+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows "Eligibility: Review Required"...Let's get together here!

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi all + especially @HarrisZhou and @legalfalcon

It will be very helpful if you guys can help me with these questions
I need some advice for my immigration case.
I am currently working in Montreal. I have submitted express entry profile and
I am in the pool now. I have a CRS score of 489 and so most likely I will get
an ITA in the next round. I have also got a job offer from a company in Toronto
and so I am planning to move to Toronto and start working in this new position
on February 11. The last round of ITA took place on January 10th and so I am hoping
that the next round will take place before February 11.
I am currently on a Post graduate work permit which expires on April 25, 2019. So I
do not have much time to apply for PR and then BOWP.

Now based on my above profile I have the following questions
1. I have lived in Montreal for 4.5 years and only now I am moving to Ontario, due to
new job offer. Hence, from VO perspective is this new job in Ontario a good source of
ties and reasons to stay outside Quebec. Will VO still ask me for intent to live outside
quebec?
2. If I receive ITA before 11 Feburary, should I apply for PR immediately? or should I
apply for PR only after moving to Toronto? I do not want to get stuck in eligibility review
due to quebec problem if possible.
3. I have not mentioned this new job offer in my express entry profile since I did not
have that offer when I submitted the profile. Hence, Can i add it after receiving ITA?
i already have 2.5 years experience with my current employer so I do not need this new
offer for points. It is mosly to show my ties to Ontario.
4. I will also need to change my place of residence after receiving ITA. Is that okay?
Hi, I have a friend who has similar experience as you and he has landed now. So I guess you will be fine. To answer your question.
1, This is a very strong tie but according to my friend's application history, you will get a PRF letter around two weeks later after the mep. You just need to show them your lease and job offer I think then you can get ppr very soon. (For your case I suggest you do not attach the "intention to live out of quebec" first, because your eligibility will be cleared more quickly)
2, If you get ita, apply immediately, because even you move to ontario, in high possiblibily you will get prf letter, it is the same as you apply in Quebec and then move.
3, If the offer is not needed for claiming points, do not add it. The simpler the document the quicker you can get ppr.
4, After you get the ITA, and even you submit your application, you can always change your residence. Actually they didn't identify your residence simply by the address you wrote in the profile, but it more dependes on the proof (lease, contract or even driving licence).
Good luck to you and to all the applicants in Quebec!

Qbozz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Received my GCMS notes January 19, 2019. I am AOR June 11th 2018. My file says "Eligibility - Not Met" but they have not rejected me and under the notes section there is concern that the job duties and description were not provided. I submitted my Job duties and description yesterday (January 22, 2019) via the webform. I hope that will help. My concern is that my eligibility says not met and my file mas not been looked at since July 2018 so why did they not reject my application then? It still says my application is open and in progress.

Notes Say the following:"***Review REQUIRED by Officer - Work Experience*** A11.2 ALL Valid Ready to Finalize PNP Triage: Remains in Canada. CIVIL STATUS: No Concerns PA. PNP Nomination matches current residence (BC) - Nomination Validity: Original - Case Type: Economic Case. - Schedule 4 on file: Yes. A11.2 CRA Assessment: Appears Met CRS Score at ITA 1035 Min CRS Score for round 444 CRS Score at APR 1035 Total CRS points assessed: 995***600 - Provincial Nomination - Verified by CIO***_____________WORK EXPERIENCE: Qualifying Period 11JUN2015 to 10Jun2018 1) NOC 1241 2016/11 to 201707 at XXXXXXX submitted letters of reference which are assessed as follows: EDOCSxxxxxxx The duties listed in the letters of reference DID NOT appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC code. The letters of reference DID NOT appear to be consistent with a number of the main duties in the NOC code. The letters of reference appear to demonstrate that PA met minimum requirement of 12 months of work experience. ADDITIONAL NOTES: NO DUTIES PROVIDED 2) NOC 1113 2017/07 to present. The duties listed in the letters DID NOT appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under NOC code selected. The letters of reference DID NOT appear to be consistent with a number of main duties under NOC code selected. The letters of reference appear to demonstrate that PA DID NOT accumulate 12 months of work experience. PA meets education requirements."

The transition between NOC 1241 to 1113 was a promotion within the firm. and if my eligibility says "Not Met" in my GCMS notes why did they not reject me? I already sent webforms with the job description and duties for both my jobs on a letter head along with a letter from my manager late in December 2018. I had forgotten to attache the duties for the jobs with my uploads.

