+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
hello guys I applied with my girlfriend on monday I received a letter from immigration to get the medical exams but only mine letter.you guys know why?
Did you applied with your girlfriend as dependant? Because I applied as a dependant of my husband and all the letters from CIC came with just his name but they clarify that are referred to him and members that have been included in the application

Saraaaa

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Hello @cantaloupe . Hope every one is doing well. I am here under H&C base for one year.And we extended our visitor visa until now. Do you think I can apply for work permit with a job offer? And what is LMIA? And how can I get one? I appreciate if you or other friends could help me

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Hello @cantaloupe . Hope every one is doing well. I am here under H&C base for one year.And we extended our visitor visa until now. Do you think I can apply for work permit with a job offer? And what is LMIA? And how can I get one? I appreciate if you or other friends could help me
Your H&C will only make you eligible for an open work permit after you receive a positive stage-1 decision, and it will be LMIA-exempt. But before you get a stage 1 decision, you will need to continue to renew your visitor status, unless you qualify for a work permit under another category, such as study permit holder's spouse, etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need both a job offer and an approved LMIA to apply for a work permit. Your employer who gives you the job offer is the one who must apply for the LMIA. Generally speaking it takes at least 4 months to get an approved LMIA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you
Just to clarify, this is if you want a work permit before AIP. Once you have AIP as part of your H&C application, you will qualify for an open work permit. AIP seems to be generally taking around 2 years these days.

Reactions: irochka832

Saraaaa

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Yes and now for me one year is passed, what do you recommend to wait foe AIP or applying for approved LMIA? I personally think it's less risky than H&C

Helen02

Star Member
May 9, 2020
You need both a job offer and an approved LMIA to apply for a work permit. Your employer who gives you the job offer is the one who must apply for the LMIA. Generally speaking it takes at least 4 months to get an approved LMIA.
Your H&C will only make you eligible for an open work permit after you receive a positive stage-1 decision, and it will be LMIA-exempt. But before you get a stage 1 decision, you will need to continue to renew your visitor status, unless you qualify for a work permit under another category, such as study permit holder's spouse, etc.
@cantaloupe please if H&C application is in process what does that means
Application received may 2019
Receipt July 5 2019
I have a special need child with disabilities born in Canada and I’m PSW please , what is the meaning of in Process.thanx

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
@cantaloupe please if H&C application is in process what does that means
Application received may 2019
Receipt July 5 2019
I have a special need child with disabilities born in Canada and I’m PSW please , what is the meaning of in Process.thanx
Thats mean your file is in triaged to Senior Immigration Officer for AIP decision. It takes day, weeks or months sometimes year for the first stage decision.

Goodluck