+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friend ,

I have one question . I have just started my process for canada . And also i am gonna get marry at the same time . Suppose if i get marry during my process time, would it affect my application in any way ? Bcos points are calculated with and without spouse
For your information completed ielts and eca . Gonna open express entry file . Kindly clarify me . I would be grateful if you clarify me .
Scenario 1: Married before getting ITA - Have to update profile and points get recalculated.

Scenario 2: Married after ITA but before submitting docs for PR (Post ITA and pre e-APR stage). Then also points get recalculated.

Scenario 3: Married after submitting docs for PR (Post e-APR stage). In this stage points wont get recalculated.

Reactions: acheandre

Rahmanar

Oct 28, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Scenario 1: Married before getting ITA - Have to update profile and points get recalculated.

Scenario 2: Married after ITA but before submitting docs for PR (Post ITA and pre e-APR stage). Then also points get recalculated.

Scenario 3: Married after submitting docs for PR (Post e-APR stage). In this stage points wont get recalculated.
So it won t affect my application or process in anyway right ..the thing i need to do is i have to update my profile as per your points right ? I can process my application and marriage parallely right.

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
But she is already late by 2 months in informing and got married before getting COPR. So would CIC even entertain her application now?
If she doesn't register the marriage and inform CIC that she got married, they will ask to submit a marriage certificate. So she can't report the marriage as she is not legally married at this moment.
1 option: She could add her partner as common-law, but will have to proof the cohabitation of their relationship for the last twelve months (living in the same address, mutual life insurance etc.).
2 option :They can register the marriage and inform CIC. The valid date of the marriage will be the one on the marriage certificate. The traditional wedding (this is not legal wedding) took place earlier and they decided to register legally in court after that. Makes sense.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So it won t affect my application or process in anyway right ..the thing i need to do is i have to update my profile as per your points right ? I can process my application and marriage parallely right.
yeah, you can.

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
If she doesn't register the marriage and inform CIC that she got married, they will ask to submit a marriage certificate. So she can't report the marriage as she is not legally married at this moment.
1 option: She could add her partner as common-law, but will have to proof the cohabitation of their relationship for the last twelve months (living in the same address, mutual life insurance etc.).
2 option :They can register the marriage and inform CIC. The valid date of the marriage will be the one on the marriage certificate. The traditional wedding (this is not legal wedding) took place earlier and they decided to register legally in court after that. Makes sense.
So what i gather is she can inform CIC that the traditional marriage took lace earlier however the legal marriage is being done at a later date

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
So what i gather is she can inform CIC that the traditional marriage took lace earlier however the legal marriage is being done at a later date
If they ask yes, she can explain the situation like this. But my opinion is that CIC won't be interested about exact dates.
The sufficient thing they want to see is marriage certificate and photos that some kind of ceremony, party etc. was held.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Friends,

My question may not pertain to this thread but I thought I can get an answer here. I am adding my spouse to my application and I have not got my PPR yet. I have been asked to fill IMM 0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada. In the dependent section I wanted to know if other than my wife would I need to add my parents and siblings also. In the IMM0008 guidance page it is written that if you donot include them now you will not be able to sponsor them later. Please see the note from the page.

"Important
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/step-by-step.asp#education

I wanted to seek guidance here as I am sending her documents by Monday 20 Nov 2017.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

My question may not pertain to this thread but I thought I can get an answer here. I am adding my spouse to my application and I have not got my PPR yet. I have been asked to fill IMM 0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada. In the dependent section I wanted to know if other than my wife would I need to add my parents and siblings also. In the IMM0008 guidance page it is written that if you donot include them now you will not be able to sponsor them later. Please see the note from the page.

"Important
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/step-by-step.asp#education

I wanted to seek guidance here as I am sending her documents by Monday 20 Nov 2017.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
Spouse and children (If have) only.

mbd

Nov 20, 2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
PPR 16 Nov 17 (NDVO)
Marriage 10 Dec 17
Dead line to submit passport - 15 Dec 17
Marriage certificate time line - 7 days after application

What to do?
@deadbird @Ufa6174

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Spouse and children (If have) only.
Hi gowthamp,

I have one other question. NDVO has asked me to submit the Notarized Birth Certificate of my wife. I got her Birth Certificate from a Govt licensed agent called MEE SEVA KENDRA ( this is the only way to get Birth Certificates in Telangana State.). The back side of the certificate has the seal of this agent and it is completely in Telugu. I wanted to know if translation or explanation in an LOE is required?. Please reply. I can send you the copy for your check if you have an email.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

Apr 6, 2017
Hi gowthamp,

I have one other question. NDVO has asked me to submit the Notarized Birth Certificate of my wife. I got her Birth Certificate from a Govt licensed agent called MEE SEVA KENDRA ( this is the only way to get Birth Certificates in Telangana State.). The back side of the certificate has the seal if this agent and it is completely in Telugu. I wanted to know if translation or explanation in an LOE is required?. Please reply. I can send you the copy for your check if you have an email.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
Is it written in your request letter/email that documents other than English/French need to be translated?

It is written in my request letter: Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
PPR 16 Nov 17 (NDVO)
Marriage 10 Dec 17
Dead line to submit passport - 15 Dec 17
Marriage certificate time line - 7 days after application

What to do?
@deadbird @Ufa6174
Not sure, it's a difficult situation. I went through the same headache, however, luckily I was able to submit all the documents on time.

Some approaches for you:
- Email them right now and tell them your situation
- Get married, get receipts for marriage, pictures or anything that would add evidence that you just got married and email them after a few days but before the deadline.

I've not heard of anyone getting rejected because of this; but I would advise you to do your due diligence and follow up timely and with sufficient evidence.

Good luck.!

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi gowthamp,

I have one other question. NDVO has asked me to submit the Notarized Birth Certificate of my wife. I got her Birth Certificate from a Govt licensed agent called MEE SEVA KENDRA ( this is the only way to get Birth Certificates in Telangana State.). The back side of the certificate has the seal of this agent and it is completely in Telugu. I wanted to know if translation or explanation in an LOE is required?. Please reply. I can send you the copy for your check if you have an email.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
As "08082017" metioned, all docs other than in English/French have to be translated and notarized.

For me they asked for "Copy of Spouse's Birth certificate" and it is in English and no issues.

Isn't it possible to get Birth Certificate with everything in English?

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Is it written in your request letter/email that documents other than English/French need to be translated?

It is written in my request letter: Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators.

Hi 08082017,

The text of the Birth Certificate is both in English. However the signature and seal of the Government Authorized agent ( this is the only way to apply for documents in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh) is in Telugu. My question is will seal and signature of the agent demand Translation?.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016

Hi 08082017,

It is not written in the email that "documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators." In my case the document is both in English and Telugu. It is the seal and signature of the agent, priting the Birth Certificate that is in Telugu. The agent is a government authorized person but is not Govt employee or official. Does this require translation?.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala