+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H & C first stage approval inquiry

SM527

Oct 13, 2017
Hello Beac,

i applied march 23 and still have not heard from the. is it normal? i checked ecas today it says We received your application for permanent residence march 2017 . thats all i see
Hello Ladylin

Your application was received on March 2017, the next line that comes up is
We started processing your application ( date )

Just to give you an example; mine updated from received to processing after 7 months.

received Oct, processing May.

So your update should be coming soon.

I am still waiting on Stage 1 approval and its been 5 months since my app has been in process....

joannewang016

Nov 9, 2017
Hello Mims,
how long was your process? and also i have applied for H&C since march 2017 but i have not heard anything from them. i cheched my Ecas today. i didnt even know there was anything like Ecas unless i would have been tracking it since march. On my Ecas i saw application received March 23 2017. thats all i saw. is this normal/ cos from what i see many got first stage approval in 5 to 6 months. only one line on my Ecas. whats the next line i ought to be seeing.? and please tell me all the lines you received from ecas from the first one you got till the last so i know what to expect next on my ecas. thanks
Have you heard anything back yet? I submitted mine April this year. No news for me

joannewang016

Nov 9, 2017
Hello Ladylin

Just to give you an example; mine updated from received to processing after 7 months.

I am still waiting on Stage 1 approval and its been 5 months since my app has been in process....
Any update on your application?

Kaurkaur81

Nov 30, 2017
Hi everyone
I applied my parents PR under H and C. I’m the only child and they are quite old in their 80’s. So they need support and care. On the other hand my in law parents are not anymore so my Little kids 1 year old and 9 year old needs someone to look after them. My husband is diagnosed with bipolar. So it’s urgency on both sides. Can someone tell me how long does it take to process? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone
I applied my parents PR under H and C. I’m the only child and they are quite old in their 80’s. So they need support and care. On the other hand my in law parents are not anymore so my Little kids 1 year old and 9 year old needs someone to look after them. My husband is diagnosed with bipolar. So it’s urgency on both sides. Can someone tell me how long does it take to process? Thanks
I assume both of your parents are currently in Canada.

Expect processing to take around 2 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone
Did you try the PGP program? Do they have other family members in their home country to take care of them? Unfortunately your children's inability to see their grandparents on a regular basis is not an H&C reason. Best of luck H&C cases are very difficult and if you are already the caregiver to your husband I am not sure whether that will have an effect on your case.

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hello Ladylin

joannewang016

Nov 9, 2017
Hello Ladylin

Hi SM527,

Have you received stage 1 approval?

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi Ladyin,

Have you received first stage approval? Do you know how long takes from "in process" to "first stage approval"? Thanks!
Hi Joanne i have not received my first stage yet. Hoping soon. so i cant say how long it takes from processing to first stage.