Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR 16 Nov 17 (NDVO)
Marriage 10 Dec 17
Dead line to submit passport - 15 Dec 17
Marriage certificate time line - 7 days after application

What to do?
@deadbird @Ufa6174
- You could send in passport, get COPR, then send it back to invalidate COPR after you notify them of marriage like I did (they'll ask for your passport back).
- Or you could notify them Dec 10. You don't need to have the marriage certificate on-hand at that time. By the time they reply and ask for all the docs (including the MC) you'd have received it.

What if your medicals expire by then ??
You'd be asked to redo them.

Reactions: mbd

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to redo medicals for Primary Applicant to include spouse.
If Primary Applicant medicals expire - IRCC may ask to redo medicals for Primary Applicant or in some cases they extended medicals validity.

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
No need to redo medicals for Primary Applicant to include spouse.
If Primary Applicant medicals expire - IRCC may ask to redo medicals for Primary Applicant or in some cases they extended medicals validity.
Okay! Someone told me they may refuse the pr if meds expire. that doesn't happen right?? I mean redoing the medicals is always an option right?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay! Someone told me they may refuse the pr if meds expire. that doesn't happen right?? I mean redoing the medicals is always an option right?
They don't refuse due to expiry of medicals. They request for new medicals.

Reactions: CANPRI

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
What if your medicals expire by then ??
You will have do redo medicals or you will get an extension. Anyway you will get instructions from CIC.

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
You'll also be asked for a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire. As well as the following:

- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)

BTW Congratulations!!
I got married two weeks after the passport request and have been requested for IMM5532( Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation), a questionnaire that requires info on my monthly income over the past five years. Will the amount in any way affect their consideration ?

I submitted further documents as per their request a week ago and when I checked up my account today, I found my husband's UCI. Does this mean he has passed completeness and medical examination? Or at least they are reviewing those documents (because if otherwise, they wouldn't have known my husband's name)?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got married two weeks after the passport request and have been requested for IMM5532( Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation), a questionnaire that requires info on my monthly income over the past five years. Will the amount in any way affect their consideration ?

I submitted further documents as per their request a week ago and when I checked up my account today, I found my husband's UCI. Does this mean he has passed completeness and medical examination? Or at least they are reviewing those documents (because if otherwise, they wouldn't have known my husband's name)?
They add spouse name and UCI to the list -->If upfront medicals are not done, IRCC request for medicals -->if required Additional documents -->PPR.

Regarding salary, I didn't see that question while adding my spouse documents. Can you provide more info where is it asked?

Reactions: CathyKellyChen

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His medicals were done 11/11/17 and a week after, 11/19, the CIC medical status changed from in review to passed. I didn't notify them, only waited for update from them as always. Now, I'm waiting probably for interview as I was called when they sent the medical request letter that they may conduct an interview. Hopefully, it's just ppr right after and no interview. haha wishful thinking :)
Hello elle03, any update on your application?
If you don't mind, can you tell what is "Review of additional documents" and "background check" showing in the application details?
Thanks.

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
They add spouse name and UCI to the list -->If upfront medicals are not done, IRCC request for medicals -->if required Additional documents -->PPR.

Regarding salary, I didn't see that question while adding my spouse documents. Can you provide more info where is it asked?
Search for IMM5532E on IRCC's webstie , download it, and you'll find the salary-related question on its first page. I doublechecked my documents today, and found my husband hadn't signed IMM5406(additonal family information) before the scanning and uploading!!! I'm thinking about getting it right and uploading again...

BTW, I received a donotreply email today and found the 'additional documents' slot in my EE account has changed to 'being reviewed'; my deadline of submitting additional documents is 30th Nov, I hope re-uploading today shall do the trick.

How's everything going with u ? Gowthamp ?

elle03

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Nomination.....
18-12-2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
Hello elle03, any update on your application?
If you don't mind, can you tell what is "Review of additional documents" and "background check" showing in the application details?
Thanks.

Hi,
I was called mid last week and asked if I would be able to travel to Canada by January as my medical will already be expiring and I responded yes. No update since then. I'm hoping for a PPR very soon since January is nearing.
Additional documents says not needed, background check-in process and Final decision - application is in progress.

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
Hi Everyone, I have a minor question related to this thread. Not sure if it was already answered. I apologize in advance if it already has been.

If I get married after PPR, and they request for additional documents for my new wife, would my and her documents need to reflect our new civil status ie. Married? Meaning, does all her documents and mine need updates such as our Passports from "single" to "married"?

Thank you.
Hi, allthebest, I'm wondering why u didn't apply under FSW stream ? with your IELTs scores, it would've been easy to get ITAed without an additional 600 points.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Search for IMM5532E on IRCC's webstie , download it, and you'll find the salary-related question on its first page. I doublechecked my documents today, and found my husband hadn't signed IMM5406(additonal family information) before the scanning and uploading!!! I'm thinking about getting it right and uploading again...

BTW, I received a donotreply email today and found the 'additional documents' slot in my EE account has changed to 'being reviewed'; my deadline of submitting additional documents is 30th Nov, I hope re-uploading today shall do the trick.

How's everything going with u ? Gowthamp ?
Hi @CathyKellyChen
They didn't ask me IMM5532E document. I don't know why.

Have you submitted IMM5562E document?
I know, everyone should check docs few times, but just want to know did you mistakenly submitted IMM5532E instead of IMM5562E document.

Once you transmit (complete submission) documents to IRCC, you can't upload again. You have to submit through CaseSpecificEnquiry only.

So far everything looks fine with our application. Spouse received medicals request and passed.

Last edited:

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I was called mid last week and asked if I would be able to travel to Canada by January as my medical will already be expiring and I responded yes. No update since then. I'm hoping for a PPR very soon since January is nearing.
Additional documents says not needed, background check-in process and Final decision - application is in progress.
Oh nice elleo3.
All the best and hopefully you will receive PPR very soon.

Last edited: