Getting married after PPR

allthebest90

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone, I have a minor question related to this thread. Not sure if it was already answered. I apologize in advance if it already has been.

If I get married after PPR, and they request for additional documents for my new wife, would my and her documents need to reflect our new civil status ie. Married? Meaning, does all her documents and mine need updates such as our Passports from "single" to "married"?

Thank you.

allthebest90

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
After almost 2months after submission, I finally received a medical request for my spouse. Would somebody know or at least give an estimate how long the ppr will arrive after submission of medicals? I'm worried my own medicals will expire by end of January.
Hi elle03, just a quick question about the Medicals. Did your spouse have a medical exam upfront? Or did he/she only do it after you got a request to submit medicals? Thank you.

elle03

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Nomination.....
18-12-2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
Hi elle03, just a quick question about the Medicals. Did your spouse have a medical exam upfront? Or did he/she only do it after you got a request to submit medicals? Thank you.
Hi, We only did his medicals after receiving the request letter as it was mentioned in the email before that his medicals should be done only upon request.

Reactions: allthebest90

allthebest90

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi, We only did his medicals after receiving the request letter as it was mentioned in the email before that his medicals should be done only upon request.
Did your spouse's documents need to reflect "married" instead of "single" such as the passport?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whats your current medicals status? do you (Both of you) passed?

After completion of Medicals, do you notified CIC through web form or didn't notify them?

elle03

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Nomination.....
18-12-2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
Whats your current medicals status? do you (Both of you) passed?

After completion of Medicals, do you notified CIC through web form or didn't notify them?

His medicals were done 11/11/17 and a week after, 11/19, the CIC medical status changed from in review to passed. I didn't notify them, only waited for update from them as always. Now, I'm waiting probably for interview as I was called when they sent the medical request letter that they may conduct an interview. Hopefully, it's just ppr right after and no interview. haha wishful thinking :)

Greetings

May 29, 2017
Guys,

Medical request finally, although for the four of us. As ours also expire next month. Asked to update passport photographs also... Eye colour and all that... We have 30days to submit it.

Cheers

Reactions: elle03

mbd

Nov 20, 2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
Guys,

Medical request finally, although for the four of us. As ours also expire next month. Asked to update passport photographs also... Eye colour and all that... We have 30days to submit it.

Cheers
share your complete timeline please.

allthebest90

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
His medicals were done 11/11/17 and a week after, 11/19, the CIC medical status changed from in review to passed. I didn't notify them, only waited for update from them as always. Now, I'm waiting probably for interview as I was called when they sent the medical request letter that they may conduct an interview. Hopefully, it's just ppr right after and no interview. haha wishful thinking :)
Hi elle03, your signature says you got a PPR on 15 June 2017 but you added your Spouse on 18 Sept 2017. Doesn't the PPR give you a 30 day deadline? Or did you send them an email stating that your status will be changing in a few months? If so, did they hold off and wait for your email to add your spouse? Thanks.

ashwinkala

Feb 4, 2017
Hi elle03, your signature says you got a PPR on 15 June 2017 but you added your Spouse on 18 Sept 2017. Doesn't the PPR give you a 30 day deadline? Or did you send them an email stating that your status will be changing in a few months? If so, did they hold off and wait for your email to add your spouse? Thanks.
A question around this to elle03 and the rest of the members :
Since you already received a PPR and got the stamping done and would've received an expected landing deadline -
are you expected to stay back and wait for the entire process of addition of Spouse to complete and receive the new CoPR for the both of you
OR you can still make use of the older CoPR and fly according to that, land there and in the meantime, the spouse's process can go on in parallel and once he/she receives it, they can join you in Canada?

My situation is similar to this scenario. I have a CoPR and I have to job joining date of Feb 2018. I cannot stay back. I can get married here in my home country though and inform CIC about my change in family structure and get the process started by addition of spouse. After that I can fly as per my current CoPR and join work and my spouse can join me later once her CoPR is received. Is that allowed or I am missing something here?

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
A question around this to elle03 and the rest of the members :
Since you already received a PPR and got the stamping done and would've received an expected landing deadline -
are you expected to stay back and wait for the entire process of addition of Spouse to complete and receive the new CoPR for the both of you
OR you can still make use of the older CoPR and fly according to that, land there and in the meantime, the spouse's process can go on in parallel and once he/she receives it, they can join you in Canada?

My situation is similar to this scenario. I have a CoPR and I have to job joining date of Feb 2018. I cannot stay back. I can get married here in my home country though and inform CIC about my change in family structure and get the process started by addition of spouse. After that I can fly as per my current CoPR and join work and my spouse can join me later once her CoPR is received. Is that allowed or I am missing something here?
After you inform CIC about the marraige, you will have to return your visa and COPR back to the visa office for cancellation and you will have to wait for new fresh visas and COPRs for you and your wife after they are done with your spouse processing.

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
After you inform CIC about the marraige, you will have to return your visa and COPR back to the visa office for cancellation and you will have to wait for new fresh visas and COPRs for you and your wife after they are done with your spouse processing.
What if your medicals expire by then ??