Any advice?

Thank you

Last edited:

shehzad_7866

Jul 30, 2014
Received my GCMS notes January 19, 2019. I am AOR June 11th 2018. My file says "Eligibility - Not Met" but they have not rejected me and under the notes section there is concern that the job duties and description were not provided. I submitted my Job duties and description yesterday (January 22, 2019) via the webform. I hope that will help. My concern is that my eligibility says not met and my file mas not been looked at since July 2018 so why did they not reject my application then? It still says my application is open and in progress.

Notes Say the following:"***Review REQUIRED by Officer - Work Experience*** A11.2 ALL Valid Ready to Finalize PNP Triage: Remains in Canada. CIVIL STATUS: No Concerns PA. PNP Nomination matches current residence (BC) - Nomination Validity: Original - Case Type: Economic Case. - Schedule 4 on file: Yes. A11.2 CRA Assessment: Appears Met CRS Score at ITA 1035 Min CRS Score for round 444 CRS Score at APR 1035 Total CRS points assessed: 995***600 - Provincial Nomination - Verified by CIO***_____________WORK EXPERIENCE: Qualifying Period 11JUN2015 to 10Jun2018 1) NOC 1241 2016/11 to 201707 at XXXXXXX submitted letters of reference which are assessed as follows: EDOCSxxxxxxx The duties listed in the letters of reference DID NOT appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC code. The letters of reference DID NOT appear to be consistent with a number of the main duties in the NOC code. The letters of reference appear to demonstrate that PA met minimum requirement of 12 months of work experience. ADDITIONAL NOTES: NO DUTIES PROVIDED 2) NOC 1113 2017/07 to present. The duties listed in the letters DID NOT appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under NOC code selected. The letters of reference DID NOT appear to be consistent with a number of main duties under NOC code selected. The letters of reference appear to demonstrate that PA DID NOT accumulate 12 months of work experience. PA meets education requirements."

The transition between NOC 1241 to 1113 was a promotion within the firm. and if my eligibility says "Not Met" in my GCMS notes why did they not reject me? I already sent webforms with the job description and duties for both my jobs on a letter head along with a letter from my manager late in December 2018. I had forgotten to attache the duties for the jobs with my uploads.

Any advice?

Thank you
I am exactly in the same boat as you.
Need some Expert Advice here Please...

AOR is 23rd February 2018, (Inland Applicant)
No update since then, applied for GCMS notes in October, received in November, they mention Eligibility = Review Required as they are unable to confim the NOC skill level of my Canadian job, as i failed to provide them a letter of my company that explains my duties & responsibility. (But i did uploaded my letter of employment which tells my job title, pay and joining date)

It says :
UNABLE TO CONFIRM THE NOC FOR WORK EXPERIENCE WITH 'XXXX'. CRS AND MIN REQUIREMENT NOT MET. PLEASE REVIEW A11.2 : Review Required R87.1 : CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required

My total CRS was 459 when i applied, out of which 40 is for the canadian job, they have successfully reviewed 419 points so far.
All these happened around March/April, since then, my file has not been updated or even touched, They have not Rejected my application yet.

I immediately uploaded that Duties & Responsibilities document within 1 week after receiving the GCMS notes in November, Since then, no update yet. i have now applied for another set of GCMS notes in January, might receive it by next month.
fingers crossed. what do i do now?

I am not in Canada any more and have resigned from my job after working there for 2 years,, i don't even know if i would've ever received an interview call from CIC as im not in canada.

please help :(

Last edited:

Qbozz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019

No update since then, applied for GCMS notes in October, received in November, they mention Eligibility = Review Required as they are unable to confim the NOC skill level of my Canadian job, as i failed to provide them a letter of my company that explains my duties & responsibility. (But i did uploaded my letter of employment which tells my job title, pay and joining date)

It says :
UNABLE TO CONFIRM THE NOC FOR WORK EXPERIENCE WITH 'XXXX'. CRS AND MIN REQUIREMENT NOT MET. PLEASE REVIEW A11.2 : Review Required R87.1 : CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required

My total CRS was 459 when i applied, out of which 40 is for the canadian job, they have successfully reviewed 419 points so far.
All these happened around March/April, since then, my file has not been updated or even touched, They have not Rejected my application yet.

