+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

esc

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Exactly my logic here. If they don't process my file by July (and they won't), they will shift their resources to process the new files within the 6 months timeline. Which means that I am looking at 2+ years in the BEST CASE scenario.

Which is what is happening with PNP guys right now.
PNP Nov 2020 AOR
I'm losing it, not gonna lie

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Money is not an issue. I talked to one lawyer about mandamus and he was honest about it. He said that it will most likely fail. The successful mandamus applications are the ones that are approved in principle and just sit there.

Based on my last conversation with agent in March (end of March), my eligibility is not started, security not started, etc.
If your eligibility hasn't even started, for over a year I'll suggest you request for GCMS to see if there's any concerns on your file. You are FSW, right? When did you receive AOR and MEP?

fdelliott2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2021
  • To support family reunification, the immediate family members included in a principal applicant’s permanent residence application who are outside of Canada will be eligible to get their own open work permit.
Ok maybe stupid question on the above point. Would this also apply to spousal sponsorships where the partner is outside of Canada, or is this only for Express Entry. Any ideas?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I hope this helps.

Immigration categoryPersons as of Mar. 15
Canadian Experience Class (EE)10,388
Canadian Experience Class (No EE)107
Federal Skilled Workers (C-50)190
Federal Skilled Workers (EE)41,336
Federal Skilled Workers (Pre C-50)23
Skilled Trades (EE)589
Skilled Trades (No EE)3
When you post official info from IRCC, you need to include the link from where you got it from.

Kindly edit this post and add the referenced link. Thank you.

Reactions: neemish
D

Deleted member 1083629

If your eligibility hasn't even started, for over a year I'll suggest you request for GCMS to see if there's any concerns on your file. You are FSW, right? When did you receive AOR and MEP?
I requested them. Still haven’t received them. Why do you think that there would be any concerns? I thought concerns arise when they actually start reviewing the file

D

Deleted member 1083629

Mep in February 2021. Aor January 2021. My spouse is still waiting for her bil. I gave my biometrics before I applied for PR.

Last edited by a moderator:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
When you post official info from IRCC, you need to include the link from where you got it from.

Kindly edit this post and add the referenced link. Thank you.
i am wondering why this man much forcing this thread to see his analysis. at this point of time i believe nobody is waiting for analysis but a draw to pull themselves in

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
More like a minority)) come on, man )) I looked at all of the provinces to see what would the best one for softwares and Ontario had the most jobs and companies. BC is after that but salaries in bc for SDEs are lower. Alberta is trying to get there but we will see if that happens. I think they opened Amazon there, right?
I interviewed with a whole lotta companies at the start of the year. There are virtually no SDE opportunities outside of Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Kitchener-Waterloo. But a lot of them were offering remote roles anywhere in Canada.

But the software industry in Toronto has been growing on steroids during the pandemic - pretty much every silicon valley company has a branch there now. In 2018/2019, it was just Amazon (and Google in Kitchener).

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Oh, is this how Australia doing it? I thought they had a list of qualifying NOCs and if you are in it, then you are fine. So, do they give extra points for having a certain NOC?
i
Yeah, different cutoffs for different NOCs. If your NOC isn't listed, there is a general cutoff which is higher.