+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H & C first stage approval inquiry

Reese88

May 29, 2015
How does CIC sends correspondence regarding the first stage approval of H&C application, do they send an email or direct postal mail? I believe it will take more than 2 years to complete the process. Also, may I know how long it takes to get this first approval.
Thanks.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Reese88 said:
How does CIC sends correspondence regarding the first stage approval of H&C application, do they send an email or direct postal mail? I believe it will take more than 2 years to complete the process. Also, may I know how long it takes to get this first approval.
Thanks.
as per the cic website the initial assessment takes 30-42 months
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

Reese88

May 29, 2015
kriv said:
as per the cic website the initial assessment takes 30-42 months
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

That's such a long wait. Do you mean to say it will take 30 months before they open your application package and receive AOR?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Reese88 said:
That's such a long wait. Do you mean to say it will take 30 months before they open your application package and receive AOR?
Yes that is what they say but it may take less time depending on the work load or performance of cic. The timeline is just a general idea of how much time it took for 80percent of the applications in the past.

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
And unfortunately ONLY 10% of applications get approvable or even less now.... :(

Usually first stage with in 1.5 year / bad or good.

PMA

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
kriv said:
Yes that is what they say but it may take less time depending on the work load or performance of cic. The timeline is just a general idea of how much time it took for 80percent of the applications in the past.
and what can you do in mean time? while your waiting for cic to approve or denied the application? are you able to you work? or how can you support yourself

many thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PMA said:
and what can you do in mean time? while your waiting for cic to approve or denied the application? are you able to you work? or how can you support yourself

many thanks
The first stage of the process (initial assessment) takes 30-42 months. You do not qualify for a work permit during this time. You only qualify for a work permit once you have first stage approval.

PMA

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
scylla said:
The first stage of the process (initial assessment) takes 30-42 months. You do not qualify for a work permit during this time. You only qualify for a work permit once you have first stage approval.
thanks for replying so how can I support my self financially through these long wait period ???

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
PMA said:
thanks for replying so how can I support my self financially through these long wait period ???
and you have to have any valid status in Canada while your waiting for cic to approve or denied the application such as Valid Visitor Visa , Temporary President permit , student visa and etc.

That mean : just apply for H&C is not give you valid status in Canada (except if you get AIP (Approvable in principal)) and not stop deportation (if person have deportation order)

If you are don't have valid status in Canada - you have to leave Canada or you became person for removable from Canada (stay illegal).

Аll depending of your current status in Canada?

Reese88

May 29, 2015
Dhudson said:
and you have to have any valid status in Canada while your waiting for cic to approve or denied the application such as Valid Visitor Visa , Temporary President permit , student visa and etc.

That mean : just apply for H&C is not give you valid status in Canada (except if you get AIP (Approvable in principal)) and not stop deportation (if person have deportation order)

If you are don't have valid status in Canada - you have to leave Canada or you became person for removable from Canada (stay illegal).

Аll depending of your current status in Canada?

When the applicant leaves the country because they've been out of status, does CIC continue to process their application?

Reese88

May 29, 2015
Dhudson said:
And unfortunately ONLY 10% of applications get approvable or even less now.... :(

Usually first stage with in 1.5 year / bad or good.

One more thing, does CIC gives open work permit to those applicants with AIP, and how many years do they give ?
Also, how to they notify the applicants, does CIC send email or direct postal mail?
Thank you.

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Reese88 said:
When the applicant leaves the country because they've been out of status, does CIC continue to process their application?
First : Applying for H&C consideration is an exceptional measure – it is not simply another means of applying for permanent resident status in Canada.

CIC will process application anyways BUT:
In 99.1% of H&C cases when person apply for Humanitarian and Compassionate application because applicant cannot leave Canada and explaining the reason and the circumstances in application why this person cannot leave Canada.

In this case if your apply for H&C because you cannot leave Canada and then leave country by yourself - CIC will continue process your application but definitely case will be rejected.
and again needs more detail about your status and application but 100% H&C is extremely hard to get it and you have to have exceptional situation.

Reese88 said:
Also, how to they notify the applicants, does CIC send email or direct postal mail?
CIC will send you direct postal mail (about AIP) approved or case was rejected.

Reese88 said:
One more thing, does CIC gives open work permit to those applicants with AIP, and how many years do they give ?
Once you got AIP - you have not worry about work permit (CIC will give work permit for all time in Canada before stage two) in basic words if you got AIP - you almost Permanent Resident except your are not criminal/security/medical inadmissibility in Canada.

Regards,
DHudson,

Reactions: M0527

PMA

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Dhudson said:
First : Applying for H&C consideration is an exceptional measure – it is not simply another means of applying for permanent resident status in Canada.

CIC will process application anyways BUT:
In 99.1% of H&C cases when person apply for Humanitarian and Compassionate application because applicant cannot leave Canada and explaining the reason and the circumstances in application why this person cannot leave Canada.

In this case if your apply for H&C because you cannot leave Canada and then leave country by yourself - CIC will continue process your application but definitely case will be rejected.
and again needs more detail about your status and application but 100% H&C is extremely hard to get it and you have to have exceptional situation.

CIC will send you direct postal mail (about AIP) approved or case was rejected.

Once you got AIP - you have not worry about work permit (CIC will give work permit for all time in Canada before stage two) in basic words if you got AIP - you almost Permanent Resident except your are not criminal/security/medical inadmissibility in Canada.

Regards,
DHudson,

so what happen if I apply for H&C and pass first stage, but still have a criminal record? will cic continue working on mu file for stage 2? will I be able land

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
PMA said:
so what happen if I apply for H&C and pass first stage, but still have a criminal record? will cic continue working on mu file for stage 2? will I be able land
In any stage of H&C application if you get criminal record (even after pass stage 2 and waiting for PR or even on the PR interview) - your are became criminal inadmissibility in Canada and unfortunately your application in 90% will be rejected!

Suspected inadmissibility – Criminal charges formally laid yet still outstanding
Where criminal charges against the applicant or any family member are outstanding and
a final decision has not yet been made legal, senior officers should delay scheduling an
appointment for confirmation of permanent residence until there is a final disposition of
the criminal charges or rejected application immediately and inform CBSA.

Also the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) performs security screening (outside Canada, include person home country, Interpol, FBI, EuroPol and etc) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) conducts screening for criminal records on behalf of CIC and person could be found inadmissibility too.

Regards,
DHudson.

PMA

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Dhudson said:
In any stage of H&C application if you get criminal record (even after pass stage 2 and waiting for PR or even on the PR interview) - your are became criminal inadmissibility in Canada and unfortunately your application in 90% will be rejected!

Suspected inadmissibility – Criminal charges formally laid yet still outstanding
Where criminal charges against the applicant or any family member are outstanding and
a final decision has not yet been made legal, senior officers should delay scheduling an
appointment for confirmation of permanent residence until there is a final disposition of
the criminal charges or rejected application immediately and inform CBSA.

Also the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) performs security screening (outside Canada, include person home country, Interpol, FBI, EuroPol and etc) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) conducts screening for criminal records on behalf of CIC and person could be found inadmissibility too.

Regards,
DHudson.
thanks for the input. but we're here already in Canada and have I was convicted last week, and have CEC application with confirmed COPR and cant land. what should I do ? apply for TRP or apply for refugee or H&C both situation works for me ( cant return home country due to civil war in Yemen, and have Canadian born child)

cheers