I immediately uploaded that Duties & Responsibilities document within 1 week after receiving the GCMS notes in November, Since then, no update yet. i have now applied for another set of GCMS notes in January, might receive it by next month.

I am not in Canada any more and have resigned from my job after working there for 2 years,, i don't even know if i would've ever received an interview call from CIC as im not in canada.

After you submitted the job description and duties, how long did you have to wait till they reply and confirm they have attached the documents to your file? I submitted my docs via webform on Jan 22 and no confirmation that they have attached the doc to my file.

shehzad_7866

Jul 30, 2014
After you submitted the job description and duties, how long did you have to wait till they reply and confirm they have attached the documents to your file? I submitted my docs via webform on Jan 22 and no confirmation that they have attached the doc to my file.
Within 2 days they sent me an email to confirm that they have successfully received my documents and have forwarded it to officer/application.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Hi all,

I am almost in similar boats as you....
Eligibility not met - By mistake mentioned incorrect NOC code on form (2281) but all experience and explanations were attached for NOC 2282.
I found out about 'eligibility not met' by calling CIC. Since then I have raised CSE to rectify my NOC to correct one.

I received confirmation about CSE upload within 3 days. Anything else that can be done to find out if officer accepted the rectification?

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
Hi all,

I am almost in similar boats as you....
Eligibility not met - By mistake mentioned incorrect NOC code on form (2281) but all experience and explanations were attached for NOC 2282.
I found out about 'eligibility not met' by calling CIC. Since then I have raised CSE to rectify my NOC to correct one.

I received confirmation about CSE upload within 3 days. Anything else that can be done to find out if officer accepted the rectification?
That's a huge mistake.
You have to upload correct NOC job duties by your employer then include an LOE explain your situation that makes them understand to decide next.
Don't worry ...everything will be ok. Just wait until they ask anything from you.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
That's a huge mistake.
You have to upload correct NOC job duties by your employer then include an LOE explain your situation that makes them understand to decide next.
Don't worry ...everything will be ok. Just wait until they ask anything from you.
My NOC duties and everything else is correct...Only mistake is I mentioned incorrect NOC (2281) on the main application form instead of 2282. Just a typo....All my explanations with original application are for 2282....So I raised a CSE just to rectify my mistake on main form...No reply yet...lets see

Last edited:
Reactions: SRayhan87

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
My NOC duties and everything else is correct...Only mistake is I mentioned incorrect NOC (2281) on the main application form instead of 2282. Just a typo....All my explanations with original explanation are for 2282....So I raised a CSE just to rectify my mistake on main form...No reply yet...lets see
Don't worry.
They will understand this is a silly mistake. You submitted an LOE with correct NOC, that's enough. Just be patience, keep the faith. You will be ok.

Reactions: NZ_ozzie

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Don't worry.
They will understand this is a silly mistake. You submitted an LOE with correct NOC, that's enough. Just be patience, keep the faith. You will be ok.
Thanks a lot for the assurance...All the best to you too...

ROTORRES

Dec 19, 2018
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
23-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
I am in the same boat with NOC discrepancies. I have no idea why they are looking at 2174 NOC and saying PA has no experience in that NOC while I had submitted my PNP in 2171 NOC and got invited to apply.

Should I send CSE and and provide the Employer Reference Letter that I submitted for PNP and with LOE?

Please advise.

Thanks,
V
what happened to your file?

shaggy.saha

Oct 2, 2018
I

It says :

I am in exact same situation. My AOR is Feb 27, 2018. Eligibility = Review Required. After April 9 it does not seem that there was any movement in my file. I did send them several documents along the way. But I am still awaiting. Do you have any update now?

shehzad_7866

Jul 30, 2014
I

I am in exact same situation. My AOR is Feb 27, 2018. Eligibility = Review Required. After April 9 it does not seem that there was any movement in my file. I did send them several documents along the way. But I am still awaiting. Do you have any update now?
hi there, i got my PR golden email on 15th february. i am very happy now. honestly i was only expecting the 2nd set of gcms notes, but 1st i received the PR email, and after a few hrs i received the gcms notes, but there was no difference in the gcms notes as compared to the 1st set of it.

Rudra@5593

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
hi there, i got my PR golden email on 15th february. i am very happy now. honestly i was only expecting the 2nd set of gcms notes, but 1st i received the PR email, and after a few hrs i received the gcms notes, but there was no difference in the gcms notes as compared to the 1st set of it.
Hey what was your AOR