+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
If the applicant has not left Canada, there is no need to submit police records from the foreign countries for a 2nd time, the old one would suffice if it was obtained from a proper authority (this means for example foreign police checks must be issued by an authority at the national/federal level in the respective country and not be limited to a specific region, etc).

Note that visa offices tend to send template requests to applicants at stage 2 with multiple requests and reminders. These requests can include a section about police clearance. This may confuse the applicant and make them think a new police record is being requested. In this scenario you can explain briefly that you have already provided this document and that you have been living in Canada since. If they specifically ask you for a police check it means you either didn't include it or there was an issue with what you submitted originally.
I haven't leave Canada from 2015, and is my lawyer that send us to a Pacific place to do our fingerprints to send back home she said they checked for everything it a special fingerprint they do here I think the name of the place is A one fingerprint .

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
If the applicant has not left Canada, there is no need to submit police records from the foreign countries for a 2nd time, the old one would suffice if it was obtained from a proper authority (this means for example foreign police checks must be issued by an authority at the national/federal level in the respective country and not be limited to a specific region, etc).

Note that visa offices tend to send template requests to applicants at stage 2 with multiple requests and reminders. These requests can include a section about police clearance. This may confuse the applicant and make them think a new police record is being requested. In this scenario you can explain briefly that you have already provided this document and that you have been living in Canada since. If they specifically ask you for a police check it means you either didn't include it or there was an issue with what you submitted originally.
Thanks a lot @cantaloupe- so useful response as always! Is there a way to prove that the applicant stayed in Canada all the time since the certificates were issued? Most h&c submissions assume that person has no place to go and stays in Canada waiting for the resolution of their case.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Thanks a lot @cantaloupe- so useful response as always! Is there a way to prove that the applicant stayed in Canada all the time since the certificates were issued? Most h&c submissions assume that person has no place to go and stays in Canada waiting for the resolution of their case.
I wouldn't worry about proving that. Just state it! If the applicant has left Canada without declaring it to IRCC it will become clear at some point that they are no longer here to finalize their application. If the applicant leaves and then successfully comes back while the case is in process, their re-entry (either on a visa or on a visa-exempt passport) will be available for the officer to view on GCMS.

Reactions: irochka832
Jul 10, 2020
hello guys I applied with my girlfriend on monday I received a letter from immigration to get the medical exams but only mine letter.you guys know why?

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
hello guys I applied with my girlfriend on monday I received a letter from immigration to get the medical exams but only mine letter.you guys know why?
Are you guys married or common law or something?If she’s not legally related to you,then maybe that’s why.You have to be in order to file together.plus is she pregnant (if she is,she can’t do X-ray).

Jul 10, 2020
We are common in law we applied together my timeline is
Application received july 3 2018
knowledge letter july 6 2018
First Approval july 15 2020
Medical exams august 24 2020

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
We are common in law we applied together my timeline is
Application received july 3 2018
knowledge letter july 6 2018
First Approval july 15 2020
Medical exams august 24 2020
The only thing I can think of is if she’s expecting because,she’d have to do X-ray.And if that’s the case,she’d have to wait until the baby’s out.Did they not tell you why though?