+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

Indiancreative

Oct 29, 2017
Hi Everyone..what is the list of documents required by cic after adding spouse? And how much time do they give to submit those documents?

Indiancreative

Oct 29, 2017
I read somewhere that they are giving 7 days to submit the documents which is too less. If that happens can we request them to give more time?

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
Dear All.
Someone I know got married in a traditional ceremony, however she has not yet registered the marriage.
But after that she got PPR and now has Visa with the COPR also.
If she gets the marriage registered now with the old date and informs CIC will that work for her ?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All.
Someone I know got married in a traditional ceremony, however she has not yet registered the marriage.
But after that she got PPR and now has Visa with the COPR also.
If she gets the marriage registered now with the old date and informs CIC will that work for her ?
Does your friend married after COPR or before?
While submitting the passport for COPR, CIC asks about the change in family composition.

If she mentioned single (Even though married), she can't have marriage registered on actual date.

Last edited:

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
Does your friend married after COPR or before?
While submitting the passport for COPR, CIC asks about the change in family composition.

If she mentioned single (Even though married), she can't have marriage registered on actual date.
I think she was married before COPR but the marriage was not legally registered so she did not inform while sending passport for stamping.
If she gets her marriage registered now in current date, will that work for her?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think she was married before COPR but the marriage was not legally registered so she did not inform while sending passport for stamping.
If she gets her marriage registered now in current date, will that work for her?
Technically she could, but this comes under misrepresentation. May be some experienced persons answer this better than me.
If CIC finds about this later, they may cancel PR status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This will cause big problems. She should not fake out the marriage registration date.

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
So the situation is that my friend got married in September and did not inform CIC. Now she has got Visa stamped with COPR. She has got time until February for landing. If she wants to inform CIC of the marriage what is the best course of action for her now ? Should she withdraw the application and apply again to go through the same steps or is there any other way out?

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
So the situation is that my friend got married in September and did not inform CIC. Now she has got Visa stamped with COPR. She has got time until February for landing. If she wants to inform CIC of the marriage what is the best course of action for her now ? Should she withdraw the application and apply again to go through the same steps or is there any other way out?
She need to inform CIC immediately about marriage. They will ask her to return the visa and the COPR. After that she will get instructions to submit additionally forms and documents for her spouse. CIC will have to process her spouse also (PCC,Medicals, etc.) and then they will issue a new visas and COPRs for both of them.

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
But she is already late by 2 months in informing and got married before getting COPR. So would CIC even entertain her application now?

Greetings

May 29, 2017
Technically she could, but this comes under misrepresentation. May be some experienced persons answer this better than me.
If CIC finds about this later, they may cancel PR status.
It's better she gets the marriage registered and then use the date.... If not... It's a pointer to misrepresentation.

Rahmanar

Oct 28, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Regarding second question - Only landing is enough. But remember, you won't be able to enter Canada without PR card - not even using COPR, unless you are entering by road from US, so make sure someone couriers you the PR cards before you plan to enter Canada again.
Hi friend ,

I have one question . I have just started my process for canada . And also i am gonna get marry at the same time . Suppose if i get marry during my process time, would it affect my application in any way ? Bcos points are calculated with and without spouse
For your information completed ielts and eca . Gonna open express entry file . Kindly clarify me . I would be grateful if you clarify me .