judicial control ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I prefer not to approach this kind of information to the public.
but i just want to know if they can deport me any time if i will not have iIplicit status and my TRP application still in process....
No you don’t have implied status. You need to have status already to have implied status when applying for a TRP.

Reactions: Melno48

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
No you don’t have implied status. You need to have status already to have implied status when applying for a TRP.
they can deport me any time if i will not have implicit status and my TRP application still in process....?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All volunteer in the church is not a paid work is just simply assisting kids during preaching and telling them some bible stories juts 30 mins of your time on sunday
Still considered illegal work if you don’t have a WP because there are pasters, junior pastors or even babysitters that are paid to do this job in other churches.

Mhy0811

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
It sounds like a strong case. But I think that the child abroad might complicate things because they could wonder why not move back to be with your son.

Be extensive with your proof. Include an explanation of your story, photos of your time in Canada, letters from the communities with which you volunteered, any evidence that can help bolster.

Good luck!
I also have one son here in Canada i did all ways that i can bring him here I studied only to find out that my school is not eligible for PGWP but finished my school anyway, applies for open work permit but got refuse then applied for work permit with LMIA refused to, I want to bring him here with me and that is my struggle i dont want to go back home our country is one of the third country so poverty and hardship is a struggle

• Sad
Reactions: AnonyKaty

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
they can deport me any time if i will not have implicit status and my TRP application still in process....?
If you are out of status yes you could be deported at anytime. Believe you mean implied status. If removal has been initiated you can argue that you are waiting for your H&C application to be processed. Depending on the situation in your home country and covid in the world your removal order could be put on hold. If you do receive a removal order I would get your lawyer to negotiate with CBSA. Not guaranteed to stop removal but there are many can report to CBSA for a period of time.

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
If you are out of status yes you could be deported at anytime. Believe you mean implied status. If removal has been initiated you can argue that you are waiting for your H&C application to be processed. Depending on the situation in your home country and covid in the world your removal order could be put on hold. If you do receive a removal order I would get your lawyer to negotiate with CBSA. Not guaranteed to stop removal but there are many can report to CBSA for a period of time.
Yes implied status
Ok i understand, I have not received any letter from CBSA currently, I just received the voluntary departure form from IRCC, i will speak with a lawyer tommorow

Reactions: Ayanna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Considered illegal??? Says who?? You need to chill man. Teaching Sunday school is a volunteer thing.
Teaching Sunday school is not always a volunteer job. There are plenty junior ministers, pastors, priests, etc. that are paid to teach Sunday school. In general if you do not have status or are a visitor in Canada you can do volunteer work where nobody could be paid to do the work. For example you can visit seniors but you couldn’t clean their home.

Reactions: M0527

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes implied status
Ok i understand, I have not received any letter from CBSA currently, I just received the voluntary departure form from IRCC, i will speak with a lawyer tommorow
Your lawyer will give you the best advice but assume they will either tell you to wait and not do anything because Canada moves to removals quite slowly in most cases or be proactive and approach CBSA and arrange to report to them weekly/bi-weekly/monthly In exchange for hopefully putting your removal process on hold.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, seems he knows everything. It is a ministry in the church so i dont think its a paid work. Correct me if I am wrong
There are certainly paid ministers, junior ministers or just church staff that are paid to teach Sunday school. It may not be the case in your religious institution but if in any religious institution you can be paid to teach Sunday school it is considered illegal work. Would be the same if you cleaned the church. It would be considered illegal work because you could pay to do the same work.

AAK2018

Dec 12, 2020
Would you mind asking you how u applied for work permit while you has visitor visa because we applied for that but under h&c but now that our H&C application seems to be denied what happened on our work permit application?
Sorry for delay in replying, working 16 hours a day
We applied for work permit 1st without mentioning that we are going to apply H&C
But in our H&C application it was mentioned that we applied for work permit already, even after getting a work permit we didn`t inform/update our H&C application

In your case some expert can advice better, if you have any other question for me please do ask