+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H & C first stage approval inquiry

Junie23

Feb 15, 2018
Hi boldon, gd eve.. i didn't receive any e-mail frm cic since they received my application up to become 7 mnths to inprocess and i didn't try to call any hotline to follow up my application..
My ground basis for applying h&c is hardship home country and the apartment were i was renting before here in canada was went on fire.. my question is, is it student visa can affect my application?

boldon

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2010
Doc's Request.
20 October 2010
AOR Received.
January 2011
IELTS Request
included in application
File Transfer...
not applicable
Med's Request
13 February 2014
Med's Done....
19 March 2014
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
3 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
2 June 2014 (yahoo!)
LANDED..........
mid October 2014
Hi boldon, gd eve.. i didn't receive any e-mail frm cic since they received my application up to become 7 mnths to inprocess and i didn't try to call any hotline to follow up my application..
My ground basis for applying h&c is hardship home country and the apartment were i was renting before here in canada was went on fire.. my question is, is it student visa can affect my application?
sorry you got me confused there - why are you applying for a student visa when you have already applied for H&C?

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
And to clearify the official letter of stage 1 approval is different from the request for medical and police report
HAve u gotten your oepn work permit? i have and i cannot renew my drivers license because of the remarkz/observation at the botton of the permit which says "DOES NOT CONFER TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS" did you get that in yours?

SM527

Oct 13, 2017
HAve u gotten your oepn work permit? i have and i cannot renew my drivers license because of the remarkz/observation at the botton of the permit which says "DOES NOT CONFER TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS" did you get that in yours?
Not yet, that’s interesting. Did you take your open work permit along with with your drivers license for renewal and the rep said they can’t renew it because of the remark or you decided based on the remark they won’t renew it?

And any news on your medical?

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Not yet, that’s interesting. Did you take your open work permit along with with your drivers license for renewal and the rep said they can’t renew it because of the remark or you decided based on the remark they won’t renew it?

And any news on your medical?
Hello , i took the work permit and my drivers license. they looked at the work permit and saw the remark and said they could not renew my license. tried several registry still the same. Also went to alberta transportation website its also states the same. As for my medical letter, i have not received it yet.

SM527

Oct 13, 2017
Hello , i took the work permit and my drivers license. they looked at the work permit and saw the remark and said they could not renew my license. tried several registry still the same. Also went to alberta transportation website its also states the same. As for my medical letter, i have not received it yet.
Really, that’s odd you’d think the work permit would be more so permanent since it allows you work until you get your P.R

On the bright side you can work! congratulations and you can always drive with your International drivers license. So you’re good I’m still waiting for my work permit and honestly when I get that I won’t really be checking on my P.R status as much.

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
HI,
A question?
MY Work Permit is Expiring August. and My H&C still In Process, MY employer don't extend the contract after August as I don't have legal status after that. (And there was a Permanent Position in my team in the company that I Couldn't apply for it, as HR says that I'm ineligible applying for that).

So how you can you afford with a family(partner & 2 kids) if my Work permit expires, CIC doesn't grant a Work Permit. and H&C PR requirement is not going to seek for social assistance?

Any Advise!
Thanks

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
And unfortunately ONLY 10% of applications get approvable or even less now.... :(

Usually first stage with in 1.5 year / bad or good.
Hi, with the greatest respect - where did you get that 10% number, and I will be very surprised if you can substantiate it from a Government site.

H&C statistics are infamously difficult to actually tabulate because of the various streams of consideration within applications, source countries, BIOC, etc, however if you want to state some overall approval/refusal rate then you will have to articulate even that further - are we talking case files or individuals (a family of 4 counts as 4 approvals or refusals versus one case file decision on one family). Criminality, medical issues... if you can show me some statistics then you "got me." But I don't think that your 10% approval rate assessment is even close to reality.

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hello Ladylin

Your application was received on March 2017, the next line that comes up is
We started processing your application ( date )

Just to give you an example; mine updated from received to processing after 7 months.

received Oct, processing May.

So your update should be coming soon.
Hello SM527

have you received your second stage approval? have you paid the landing fees and have u gotten your PR, if yes please share your timeline