+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows "Eligibility: Review Required"...Let's get together here!

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Dear folks,
In my last GCMS notes, I found my eligibility went to another round of review. which shows ""Review Required". And I am CEC inland and my AOR is in September 2016. I have waited for 9 and a half month.
After reading the forums, I found actually I am not alone, quite a few people are on the same boat. That's why I open this thread and let's share our updates here and wish everybody good luck in next half of the year!

Reactions: jessy87

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear folks,
In my last GCMS notes, I found my eligibility went to another round of review. which shows ""Review Required". And I am CEC inland and my AOR is in September 2016. I have waited for 9 and a half month.
After reading the forums, I found actually I am not alone, quite a few people are on the same boat. That's why I open this thread and let's share our updates here and wish everybody good luck in next half of the year!
Hi Shamrock16, did your notes show at any previous stage that the eligibility has been passed? Or has it always stated "review required"? And your security?

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hi Shamrock16, did your notes show at any previous stage that the eligibility has been passed? Or has it always stated "review required"? And your security?
It has been passed and officer sent to the 2nd round of review by saying "Recommendation: review required".
And R10 ok, A 11.2 appears met. R87.1 appears met. Criminal passed. Security not applicable.

Reactions: Tomi2

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It has been passed and officer sent to the 2nd round of review by saying "Recommendation: review required".
And R10 ok, A 11.2 appears met. R87.1 appears met. Criminal passed. Security not applicable.
This is quite strange. When was your eligibility passed originally and when did they change it back to recommendation: review required? Was it recommended passed or stated Passed before the changes? Are there any specific reasons you can see in the notes section at the end of your notes as to why they are requesting a review again? What are their concerns?

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
This is quite strange. When was your eligibility passed originally and when did they change it back to recommendation: review required? Was it recommended passed or stated Passed before the changes? Are there any specific reasons you can see in the notes section at the end of your notes as to why they are requesting a review again? What are their concerns?
I didn't see anything improper in the notes, except that 'other requirement' is "in progress" since November, which I suppose they were planning an interview to me. Problem is I went back to home country for holiday in November and they didn't find me when they called my work place.
they called another time in January and gave me a telephone interview for one hour. I suppose they were suspicious of my job because they didn't find me at first time. But it has been 5 months after the interview, still nothing updated in my file, which is weird.
I think once eligibility went to another review, the case had been kicked out of EE system, meaning I will never expect a normal processing for the application. I'm just wondering if there are any seniors have this kind of experience and how long this is gonna take?

justinw1234

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
My eligibility changed to 'Review Required' in October 2016 after 'general' review. I didn't see CIC make eligibility assessment until March. Only eligibility 'review required' after 'general review'. My criminal started in September and didn't finalize until March (it shows the due date is September 2017 on my GCMS note). My AOR was September 10, 2016. I was wondering if I was kicked out from the express entry and there's no timeline for me. This is my 10th month since AOR.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
Dear folks,
I was just wondering if there was any update on your case as im now also undergoing a second round of Eligibility review after initially being passed.

vickspat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Nomination.....
ITA:24-03-2017(CRS:444)
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-19-2017
Anyone who got pass this step ever?

Even my case is stuck in "Eligibility review" for more than 3 months now due to job roles & responsibility not specified on official letterhead by one of the employer.We have already uploaded a new reference letter through CSE webform 4 weeks ago. Still no movement.

This is making very nervous now. Any thoughts or advice on my case?
AOR: April 01, CEC Inland, Medical: Passed, R10: Ok, BG: IP1 (I suppose)

vickspat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-19-2017
Not yet, mine is still eligibility review required and I am a CEC September 2016 applicant.
That's really heartbreaking. Did you order GCMS notes recently to know what's going on with your case? I mean, close to 11 months that's way too long I reckon for a CEC applicant.

Last edited:

chinnieM

Aug 4, 2017
Hi guys, please I guess it only Gcms notes that can tell if eligibility is being reviewed but I just want to know, what does the background check status say? Is it Ip1,Na2 or IP2? Also can one tell if you order for gcms notes why exactly it's been reviewed? E.g. Work related, degree? I always thought security screening is the only level that could keep one for so long.

vickspat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-19-2017
So, what I reckon is if your GCMS notes says - Eligibility Review Required, then most probably you are in IP1 irrespective of what your BG check status say on cic account.

Usually, the case officer's note/comment will give you a fair idea about what is concerning him about your case to let you pass Eligibility.

Reactions: chinnieM

chinnieM

Aug 4, 2017
So, what I reckon is if your GCMS notes says - Eligibility Review Required, then most probably you are in IP1 irrespective of what your BG check status say on cic account.

Usually, the case officer's note/comment will give you a fair idea about what is concerning him about your case to let you pass Eligibility.[/QUOTE

Thanks.. so after that still comes criminality and security? Please, if you are able to have an idea of what the review is all about and you have something that could convince the officer, can CSE help?

vickspat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-19-2017
Yes, CSE seems to be the only option if you have additional documents to substantiate your claim about work experience\education. But again, it takes about 30 days for them to acknowledge a CSE & have documents attached to your file.

It could be too late in certain cases should case officer make a decision in the meantime. Just wondering if you are in same boat. If yes, do you mind sharing your case to have a better understanding of it?