+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H & C first stage approval inquiry

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hello Ladylin

Your application was received on March 2017, the next line that comes up is
We started processing your application ( date )

Just to give you an example; mine updated from received to processing after 7 months.

received Oct, processing May.

So your update should be coming soon.

I am still waiting on Stage 1 approval and its been 5 months since my app has been in process....

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
hello bea m have you received your first stage approval?
Hello Ladylin

Just to give you an example; mine updated from received to processing after 7 months.

I am still waiting on Stage 1 approval and its been 5 months since my app has been in process....

joannewang016

Nov 9, 2017
Hello Ladylin

Hi SM527,

Have you received 1st stage approval yet? Thanks

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi I sent my application in March 2016 still no reply is there another thread for Humanitarian Applications? Congratulations on those who got first stage. How long will the work permit be for?
hello miranda have you gotten your first stage approval? or ur PR?

Last edited:

Junie23

Feb 15, 2018
Hi there, my h&c application was received on july 2016 and was inprocess on feb. 2017, until now feb. 2018 is still inprocess and I didn’t receive any updates or a first stage approval. Is there anything wrong with my application?

Last edited:

boldon

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2010
Doc's Request.
20 October 2010
AOR Received.
January 2011
IELTS Request
included in application
File Transfer...
not applicable
Med's Request
13 February 2014
Med's Done....
19 March 2014
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
3 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
2 June 2014 (yahoo!)
LANDED..........
mid October 2014
Hi there, my h&c application was received on july 2016 and was inprocess on feb. 2017, until now feb. 2018 is still inprocess and I didn’t receive any updates or a first stage approval. Is there anything wrong with my application?
Hi - that is a really long wait! normally you will hear a decision around 13 months from submission....

did you try obtaining caips notes and / or calling the hotline?

may i also know what your basis for applying H&C is (ie canadian born children? hardship in home country?)?

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Yes there has been I got my first stage approval in DeC 2017. Which was a total of 7 months after the status of my application changed to processing.
hello, have you gotten the letter in your email saying you should go do your medical and police report if so, when did they send it?

SM527

Oct 13, 2017
hello bea m have you received your first stage approval?
Yes I have, I got my first stage approval in DeC 2017. Which was a total of 7 months after the status of my application changed to processing.

Words of encouragement; as long as your status says processing regardless of the duration there is hope, i’ve Seen some that waited over a year but they still got it.

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
They send the letter right after your approved, but I never received mine. Fortunately when I was on the phone with IMMG the officer brought it up and said i’ve been approved!

Told them I never received the letter, they said to wait, I should within 15 days. I still didn’t so I called back to tell them I still haven’t received it. So they had to send another request to forward the letter, I still haven’t received it but fortunately I got an email copy of the official letter after the second request.
ok thanks i will wait till monday, then my 15 days will be exhausted. if i dont get mine then will call them on Tuesday. Thanks for the Info.

SM527

Oct 13, 2017
hello, have you gotten the letter in your email saying you should go do your medical and police report if so, when did they send it?
Sorry I misread your question, to answer your question; I received the letter requesting my police report and medical last week around feb 10. 2018. So approximately 2+ months after Stage 1 approval.

I’ll try to delete my first reply

Last edited:

SM527

Oct 13, 2017
Sorry I misread your question, to answer your question; I received the letter requesting my police report and medical last week around feb 10. 2018. So approximately after 2+ months after Stage 1 approval.

ok thanks i will wait till monday, then my 15 days will be exhausted. if i dont get mine then will call them on Tuesday. Thanks for the Info.
And to clearify the official letter of stage 1 approval is different from the request for medical and police report

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Sorry I misread your question, to answer your question; I received the letter requesting my police report and medical last week around feb 10. 2018. So approximately 2+ months after Stage 1 approval.

o ok thanks. atleast i have an idea on how long to wait till i get the email for medical . thanks