Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I think if you have the paperwork you can identify yourself as whatever you want, it's up to you.

I would just find it a bit strange to go around identifying yourself as Canadian/American, the moment you got citizenship, because i would expect what defines your identity more is where you're from originally and where you spent your formative years. But that's just my perspective.

At the end of the day it's about where the person identifies the most with, and i understand that desire to identify more with a country where you've immigrated to which has given you greater opportunities and where you've lived for some time.

The one specification i'd make for indians is because they can't have dual citizenship, technically the moment they obtain another citizenship, they aren't Indian citizens, they are at most OCIs. So you can identify yourself as Indian but not an Indian citizen, so there are some semantics involved. It may make more sense to say they're American/Canadian from that standpoint.
There are many reason or a combination of the reasons why people immigrate. Among them are seeking better life, better opportunities are pretty big ones and then there are people who are trying to escape something or escape a certain image. Usually when you care about later more, you tend to give your acquired citizenship a lot more importance. Otherwise, its a beaurocratic thing.

I mean, I will pay all my dues to my host country, I will ensure I add value to their country (if I open business by jobs, if I am employed then by IP/patents I make, by volunteering for bear counting (yes, I want to do that once I get off my closed work permit), by volunteering for lookout for wild fires.

That said, I have always felt peace with the fact that I was born and raised in India so I have no wish to pretend to be what I am not.

gschostack

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
Do you guys know when there will be new draws ofr FSW?
Things are getting back to normal, but still haven't heard anything on the return of these draws.
thanks

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
You know I'm ok with waiting months but nowadays I keep wondering if it's really worth it spending all my time and money to immigrate to such a pathetic country... Everywhere things are back to normal, even in my shitty ass third world country, no covid and no after effects. Jobs are back, official and private operations are back, government works at normal pace, life is back. Then we have this supposed first-world and G7 country which didn't even have that many case/death numbers but is still somehow totally crushed by the pandemic.
Waiting truly isn't a problem, it's the indefiniteness of it that's killing. Plus, like you said, everything seems to be getting back to normal everywhere.
I wish I could use the IRCC as a pause/excuse button on life.

I know once things get moving again most of us will get over these dark days taking all this resilience with us and absolutely crush itsoon after we land

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Do you guys know when there will be new draws ofr FSW?
Things are getting back to normal, but still haven't heard anything on the return of these draws.
thanks
This is my guess but True-dough administration want to avoid 2014 situation of a growing backlog. Afghans are just an excuse. I mean look at this :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/asylum-claims/asylum-claims-2021.html

CBSA doubled its Asylum claims from 775 to 14xx in september.
IRCC? 685 to 890 in Aug to Sept.

For a reference, IRCC is processing about 30K applications of PR/Refugees per month in June. This is more than their monthly processing numbers from 2019.

I think IRCC is trying to process all those CEC applicants who are in its backlog. This is why no CEC no FSW lately. PNP are federal commitment to provinces so they cannt stop it.

Think about it, if all I had to do was to maximize my numbers of landed imigrants what will I do?

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
I'm pretty sure a TN visa is non immigrant. Maybe your hypothetical company can move you to the US on an H1B and you apply for a greencard from there. But the US uses country of birth for green card/citizenship prioritization, so Indian/Chinese nationals (the ones who are most likely to want to use Canada as a backdoor to the US because of the decades long green card processing times) will not benefit from acquired Canadian citizenship if they apply for a US green card. Unless the rules are significantly different for L1 to greencard, your anecdotes may be lacking some finer details.
Of course, all visas are non-immigrant visas, including TN status; an immigrant visa is a Permanent Residency or GC.

Acquiring Canadian Citizenship still gives you a ticket to the U.S. and makes you more desirable to U.S. employers. My post was not directly addressed to Indians or Chinese nationals, and I know their situation is different because of the country cap the US immigration has, but Indians or Chinese are not the only looking to immigrate to the United States, there are hundreds of other nationalities that DO take advantage of the Canadian Citizenship that were NOT born in India.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Of course, all visas are non-immigrant visas, including TN status; an immigrant visa is a Permanent Residency or GC.

Acquiring Canadian Citizenship still gives you a ticket to the U.S. and makes you more desirable to U.S. employers. My post was not directly addressed to Indians or Chinese nationals, and I know their situation is different because of the country cap the US immigration has, but Indians or Chinese are not the only looking to immigrate to the United States, there are hundreds of other nationalities that DO take advantage of the Canadian Citizenship that were NOT born in India.
He probably means non immigrant in the sense of, it’s not dual intent like H1B, so you could have issues because it’s harder to prove that it wasn’t your intention to be sponsored for a work based greencard, when you were there on a work based visa.

Last edited:

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

What he meant was, TN visa is not a dual intent visa and you are not eligible to apply for Green Card even if someone is ready to sponsor you. You need to be on a dual intent visa like H1b, L1.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
For those who are wondering why they keep drawing PnP, it is because nomination letters have an expiry date (6 months from the date of issuance), so IRCC has to draw this stream. It doesnt mean those who got invited will bbe processed any sooner than others, if not to say being incredibly delayed.

triptilive

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
In good times it takes about few weeks. Basically if you got your BIL or MEP, you have very likely to have reached R10 and that used to be pretty fast before pandemic. These days, worst ones I have seen are in several (like 8-9) months. One guy has been waiting on implied status since Jan 2020 or so and got his BOWP in Jan/Feb 2021. Meaning he got his R10 around Nov/Dec 2020 and then his BOWP got processed. @legalfalcon can comment more on it.
Hey sorry for sidetracking from the subject of discussion, can you please explain what BOWP, R10, BIL, MEP mean. I received an ITA on Oct 14 and I am yet to submit my application. Absolutely no clue about all these acronyms people keep using so frequently on this forum. Would be grateful if someone can just briefly explain. TIA.