00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
PMA said:
thanks for the input. but we're here already in Canada and have I was convicted last week, and have CEC application with confirmed COPR and cant land. what should I do ? apply for TRP or apply for refugee or H&C both situation works for me ( cant return home country due to civil war in Yemen, and have Canadian born child)

cheers
How serious your criminal records ?
If you have COPR already did you try to land?

Regards,
DHudson

PMA

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Dhudson said:
How serious your criminal records ?
If you have COPR already did you try to land?

Regards,
DHudson
It's a DUI convection, I tried landing at cic office before the court date and when the officer asked if I was convicted I simply said NO, but I circled the section where it said have been charged... then he took my COPR and thanked me for my honesty then told to come back after court results. However, he return my spouse COPR and said cant land her coz I'm the main applicant.

Now that I know the results I really don't know what to think anymore. My record is clean til this mistake never even had traffic ticket .

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
How about travel?.do I have wait 30 months without travel. for example, I have not seen my parents from last year, and my passport is with IRB because I have applied for refugee in the border. I need to travel other countries rather my home country. Any details about that will help.

Clenovia

May 10, 2017
I send my H&C applications since june 2015 and I get my first positive stage approval letter in july 2016 and My my medical exam result sent in october 2016 as my residency is in Quebec.
1 ) after medical exam sent, What the approximately time to get the CSQ ? Do i need to apply or just wait ?
2) if my luck get the CSQ take how long to get the final procces for PR ? Pls any information about it will help
Thnx

miranda21

May 19, 2017
Hi I sent my application in March 2016 still no reply is there another thread for Humanitarian Applications? Congratulations on those who got first stage. How long will the work permit be for?

BeaC

May 31, 2017
My time line from H & C :

Application received: 4 April 2016
We start processing your application : 12 september 2016
First Stage Approval: 8 November 2016
Medical, Police Certificat , Fee request : 1 March
Medical Done : 21 March

Immigration Quebec contact with me at March 16 , I asked for 30 days extension , I send all requested document at 24 march, I received my CSQ at May 11.

CLENOVIA- You dont need apply for CSQ, CiC transfer your file to Quebec, transfer take beetwen 2-4 months
Miranda21- work permit after First Stage Approval take 15 weeks

You a both can check your application status by Receipt Number, when you pay for your application

Clenovia

May 10, 2017
My time line from H & C :

Application received: 4 April 2016
We start processing your application : 12 september 2016
First Stage Approval: 8 November 2016
Medical, Police Certificat , Fee request : 1 March
Medical Done : 21 March

Immigration Quebec contact with me at March 16 , I asked for 30 days extension , I send all requested document at 24 march, I received my CSQ at May 11.

CLENOVIA- You dont need apply for CSQ, CiC transfer your file to Quebec, transfer take beetwen 2-4 months
Miranda21- work permit after First Stage Approval take 15 weeks

You a both can check your application status by Receipt Number, when you pay for your application
Hi thank you for ur response i just have a bit longer difference for the distance of each my app process, After my First Stage Approval
Medical, Police Certificat , Fee request,
My Medical also all is Done and i apply n get my work permit since that all has been long time running 10 months didn't get CSQ yet or any contact from Quebec and currently i cannot working as my newborn baby still depending on me and i starting get healthy problem so i should thinking lot of times to check doctor causing already spend lot of cost for giving birth hospital and clinic .for 5 years living in quebec without healthy card with childrens because status its very hard to paying huge costs,should i move to other province ? if there is any suggestions or additional information hope will help. thank you :)

BeaC

May 31, 2017
Hi Clenovia.
I dont understand why Immigration Quebec didnt contact with you yet, 10 months after First Stage Approval????? Very long.......
After letter from CIC in November I called to Immigration Quebec in february to ask about our file and they told me that tranfer take 2-4 months and I get letter from them in March. Try call them, they respond for call very fast and service is very helpful .
I understand feeling without medical care, we didnt have medical card for 2 years :(my kids too even they are citizen , when you change province you will skip Quebec etap, but try contact with Immigration Quebec or CIC to ask , moving with kids its not easy too.

Quovadis

Aug 11, 2017
Hello, I'm just wondering: my lawyer sent the H&C application in November2016, and now it's August 2017. The lawyer decided this would be the best option for me (though I've been in Canada for a long time but stuck in tragic family problems). I just asked him if there's a file number, as most other cases are, but he said there would not be a number given until the initial decision is made. Is it the case in H&C? Thanks

BeaC

May 31, 2017
Hello, I'm just wondering: my lawyer sent the H&C application in November2016, and now it's August 2017. The lawyer decided this would be the best option for me (though I've been in Canada for a long time but stuck in tragic family problems). I just asked him if there's a file number, as most other cases are, but he said there would not be a number given until the initial decision is made. Is it the case in H&C? Thanks
Hello Quovadis.
In our case it was exactly like your lawyer said, we got our UCI with approval letter . But if you have Receipt Number you can check your application status in CIC website , good luck with your application

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
Hello Quovadis.
In our case it was exactly like your lawyer said, we got our UCI with approval letter . But if you have Receipt Number you can check your application status in CIC website , good luck with your application

Hello. They started processing my app last sept 26 2016 and until now i havent received any news. No 1st approval yet. Does that mean that my application will be refused? Its slmost 1 year since they started processing it. Thanks

Quovadis

Aug 11, 2017
Hello Quovadis.
Hello BeaC,

Thank you very much for your time and generosity of sharing.
May I ask: since my lawyer never mentions about UCI number or Receipt Number, at which stage shall I have that Receipt Number? I inquired him about the file number, the only thing he attached to me was a courier receipt. Nothing else.

Thanks again for your time.

Quovadis

Aug 11, 2017
Hello. They started processing my app last sept 26 2016 and until now i havent received any news. No 1st approval yet. Does that mean that my application will be refused? Its slmost 1 year since they started processing it. Thanks
Indeed that's a really long waiting. I empathize it. Hopefully it goes well with you.

BeaC

May 31, 2017
Hello BeaC,

Thank you very much for your time and generosity of sharing.
May I ask: since my lawyer never mentions about UCI number or Receipt Number, at which stage shall I have that Receipt Number? I inquired him about the file number, the only thing he attached to me was a courier receipt. Nothing else.

Thanks again for your time.
Fees for H&C ground application is 550$ for person , if you have confirmation of pay its a number there , start for R and have 9 digits , if you give a money to lawyer and he paid ask him about Official Receipt . My experience with lawyer are horrible I never cant contact with her, hope you choice a good one
Wish you all the best

BeaC

May 31, 2017
Hello mims2000
Every case is different, like you probably know , medium processing time from H & C ground is around 34 months , in my opinion if they started processing your app its good that is mean that your app is complete and you have chance. Stay strong , what is your status? Are you in Canada now?